“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #105 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We have just arrived home after a short one night stay in Birmingham & must say I am so glad I come across this hotel on laterooms.com, we got an excellent rate for a superior twin room & everything lived up to our expectations!! The staff were welcoming made the effort to talk to us & give us any advice/help that was necessary to making our stay as comfortable as possible for us. The room was fantastic, very clean, good size for a twin & the shower was very hard to drag yourself out of in the morning. We had our evening meal in the hotel restaurant and again service was excellent & food was scrummy.Location was brilliant for what we had planned & literally 5 mins drive from the centre but in a very nice quiet location. Will be definately be returning in the very near future keep up the good work Clarion

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank zsmith28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I am very surprised by some of these reviews..... Are they reviewing correct hotel.... We have stayed here four times now in four different rooms , each one similar to the last apart from size. Try the larger ones........
Staff helpful, hotel quiet at night, food good - what more can you ask ?

Room Tip: Room 1120 really quiet - end of corridor
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rainmaker27
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Stayed here for one night with a groupon voucher. Bedroom had a hole in the wall where someone had obviously punched/kicked it, shower didn't have a shower head !

On the plus side the food was very nice and the restaurant staff very helpful

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Don032

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

los angeles
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently and was so happy with everything about it that I just had to write a review. I paid £75 for a queen room via booking.com.
My room was very nice and looked very modern. The pictures online look exactly like the rooms.
I also tried the restaurant out and must say the food was excellent and not to pricey!
All in all, I had a very nice experience and will be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank andrew h
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We’ve stayed here once before, last year shortly after it opened, but never got around to posting a review up for it. Now we've booked again I thought I should write a review.
We had the superior room last time but this time booked an executive- it was £10 more but you get an enormous bed.
Arrived early and asked if we could just drop the bag off and go back out however, the lovely lady on reception advised us that our room was ready so we were able to check-in first, leave our bags in the room and then go out.
The bedroom is very modern and although they are not the biggest rooms/bathrooms we have ever stayed in, they are so well furnished and planned that you don’t need the extra space. You get bathrobes, ironing board and tea/coffee maker all nicely tucked away in the wardrobe.
Bathroom very good quality and everything spick and span.
For us the location was perfect as we had a function at the Botanical Gardens which are just a few minutes drive away. I’ve really enjoyed both my stays at this hotel and I’ve already booked for my next stay when I’ll be coming to Birmingham to watch the England vs West Indies at Edgbaston.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank charles h
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I'll start with the positives.

1. Made to feel very welcome on arrival by receptionist and taken to our room.
2. Room itself was lovely - clean with good quality linen and very comfortable bed and nice bathroom. Decor was of high standard.
3. Very quiet during the night (important as we were travelling with our toddler).
4. Free Car Park
5. Breakfast in our room was excellent (I'm not a fan of continental breakfasts but it was really good)
6. Attention to detail. We wanted Weetabix for our toddler - it was presented so nicely alongside a small jug of honey, jug of warm milk and sliced fresh fruit!

Areas that could be improved;

1. Dinner was really good - menu had alot of choice. However, the restaurant could do with better lighting.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. Its hard travelling with children and i felt that the staff made an extra effort to ensure we were all comfortable!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gareth R
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Every member of staff we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful.
The whole hotel was spotless and well presented. Our room 1120 was at the end of the corridor and I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel room which was so quiet and peaceful. No noise at all! The room was large and contained everything you'd expect for a hotel of this standard. Again it was very clean, the decor modern and the beds were comfy.
Overall great hotel at a great price and we’ll definitely stay again.

Room Tip: the rooms at the end of the corridors are really quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple