“one night in the Inn” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
London, United Kingdom
“one night in the Inn”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

If you enjoy a relaxing bath, avoid the Hilton Garden Inn, there isn't one in the building. If you like a well cooked omelette, don't order one from room service. And if you enjoy watching tv, and it doesn't work, keep asking reception to change your remote. I wont be coming back.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Esther R
Nicola U, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. At HIlton Garden Inn we value all of our guest opinions and we are really sorry that you did not have an enjoyable expreience. I would be most grateful if you could contact me direct at nicola.underhill@hilton.com so that we can discuss this further.

Nicola Underhill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Wokingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We booked into stay over night because we were going to the NIA for an evening show. It is a couple of hundred yards from the NIA which makes it ideal. It is very reasonably priced and I was very impressed with the facilities. Bed was exceptionally comfortable and had a great night's sleep.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor. We always appreciate guest feedback in any form as it allows us to review the hotel and make any necessary changes to move the hotel forward in the right direction.

We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and our great location in the prestigious Brindley Place. Surrounded by bars and restaurants, and close to all the great shopping and attractions that the city has to offer, we believe that we are extremely well situated for all guests and hope that you agree.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

The hotel is well positioned. My room was large, well furnished and had its own "Apple" system. Every member of staff was knowledgeable and very helpful. However I wish to single out "Housekeeping". I lost a very expensive cufflink, more important, they were a gift from my wife. Jeannie and Pam did not stop until they found it (a day later). I cannot thank them enough and I will stay at the Hilton every time I am in Birmingham.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicola U, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback which I will share with the rest of the team today. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and hope that you were able to take advantage of some of our great facilities while you were here such as our complimentary wifi and 24 hour pantry service.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

What a lovely hotel. Modern room with lots of space and a large bed. All mod cons and an iMac as a TV. It is very clean and the staff are helpful. I ordered a salmon salad for room service which was very tasty and delivered punctually. I would not hesitate in returning.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Reviewer

We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and hope that you enjoyed our great location in the prestigious Brindley Place. Surrounded by bars and restaurants, and close to all the great shopping and attractions that the city has to offer, we believe that we are extremely well situated for all guests and hope that you agree.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location because it is right in brindley place, which is great for eating out and drinking. The hotel car park and the multi-story next door are very expensive, but if you park around the corner (turn left by the pictures and left, left again) it's only £6.40 for the night. The room was very nice with everything you would need. I called reception a couple of times and they were very helpful.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Simon W
Nicola U, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Reviewer

We are glad that you enjoyed our great location in the prestigious Brindley Place. Surrounded by bars and restaurants, and close to all the great shopping and attractions that the city has to offer, we believe that we are extremely well situated for all guests and hope that you agree.

Bristol
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed here for two nights during a business trip to Birmingham. I expected a comfortable hotel with luxuries, being a Hilton city center hotel, however I pretty disappointed!

As a Silver Honours member (at the time), I was hoping for upgrade to a slightly better than standard room, however I ended up with a minimally sized room with barely enough room to navigate around the bed. It seems that almost every room in this property is based on a standard design/layout.

Another frustration was the lack of TV, instead every room of this hotel has an iMac with a fairly small screen, whilst this computer is capable of TV as well, I found it to be quite frustrating as the audio and video kept losing synchronisation, a real irritation.

In addition, I like to connect my laptop to the TV via HDMI to watch my own films, but no such connectivity was available into the iMac.

On the first night, I was kept awake until midnight by the sounds of tables/chairs being rearranged - I was woken at 5.30am by the same sounds. Despite calls to reception, I was not informed that these noises were coming from the restaurant (which I discovered the next day), and only then was the offer of being moved to a new room made.

The sleep quality in general is fairly poor, despite being moved to a room on the highest floor, I could still hear noise from other rooms and floors - insulation between rooms seems to have been forgotten.

Whilst staying, I ordered a room-service meal (Burger) which was actually fairly tasty, except for the 'Leek and Potato Soup' which had a rather odd taste to it.

Overall, this hotel is no more luxurious or comfortable than a Premiere-Inn. Don't check-in and expect Hilton luxury, because it is simply a bed for the night.

Room Tip: Choose a high-up floor to avoid noise from the restaurant and outside roads.
2 Thank Sergeant1980
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback which allows us to make any necessary changes to the hotel in order to move the business forward. Please rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously and accept our apologies for your disappointing stay.

If you would like to discuss this with me further then please do not hesitate to contact me direct at nicola.underhill@hilton.com

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

The hotel is spotless, in a central position, with ample parking. A great service, the room was comfortable and very clean, and the food was great with plenty of choice. top standards as always ! I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would imagine all the rooms are of a top standard.