“Good one night stay, great location”

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace
Ranked #24 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on 22nd November 2013 for one night as we were going to the NIA for a concert, we stayed in a Queen room on the 4th floor.

The hotel is located just off of Broad Street, close enough to lots of bars and restaurants but far enough away that you don't hear late night revelers.

The room itself was a good size with a comfortable bed and bedding and a mini fridge. There is also a Mac which can be used as a computer and a TV with Sky Sports etc.

We had breakfast in the hotel which was also nice, good selection of foods in a nice setting, the waiting staff were very attentive however the selection of hot drinks was somewhat lacking, my girlfriend would have like a cappuccino instead of just regular coffee.

The staff were friendly, very small queues to check in and out at what I expected to be busy times, I didn't walk past a member of staff that didn't say hello or good morning/afternoon.

One thing of note, if you're able to walk a few hundred yards, DO NOT park in the Q Park car park next to the hotel...£15.70 for 24 hours parking, if you drive further up towards the iMax cinema there is a car park that is just as safe and secure and costs £6.40 for 24 hours.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicola U, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor. We always appreciate guest feedback in any form as it allows us to review the hotel and make any necessary changes to move the hotel forward in the right direction.

We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and our great location in the prestigious Brindley Place. Surrounded by bars and restaurants, and close to all the great shopping and attractions that the city has to offer, we believe that we are extremely well situated for all guests and hope that you agree.

Nicola Underhill

Write a ReviewReviews (2,843)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I lived in a lot hotel in Birminhgam, but Hilton Garden is the best place I stay in this few weeks. Good staff and good location, just behind of the Board street that I can drink and then sleep...lol
Even I late check in about 11pm but staff in reception also very friendly to introduce all details about hotel and everything.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Nicola U, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Reviewer

We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and that you enjoyed our great location in the prestigious Brindley Place. Surrounded by bars and restaurants, and close to all the great shopping and attractions that the city has to offer, we believe that we are extremely well situated for all guests and hope that you agree.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My son and I stayed for one night last week as we were at a show at NIA- Queens of the Stone Age- they were brilliant. I had contacted the hotel beforehand and managed to secure a parking spot underneath the hotel in a secure place(thanks to Nicola Underhill, the Manager for sorting this), although there is a multi storey car park next door.

The hotel is very functional...we stayed in a Evolution room- 2 single beds, Apple TV and tea/coffee making facilities. The room was clean and the bathroom was in good order...absolutely no complaints at all.

What we liked about it was that it was literally a 5 minute walk to the NIA and there were plenty of bars and restaurants in the area. Although we were there only one night the area looks really nice with the canal paths, little walkways and bridges and the whole area had a nice feel to it- we were both impressed.

Would definitely book again if we were in Central Birmingham- My Satnav threw a wobbly although I think it might have been my fault as there are many crossing roads which may be confusing for some to actually find the place but if you take your time you will be fine...just off the back of Broad Street.

We booked Dinner bed and breakfast and although we chose only to have a burger and fries it was fine...breakfast was buffet style and was more than adequate.

If I had a "complaint" the room was a little TOO WARM for my son and I as between November and March the cooling system is switched off and rooms stay at a constant 21 degrees...it seemed a lot warmer than that to us.

All in all an excellent stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback which I will share with the rest of the team today. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and you are more than welcome about your parking. We hope that you were able to take advantage of some of our great facilities too while you were here such as our complimentary wifi and 24 hour pantry service.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed here for a Saturday night. Hotel is bright, clean and comfortable and situated perfectly for the NIA or ICC.
The bathroom was small but functional.
We will stay here again and I recommend for anyone needing to stay in Brindley place

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel. At Hilton Garden Inn we aim to exceed guest expectations so we are really pleased that you had an enjoyable experience
Next time you stay with us you should treat yourself to one of our signature cocktails that we offer in Brindley Lounge, or have a tasty bite to eat in our contemporary City Café restaurant.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I booked three rooms for a one night stay to celebrate my graduation. Staff were helpful and polite. Rooms were warm and very clean. Beds were comfortable. The breakfast included in the price was brilliant, with plenty of variety. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer

We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and hope that you enjoyed our great location in the prestigious Brindley Place. Surrounded by bars and restaurants, and close to all the great shopping and attractions that the city has to offer, we believe that we are extremely well situated for all guests and hope that you agree.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was dubious about booking this hotel but we got a good deal and so went ahead. On arrival nd check-in we were told we had been upgraded, our room was on 6th floor. The room was smaller than anticipated with a smaaler than usual bathroom with only a shower in it!! All was clean and well maintained, the bed was higher than usual but with a good hard mattress. Breakfast was our only experience of eating here and on both mornings it was a letdown, cold plates lukewarm food, and not enough tea or coffee. Why have a cooking station for eggs when the chef is away for 90% of the time? Would I go back, probably not. On the Saturday evening I went for a drink in the bar, Despite the fact that it was only just after 8.00 the bar was quiet but had obviously been busier as when I sat at a comfrtable table I noticed several tables that were waiting to be cleared and cleaned, this was still the case when I ordered my next drink, surely this isn't Hiltons standard?

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicola U, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Reviewer

Please accept my apologies for your unenjoyable experience and rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously and shared with the team. I would really welcome the oppounity to discuss this with you further and would be grateful if you could contact me at nicola.underhill@hilton.com

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The appearance of the hotel is fine, but beware of problems with the hot-water system. Clearly not just us, as we were advised by staff to run both taps and shower units at the same time to get hot water!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Philip G

Dear Reviewer

Please accept my apologies regarding your unenjoyable experience. As we have had some amiable dialogue off line, I do hope that you are now reassured that this was not our usual standard and that you will reconsider a return to the hotel in the future.