“good choice”

Ranked #106 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
New York City, New York
“good choice”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I loved the hotel and reception was great and the room as well but breakfast was not good enough, i was waiting 10 minutes and nobody came to serve me!!! Also there's an Indian from the hotel next door served me badly becuase he was a bit rude to me. It's pity that one person ruined my good impression.

Room Tip: the rooms are new
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2011

This was about the 10th different hotel I've stayed at in Birmingham during the past year and was definatley my best experience to date. Main positives:
-very nice bedrooms (for me the most important part of any hotel). I think the hotel only opened recently so eveything is new and clean.
-big free car park at the back
-top class service, the hotel wasn't very busy during my stay so staff seemed to repsond very quickly to any needs.
-very reasonable bar and restaurant prices

Negatives:
-the hotel still has some teething problems- sometimes the room card needed to be re-programmed if I took it oustide the hotel but this was really only a minor inconvenience.

Overall was very impressed and will return here again in future.

Room Tip: ask for room at back facing car park- very quiet with no noise from the main road.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
California City, California
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I've been staying in the hotel for 2 days and i like here so much, the location is quiet good to go around, the room is new and the bed quailty is good as well. The food is fine for me, the best part is the staff there are really friendly and helpful which is really important for a foreigner to be in abroad. No matter how many questions i asked, they answered nicely with smile which made me feel comfortable staying there. If you ask me, as my business trip in Birmingham for 3 years, which hotel I recommend in Birmingham, Uk. There's no doubt to choose Clarion Collection Birmingham

St Helier, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I've been staying in this hotel on 14th September for 3 night on my busines trip and I'm more than happy to say how pleased I was with the quality of the room and the reliable internet conection; staff was really friendly and I was made feel very welcome from the moment of my arrival; a good quality breakfast and very plesant dinners with my friends; good location and good value for money
i will defently come back and recomended to my friends and family

Room Tip: Recomending Queen size double bedroom
1 Thank 169Daniel169
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I stayed at Clarion for 3 nights while on business in Birmingham (12th - 15th Sep). Most impressive thing about the hotel is the bedrooms- they're brand new, so very clean and well furnished. I had a queen room with huge comfortable bed and the bathrooms were of equally high standard.
I spent quite alot of time working from my laptop and was very pleased with the speed and relaibility of the (free) wi-fi internet.
If you're visiting Birmingham, I strongly recommend giving this place a try. Although, more expensive than some other hotels nearby- given the standard of the rooms it's still very good value.

1 Thank JJones_11
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights while in Birmingham on business. I booked through their direct website and was looking for a hotel with amenities such as room service and a restaurant - as travelling alone I don't like eating out by myself. The hotel room was lovely and clean. I was disappointed however to discover that the restaurant is not open contrary to their website advertising and I couldn't get any room service. This hotel is not cheap and I paid quite a lot to stay here - and I expected more. Also a breakfast buffet is advertised but again it wasn't up and running yet. Instead I had to order what I wanted through a waiter - but as they had no menus available - I was offered an english breakfast - which isn't want I wanted. I did get some kind of continental breakfast but only after asking for each item individually. The waiter should have known what was on offer. It felt like hard work to get breakfast. The second day I pre-ordered a continental breakfast from my room - which was better even if some of the items were missing. The other issue I had - which is minor - is that I couldn't watch any of the bbc channels as they weren't tuned in - the hotel checked and this was an issue in all the rooms - but they didn't do anything about it for the 2 days during my stay. I happily watched other channels but again having paid quite a lot to stay here I didn't expect to have to deal with such teething issues. I know the hotel is new and you can still see builders around - again not stated on their website - but surely then there should have been a discount in the price. Having said all the above the staff at the hotel were lovely and friendly. This will be a nice hotel when everything is up and running and I would go back - but not for a while and I will check to see if it's fully open first.

1 Thank Fi78624
yasin h, General Manager at The Collection Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing our hotel; it is an invaluable tool in helping us assess our performance. We are disappointed to learn of your less than acceptable experience with our service. We apologise without reservation for any aspect of your visit which you found to be below par.

We are happy to confirm that our restaurant is now fully functioning and we would like to invite you back to experience our food – many apologies for the inconvenience. I have also taken steps to better our breakfast service. We now have a buffet in place and I have also briefed our staff on our menu.

With regards to the builders, I fully appreciate your view and I confirm that all building work inside the building has been completed. I understand that our reception manager has offered you a discounted rate for your next stay.

I have also addressed the issue with the televisions and this has been rectified and all rooms now have BBC.

Please forgive the delay in responding. I look forward to welcoming you back and proving that we have improved our services. Thank you very for your comments regarding our staff, we are very lucky to have such a good team!

Many thanks for your feedback.

Management
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel on 27th August.
Positives - new, clean and stylish rooms. Staff were very nice and helpful.
Negatives - room was missing a telephone, but the staff were apologetic and very helpful and a phone was put in the room within 5
mins.
I would definitely stay here again, I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2011
sonja p, Manager at The Collection Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I was delighted that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and are happy to recommend it to others. Our Staff were very happy to hear the positive feedback. Apologies again for the inconvenience of not having a phone in your room when you checked in. I do hope that you will take the opportunity to stay with us again in the very near future.

Kind regards,