“Nice atmosphare and really good service....” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #676 of 2,185 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$12 - US$27
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Oodles 'N' Oodles is a Pan Asian restaurant in the heart of Birmingham. Located at the StarCity complex it is the perfect choice of restaurant to dine at before catching a movie. Our Pan Asian cuisine spans all of the southern countries in Asia and our chef encompasses the delicious flavours of Thai, Malaysian, Philippines, Southern Indian and Japanese cooking and transforms ordinary ingredients into mouthwatering "fusion" dishes. We are a busy restaurant, please note last orders are 10.30pm
“Nice atmosphare and really good service....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I visited this place with my friends yesterday. We ordered some starter for sharing and I order stake for my main which was absolutely delicious and service is really good..i really recommend other to visit this place...,,,

3 Thank Moonzx

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not really happy with first visit!!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

he service has to be the worst for this establishment, we had two clueless waiters serving us and the managers have no idea how the commi waiters are running amuck in this place. Not very happy at all. It was a big nightmare with cutlery as we were served starters and mains and received our cutlery after 5 or 6 minutes after receiving our food this was just one of the inconveniences we have had all night long.

So how was the food, well for starters we ordered the Thai fish cake and special beef strips, both were extremely bland and I have been to many Thai places and this fish cake is no way close to Thai fish cakes and the beef strips were absolutely tasteless and my other half agreed with me too.

Our main courses come, I ordered the Beef Shangai special and the other half ordered the Thai chicken satay or something along those lines and we ordered some oriental spicy beef noodles, the mains were breath of fresh air and a very big improvement which I think salvaged the dignity of the food served here.

But overall the mains were the best thing there, the starters were as bland as eating a slice of bread and the service was shockingly bad.

I guess I have to give this place another go to really appreciate some of their other specialities.

“Random Drinks?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Today this morning I went to Star city, and I saw KFC was closed, and I saw Oodles 'n' noodles, and when I ordered a sprite they said theres 7 up once I got my 7up they said 'Heres your Lemonade' and the so called 'Pepsi' taste was like cheap cola, and one glass is about 2-3 pound. Also they said the chicken was a Nando sized chicken but it was like a little baby chicken, but the chicken was so tasty.

Reading, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

The food that i personally had from here was really bad. I had salmon with rice , the salmon was tasteless but palatable the rice was even worse, It had gone off. I didnt notice very much to start as my taste is not great, but the smell was terrible, my sister had some of it and had to spit out her food. I raised the issue with one of the staff and she made matters worse by claiming that it had not gone off but it was the special spices that they used to cook it.
Terrible.
I know i wouldn't be going back

1 Thank Folajimi
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“New staff maybe, service is worst I have ever seen”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I am a regular at this place and the service seems to get every time we visit. We were recently there on Wednesday 16th April with a family of 12 including 4 children. We'd requested starter food to be served at the same time as the main course as the children only wanted starters, and we wanted to eat together. The restaurant kitchen staff refused this. We thought, OK perhaps it broke their protocol to serve all food together so we didn't complain. We ordered 5 main dishes to share, and 2 premium beef stakes. Only 1 arrived and when we complained the waiters didn't understand. They can't speak English. One of the premium beef stake was the worse thing I have seen, thin burnt crispy slice of meat that couldn't be chewed! Certainly not premium. We eventually had to ask for the manager or at least someone on the staff that spoke English so we can complain that one of our main dishes has not arrived. We eventually had to cancel it and go. The cheeky staff then tried to charge us for the dish that never arrived. For the other food that did arrive, they tasted OK but again no knife and folk, no sauce or steak knife! Terrible. This place is for Asian people alone and the restaurant is too busy for any owner or manager to care about service or quality. People need to stop going here so they make less money, that way they will focus on service. We will never go back.

2 Thank Nasib C