“Excellent hotel!”

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace
Ranked #24 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel is one of the best hotels I think I've possibly stayed in. I'd requested a twin room after booking online & they told me if there was any on the day of check in they would try and accomodate my request. When we did check in there were no twin rooms available but was told we could check into a double room then go back to reception in a couple of hours to see if there were any twins, which we did and we did managed to get one. Reception very helpful & friendly who assisted us with this request. Rooms are modern and nicely decorated, apple computers in room. Bathroom little on the small side but perfectly adequate, however shower quite roomy & complimentary toiletries provided. My friend forgot her IPhone 4 charger, as we were checking into our room I saw a guy checking the rooms so I asked him by chance & he sorted one of for us :o) I also then collared him again for help with the aircon as the windows are kinda of double double glazed, added extra glass to prevent noise I supposed which stopped the main window from being opened - which he gladly assisted with. A very pleasant, charming young man and happy to help so big thumbs up to him. Nice clean fresh bed linen and towels and beds were really comfortable. Great location just behind broad street. And to top it of it was a reasonable price for this time of year - got the room for £68 on travel republic. Would def stay again

Room Tip: I would imagine there all the same standard as first double room we booked into was just the same
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Nicola U, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay with us which I have shared with the team. At Hilton Garden Inn we aim to exceed guest expectations at every opportunity and feedback always enables us to work on this even further.

We do hope that you were able to take advantage of some of our great facilities while you were here, such as our complimentary wifi throughout and Apple iMacs in all the bedrooms.

We hope that you had a safe journey home and we look forward to seeing you again in the future

Nicola Underhill

Write a ReviewReviews (2,842)

Reviewed 7 December 2013

The location of the hotel for Xmas markets and shopping is perfect. The services/food is terrible. You wont get help or information from reception staff they will only take your money. Anything else is not offered. Friendly greeting does not happen. Breakfast is cold and service at breakfast is bad. Restaurant was closed due to Christmas functions but the only way we found out was a piece of paper stuck on the lift wall.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Nicola U, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback which allows us to make any necessary changes to the hotel in order to move the business forward. Please accept my apologies for your unenjoyable stay and rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously and shared with the team.

We hope that you had a safe journey home.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed here on business recently I arrived just after check in time but there were no queues and I was checked in very fast unfortunately they had no double rooms so I had to accept a twin that is the only down side I found for this hotel. The hotel is just of Broad Street so centrally located, the room was compact but had everything that was required and spotless, all rooms have showers only so it would'nt be somewhere I'd stay for pleasure as I like to have a soak but for 1 night while away on business it is great and it's also only a 15 minute walk to New Street Station if you don't want to take a taxi. At just over a hundred pound for the night you could'nt get much better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback which I will share with the rest of the team today. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and hope that you were able to take advantage of some of our great facilities while you were here such as our complimentary wifi and 24 hour pantry service.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The Afternoon was lovely! More than enough and delicious. I took my friend here for her birthday and she loved it. The service was good and friendly. We were unhappy with our second pot of tea as it was very weak, they immediately got us another fresh pot which was perfect. Recommended!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer

We are really pleased that you had an enjoyable experience with us and I will share your comments with the team. It is worth noting that as well as Afternoon Teas we cater for a wide range of events including; weddings, private dinners or family gatherings.

We do hope that you had a safe journey home and we look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed for one night so did not make use of all of the hotels facilities. Hotel was clean and well presented but some areas were lacking. The Internet was next to useless, 3G on my phone was much quicker. Room was noisy due to the air conditioning fan. The Apple TV setup was tricky to use especially when the tiny remote needed some encouragement to work and then seemed to send all my button presses at once. To top it all off I felt the bed was too hard and the pillows were lumpy. Personally I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Reviewer

We hope that you had a safe journey home.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

If you want relative luxury with simplicity cleanliness and good service stay here.

The hotel is well located with all the facilities you need for business.
Apple computer and TV in the room
Wireless (free) internet
Pleasant welcoming staff.
The only place that is slightly better is the Novotel round the corner

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed for 3 days for an Exhibition (because I prefer to be in the centre). Excellent relatively new hotel, excellently located in the centre near Brindley Place (Canal) and Broad Street. Everything modern and clean. Breakfast spot on!

Seriously cannot think of anything negative. They've got all the basics right. I know that the prices/offers do fluctuate a lot so I just hope that I can get a similar deal next year!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel. At Hilton Garden Inn we aim to exceed guest expectations so we are really pleased that you had an enjoyable experience.

Next time you stay with us you should treat yourself to one of our signature cocktails that we offer in Brindley Lounge, or have a tasty bite to eat in our contemporary City Café restaurant.