The Collection Hotel Birmingham
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Woodlands Hotel(Birmingham)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewssized bedironing boardflat screen tvmain roadvisiting birmingham
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

The place was ok, but made terrible by an awful night receptionist.

We missed the spot because its not the easiest place to find. We called the receptionist and she was quite rude and didn't give very helpful instructions.

We got there after a bit of time, and even though the outside looked impressive, the inside decor wasn't that great. It didn't have the vibe of a very classy place.

After dealing with the rude receptionist a bit more at the table, we went up to the room and found they had given us a room with two single beds instead of a double. The receptionist just said there was nothing she could do about it.

The rooms themselves were well equipped, although a bit cramped. We struggled to turn of the heating, and had to sleep with the windows open.

Breakfast was unreasonably expensive, so we left to eat in the city.

It's alright a place if you have no choice, but I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Haresh S
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I arrived at 9.30pm with my boyfriend only to find they did not have my booking which I made through Late Rooms 5 days earlier. The guy, who didn't have great customer service skills, then tried to tell me that it was Laterooms error and they can't be held responsible and the problem is between me and Laterooms and not their fault even though it was clear from his phone call to his boss that it was the guy who was on reception at the times fault. He then began to tell me they were overbooked so he would look for a hotel for me. Great...except its now nearly 10pm and you don't seem to appreciate that I spent two hours finding the perfect hotel. So we ended up in a 3* hotel, even though Clarion is 4* about ten minutes away paid for by ME no where near the city centre or any amenities for that matter and it was of a very low standrard. I contacted laterooms the next morning who confirmed my suspicions that they send booking info via atleast two methods. And it wasn't until then that I was offered a complimentary stay by the Clarion (which I declined) and apparently the next day I would recieve a phone call from the manager which is yet to happen. DO NOT STAY,

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stay here a few times on business. The rooms are new, tastefully decorated and good. Breakfast improved but a bit disorganised. Hotel currently got major renovations going on in parts as the site is being developed but this won't impact your stay. Corridor and lift area a bit shabby but this is a minor. For some odd rason they take payment as you checkin and not as you leave which is unusual.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while visiting a show in the NEC. For b&b you can't go wrong. I stayed in what I assume is a fairly recently refurb. Bed comfy and a 42" tv in a small room. En suite was spotless. Loads of hot water and towels.

Staff were top class. Congrats to management on their choice of staff.

Main bar is well stocked and staff very friendly and professional.

All in all had a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank stefoley
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Came here with my boyfriend we booked the queen room, when we arrived we debated wether to use the car park if you can call it that, very uneven, clutted and skip full of crap and unsecured after deciding to use it we went to reception where the young man working couldnt care less about anything apart from getting back to watching have i got news for you, the room was nice altgough it stunk of cannabis and we couldnt get rid of it and the plug in he sink didnt work, would never stay here again and deffinatlay wasn't worth the money!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank AimeeBx
y h, General Manager at The Collection Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Sir/Madame, I think you may have posted this review to the wrong hotel as your comments don't bear any semblance to our hotel. Could you please give me a call on 0121 410 2263 to clarify this.