“Excellent hotel for a business or leisure stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace
Ranked #27 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel for a business or leisure stay”
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights on business. Efficient friendly check in. I had been before in the days of City Inn and Mint Hotel. A few little changes but still very good.
Had room service both nights, nice food and quick service.
Will be back next time I need to stay over.
The only thing I missed was the white company toiletries! ;-)

• Stayed May 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Great hotel, friendly staff, the breakfast was busy but we were looked after! the imac in the room is a great little touch! really enjoyed my stay here and cant wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Stephenc186402, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback with Trip advisor following your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Birmingham. We really appreciate your comments and are delighted that you found the service and faciltiies to be as you would have wanted.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Birmingham but in the meantime

Yours sincerely
UK
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My husband and I have booked one night in this hotel for our first visit in Birmingham.
Nice and quiet place, but in the walking distance to shops and nearby couple nice pubs and restaurants.
Clean, comfortable with nice breakfast and brilliant staff - those are our expectations from Hilton. This time letting down point were - was.. staff - actually only one person - otherwise I would mark it as excellent.
We found hotel without any problems by the post code,but on arrival it is no clear directions were the parking is. If you are from Birmingham you probably know it is just round the corner in NCP, but if you are first time in the town... My husband gone to hotel reception to ask were parking is and he met very unfriendly receptionist ( I suspect - the same lady I had problems with later) who pretend she did not understand my husband accent, but finally pushed herself to say what there is NO parking in Hilton and we must park in NCP round the corner.... All right, let's not be upset, maybe just bad day to someone....
As we arrived quiet early we parked our car in NCP (£14.3/24 hours) and gone to the town first. About 15 minutes slow pace we've reached main shopping area - very convenient.
We arrived back to the hotel at about 4 pm. Check in WAS NOT so smoothly as I expected. I was dealing with receptionist Claire who for some unexplained reasons clearly did not like me!!!!.
I know English it is not my first language, but asking to repeat 2-3 times EVERY WORD OR SENTENCE, excuse me, it was over the top!!!!
AND IT WAS ME WHO WAS APOLOGISING!!!! (I live in UK many years and never ever felt so unwelcome. I am sorry, but If you are working in hotel - this is YOUR JOB and headache TO UNDERSTAND what customers are saying and if you not - it is your problem and you need to find nice and polite way to sort this out!!! Even if you don't like me ( I have no idea why??), you MUST make me happy - IT IS YOUR JOB!!!
She was very arrogant, she was smiling and obvious not swearing, but she let me felt embarrassed and unwelcome. I asked her twice to confirm I have pre booked room with the breakfast - she confirmed that, as well she gave me welcoming envelop as HH member, but did not explained anything. I NEEDED TO ASK when and were breakfast will be served and no mentioning about other facilities.
Thanks God, she managed to say our room is on the 7th floor and I did not dare to ask or want anything else!!!!
The room was nice, decent size, very comfortable with safe box and mini bar, nice en-suite and all toiletries. No disappointment. Very clean and fresh. The bed was very comfortable and we had very good night sleep, ACS were working well.
On the evening I still gone back to reception even afraid to be upset again as I forgot a charger for my phone. Other lady - Sharon was there and she was very friendly and polite. When I ask her does she have any problems to understand me, she really did not understand why I am asking!!! She was not able to find a charger for me, but she's offered to leave my phone and she will charge it with her personal charger! That was very kind!
On the morning we went for breakfast and... surprise surprise... very nice lady saying we having room only and no breakfast!. I felt upset and frustrated, lady was very nice and polite, apologised for mistake ( even it was not her fault!!!) and promised to clarify this with reservations.
Breakfast... I love Hilton breakfast! :) There are very nice variety of food and very high quality. I even find my porridge, lots of fresh fruits, nice coffee and it was possibility to bake your own waffles!!! Very helpful girl Olga assisted us and all other staff was very friendly and welcoming.
After breakfast I have gone to reception were I met Alex and she checked reservations and apologised for mistake, as well informed what as HH we have late check out, as well asked for my parking ticket to give 10% discount! (This information never ever was mentioned on check in!) Check out lasted for about ... 1 minute! Excellent!!!
She was friendly, professional, make me feel welcoming and ... had no problems to understand what I am saying!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We were looking to go to Birmingham for a night (shopping & clubbing), knowing the area well from going on Stag Do's I wanted to stay on or near Broadstreet. My first choice was the Hyatt however the price kept increasing over the 7 days approaching the date (£91-£119).

After looking on Trip Advisor we seen Hilton Garden Inn was rated highly and perfectly situated so we booked it for £69, plus x2 breakfasts so £89 in total. Arriving at the hotel was a doddle and there is a multi storey car park Approx 80 metres around the corner (£15 for 24 hours). We arrived at the hotel and was impressed with the layout and service provided. From walking through the door we were checked in an heading to the room within a couple of minutes.

The only disappointment for me was the room lacking a bath and the general lack of quality feel, this was probably comparing it to the Hyatt though which by that point was almost twice as much. The rooms have Apple Mac computers in them that double up as TV’s, this is a great concept, the only thing I would advise the hotel to do is install Silverlight on them so guests can access their premium sky channels via Sky Go.

The hotel has WIFI throughout although I found it slow and unstable, Sky Go would not work on my Ipad.

Breakfast the morning after was great, chef cooking omelettes, regular buffest, selection of pastries, DIY Pancake machine, juices, cereals etc. We checked out soon after with very little fuss.

For the money this hotel is absolutely outstanding, the position close to the bars and night life is ideal and despite being a busy Saturday night (Champions League Final) we found the hotel very quiet throughout our stay. I would compare this hotel as a rival for Premier Inn, your not paying luxury prices therefore don’t expect pure luxury and you will love this hotel. Better located than either of the Premier Inn’s!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tuvra
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This hotel was perfect for us as it is located near to the NIA and we were taking my elderly mother to a show here.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are comfortable, clean and well equiped although they are small. The bathroom is also - no room to really put your wash bag!

Lunch was disappointing as there was not much choice but there are plenty of places to eat & drink outside of the hotel - Brindley Place buzzes with life at night.

Breakfast was good with the usual full English on offer with cold meats, juices, toast, fruit, cereals etc and also freshly made omlettes and poached eggs. The breakfast bar however is small and can get busy at peak times and you usually have to queue.

I would however use this hotel again because it is so close to the city centre and all that it has to offer.

We had a good weekend and my mother was well taken care of by thoughtful staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Scotland
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I stayed here for business - rooms comfortable and well appointed if a little small with apple tv and computer. Spotless petite shower room with lots of towels and toiletries. Breakfast buffet plus freshly made omlettes. All staff in hotel and restuarant really helpful and nice. The only issue was that the chips and the lemon that came with my fish were burnt. However I asked for more chips and that was not a problem, Restaurant stylish.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TortgirlScotland
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This hotel has had a through re-vamp & has been tastefully modernised. The city centre is a 10 minute walk from the hotel, but there is plenty of places to eat & drink (including in the hotel) around the hotel. There is a multi storey car park a minutes walk from the hotel, as the hotel itself does not have parking, they do however offer a good discount rate for parking in the multi storey. There is also taxis available outside most of the time. The reception staff were very friendly & helpful when we were asking our way around. This is definitely one of the better Hilton examples.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Stephenc186402, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Many thanks for your recent review on tripadvisor,

Your feedback is important to us and I was delighted to read that you were happy with the facilities, staff, service and our location here at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

In the meantime