“Are you sure you are rating the correct hotel ??”

The Collection Hotel Birmingham
Ranked #107 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I am very surprised by some of these reviews..... Are they reviewing correct hotel.... We have stayed here four times now in four different rooms , each one similar to the last apart from size. Try the larger ones........
Staff helpful, hotel quiet at night, food good - what more can you ask ?

Room Tip: Room 1120 really quiet - end of corridor
1  Thank rainmaker27

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Stayed here for one night with a groupon voucher. Bedroom had a hole in the wall where someone had obviously punched/kicked it, shower didn't have a shower head !

On the plus side the food was very nice and the restaurant staff very helpful

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don032
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently and was so happy with everything about it that I just had to write a review. I paid £75 for a queen room via booking.com.
My room was very nice and looked very modern. The pictures online look exactly like the rooms.
I also tried the restaurant out and must say the food was excellent and not to pricey!
All in all, I had a very nice experience and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank andrew h
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We’ve stayed here once before, last year shortly after it opened, but never got around to posting a review up for it. Now we've booked again I thought I should write a review.
We had the superior room last time but this time booked an executive- it was £10 more but you get an enormous bed.
Arrived early and asked if we could just drop the bag off and go back out however, the lovely lady on reception advised us that our room was ready so we were able to check-in first, leave our bags in the room and then go out.
The bedroom is very modern and although they are not the biggest rooms/bathrooms we have ever stayed in, they are so well furnished and planned that you don’t need the extra space. You get bathrobes, ironing board and tea/coffee maker all nicely tucked away in the wardrobe.
Bathroom very good quality and everything spick and span.
For us the location was perfect as we had a function at the Botanical Gardens which are just a few minutes drive away. I’ve really enjoyed both my stays at this hotel and I’ve already booked for my next stay when I’ll be coming to Birmingham to watch the England vs West Indies at Edgbaston.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank charles h
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I'll start with the positives.

1. Made to feel very welcome on arrival by receptionist and taken to our room.
2. Room itself was lovely - clean with good quality linen and very comfortable bed and nice bathroom. Decor was of high standard.
3. Very quiet during the night (important as we were travelling with our toddler).
4. Free Car Park
5. Breakfast in our room was excellent (I'm not a fan of continental breakfasts but it was really good)
6. Attention to detail. We wanted Weetabix for our toddler - it was presented so nicely alongside a small jug of honey, jug of warm milk and sliced fresh fruit!

Areas that could be improved;

1. Dinner was really good - menu had alot of choice. However, the restaurant could do with better lighting.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. Its hard travelling with children and i felt that the staff made an extra effort to ensure we were all comfortable!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Gareth R
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Every member of staff we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful.
The whole hotel was spotless and well presented. Our room 1120 was at the end of the corridor and I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel room which was so quiet and peaceful. No noise at all! The room was large and contained everything you'd expect for a hotel of this standard. Again it was very clean, the decor modern and the beds were comfy.
Overall great hotel at a great price and we’ll definitely stay again.

Room Tip: the rooms at the end of the corridors are really quiet.
Reviewed 26 May 2012

stayed one night for husbands birthday treat, Evening meal was disappointing and luke warm. When we went to bed, the bottom sheet had stains on and wasnt made properly which led me to wonder if the sheets had been changed.
The breakfast " hot " buffet was cold and totally inedible.
When we complained about the breakfast another plate of food was brought to us and this was also cold.
When we complained at reception the receptionist was eating his breakfast at the desk! he said the manager would ring us later. Still waiting.

4  Thank castleknott
yasin h, General Manager at The Collection Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Guest,
I can assure you that as the manager I always respond personally to any guests that have not been satisfied with their stay at the hotel. I'm a little concerend that you may have posted this review for the wrong hotel as you mention that the receptionist was eating "his breakfast" at the desk but we actually don't have any male receptionist working at the hotel except during the evening and night shift.
If you want to discuss anything further, please feel free to contact me on 021 4102263. Thanks