“New staff maybe, service is worst I have ever seen”
Review of Oodles 'N' Oodles

Oodles 'N' Oodles
Ranked #1,035 of 2,323 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Oodles 'N' Oodles is a Pan Asian restaurant in the heart of Birmingham. Located at the StarCity complex it is the perfect choice of restaurant to dine at before catching a movie. Our Pan Asian cuisine spans all of the southern countries in Asia and our chef encompasses the delicious flavours of Thai, Malaysian, Philippines, Southern Indian and Japanese cooking and transforms ordinary ingredients into mouthwatering "fusion" dishes. We are a busy restaurant, please note last orders are 10.30pm
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I am a regular at this place and the service seems to get every time we visit. We were recently there on Wednesday 16th April with a family of 12 including 4 children. We'd requested starter food to be served at the same time as the main course as the children only wanted starters, and we wanted to eat together. The restaurant kitchen staff refused this. We thought, OK perhaps it broke their protocol to serve all food together so we didn't complain. We ordered 5 main dishes to share, and 2 premium beef stakes. Only 1 arrived and when we complained the waiters didn't understand. They can't speak English. One of the premium beef stake was the worse thing I have seen, thin burnt crispy slice of meat that couldn't be chewed! Certainly not premium. We eventually had to ask for the manager or at least someone on the staff that spoke English so we can complain that one of our main dishes has not arrived. We eventually had to cancel it and go. The cheeky staff then tried to charge us for the dish that never arrived. For the other food that did arrive, they tasted OK but again no knife and folk, no sauce or steak knife! Terrible. This place is for Asian people alone and the restaurant is too busy for any owner or manager to care about service or quality. People need to stop going here so they make less money, that way they will focus on service. We will never go back.

2  Thank Nasib C

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Took my mum to oodle noodles and my family we thought we would try something different, biggest regret , ordered meat platters food was cold and chewy we were hungry so didnt really complain, had to ask for knifes wait for that...then sauces....then salt.... they took there time was half way thru the starters, main chow mean and spicy chicken for my mum, spices were so raw as if it was thrown in last min.com and was cooked enough, I had 4 bites I was done ans im asian I can take spicy food, chicken was dry and chuwi tasted old, my mums was dry she couldnt eat it nor my dad or brother, wanted ti tell the manager, nade it clear im not asking for a refund jus wanted to get my point across as it mothers day me, he replied everyone else is eating the same food , and I said food was dry he looked at it and I replied its not dry, surely its the customers opinion he was arguring very defensive, rude will never come here again not one apology paid and walked out, never recommend this place, rude arrogant, disrespectfull, and im sure if he too his mum iut and she couldn't eat it he would be upset, not family oriented and just money hungry from my opinion u wil never let bo friends ir family members ever go to this place again

2  Thank ashie1
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We visited this place by chance because we wanted something different the menu was simple and prices were reasonable we order beef chow mein and hubby order spicy chicken noodles and side order of egg fried rice and large portion of chips it was generous amount of food we got I was very suprise i also had a large glass of mint cocktail non alcoholic which was yummy the waiter forgot to give us forks and didn't offer any sauce with the chips we ordered no salt on the chips but they were nice enough to bring some ova after I asked them too overall the staff hung around a little corner looking at customers eating Its a romantic place to come however I found that the guy who took my payment wanted tip for his service but I didn't want to tip him because he wasn't very helpful and I found that he wasn't interested in us what we wanted he would rather speak to his colleagues

1  Thank Fahima1989
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Came here on a whim. Setting was very nice and ambient. Menu looked balanced and focussed unlike other indo-chinese restaurant that want to sell everything under the sun.

Ordered the panco crusted prawns with wasabi mayo which was really nice but way too expensive for 4 small prawns.

For mains had the t-bone steak. Upon arrival, I was stunned at the size. It was hanging over the plate. I was expecting the opposite. I was really impressed that the fillet side of the t-bone which is the expensive cut, was also huge. Other restaurants either don't serve the fillet or serve a paper thin t-bone.

The service was really efficient and even when our mains were taking a little longer than expected, the staff intervened and followed up on the whereabouts of our mains.

My only criticism would be that some of the staff would do well with a can of deodorant as sometimes it was a bit unbearable.

1  Thank Connoisseur1989
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

From the food to the service, Oodles 'n oodles is just perfect time and time again! The food is always consistent, and the service is always top notch! This restaurant can make any dining experience special, whether it be romantic, special occasion, business, family outing...it covers all the basis.

2  Thank letdarkrule