“Free Wi-Fi and Apple Mac PCs with Skype in rooms”

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace
Ranked #27 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Bristol
“Free Wi-Fi and Apple Mac PCs with Skype in rooms”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Just stayed 4 nights on business, my first time since the rebrand from City Inn and then MINT.

Perfect choice still - Apple Mac PC in all rooms and free Wi-Fi works brilliantly for staying in touch with home and working from your room. Skype on the Apple Mac was such a good result for staying in touch with home.

Breakfast £14.95, but with a proper empty mini-fridge in your room and a Sainsbury's around the corner self catering breakfast is always an option.

My only disappointment was dinner in the on site City Cafe - menu is much more limited than the City Inn/MINT days and expensive for those of us on an expenses budget. The previous Market Menu of 3 courses for £20 is no more. A colleague sent their main course back as it was unpalatable.

That aside, a great hotel, friendly and welcoming staff - the overall package, in room facilities and location make for a perfect stay for anyone who needs to be in Brindley Place. My first choice hotel for staying in Birmingham.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dizco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Birmingham
Reviewed 13 June 2012

A great location for a days shopping and drinking in the city. Hotel modern and very good value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this review, 24 June 2012
Many thanks for your recent review on tripadvisor,

Your feedback is important to us and I was delighted to read that you were happy with the facilities, staff, service and location here at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham.

I hope that on some future occasion we will welcome you back to the hotel again.

In the meantime

Kind Regards
Bristol England
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning of june for two nights for a gig at the NIA and a girly shopping weekend and we had a wonderful time. Check in was very quick and simple. The lady on reception was very professional and when we got to our room and the speakers on the tv/computer weren't working we phoned down and she came up immediately in person and tried to sort it out unfortunately she couldn't but quickly moved us to the room opposite without any fuss at all.

The rooms were comfortable and the beds were lovely if only a little high. I'm 5ft 4ins and felt like I had to jump into bed and my friend is over 6ft and her feet did not touch the floor when she sat on the bed!!! Not a problem for us but may need to be kept in mind for people who may find this difficult. Bathroom was fabulous, lovely and clean and the shower was to die for, it actually felt like it was massaging my head as I was washing my hair!!!! There was a bar at the hotel too, we didn't actually drink in there but it looked comfortable and well furnished and there were always plenty of people in there, we didn't try the breakfast either as we didn't pay for this.

The location of this hotel is brilliant! We were within a 2 minute walking distance of the NIA and bars and restaurants and the main street with nightlife is a 5 minute walk but everything is far enough away that you get a good nights sleep, the windows were double glazed too so we had no outside noise. Birmingham new st station and the bull ring were a £5ish taxi ride away. The people on reception were very prompt at ordering taxis and we never had to wait and taxis are easy to get in the town to get back to the hotel. We had an absolutely fabulous time and we will definately be going back, I could not say a bad word about this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MissC26
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed for 2 nights at an advanced rate booked directly with the hotel (although others in the party benefited from a cheaper discounted price). Unfortunately on booking I was told I had to pay for my stay but my card was only charged for one night, which I didn't spot at the time. This was frustrating as I thought I'd settled the bill and wasn't expecting the payment to my card.

The room was comfortable and clean, although the bed seemed very high and I'm short so nearly had to leap in! I loved the apple mac television and the toiletries.
Breakfast was very expensive although there was a lot of choice.

The bar shut pretty early and there were 7 thirsty Scottish people in our group who would have spent more money. There was some drinks in the pantry by reception but I am used to being able to have a drink in the bar if I'm a guest staying in the hotel.

I ordered a newspaper for the morning and it wasn't delivered.

Overall, the hotel was in a good location for the canal and restaurants and it was a comfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had 3 twin rooms booked for a friday night. I emailed 24 hours before arrival to check if it was ok to park on site if we arrived earlier than check-in time and got a fast, positive response. We actually arrived at around 10am and the woman on reception was extremely helpful and professional - giving us keys for 2 out of the 3 rooms [5 hours before official check-in time]. The rooms were clean and well equipped - especially liked the i-Mac tv giving all the Sky Sports Channels! Breakfast was good too, and every member of staff we had contact with was polite and cheerful. This hotel was outstanding value for money, and is also in an excellent location. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Cormac1967
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed here for a night on midweek business trip. Amazing value and great staff, the only reason that I didn't give it 5 stars was that the parking was a bit of a joke, but other than that it really is very good!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BashBrannigan
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Stayed here with work 24th May. Staff were friendly and well presented on check in, which was fairly busy but not too stressful.

Booked through Hilton website 2 weeks in advance and got a good price, although some confusion on their website as to whether breakfast was included or not. It was. The location was good for getting out and finding food. Rooms were clean, not generous but adequate for an overnight business stay with wifi available. They also had Mac TVs which I had to call down and ask reception about using (technophobe)

The bar was dark but reception area provided bright seating just outside the bar area.
Breakfast staff were quick and efficient with the guy on the entrance being very friendly.

All in all, did exactly what it said on the tin.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business