“Excellent in room facilities, and location to ammenties.”

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace
Ranked #23 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here for our wedding anniversary and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the level of in room gadgets for the price we paid. The location is great for access to the all the places you want to go.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jakeandbella
Nicola U, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback which I will share with the rest of the team today. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and hope that you were able to take advantage of some of our great facilities while you were here such as our complimentary wifi and 24 hour pantry service.

Nicola Underhill

Write a ReviewReviews (2,787)

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent sized room (503) with Apple computer/TV.
Very comfortable and appealing.
Apart from a misunderstanding over the music in the bar we had a lovely stay. The little touches e.g. the wardrobe lights coming on when doors opened enhanced tge exoerience. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel. At Hilton Garden Inn we aim to exceed guest expectations so we are really pleased that you had an enjoyable experience.

Next time you stay with us you should treat yourself to one of our signature cocktails that we offer in Brindley Lounge, or have a tasty bite to eat in our contemporary City Café restaurant.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My sister and I spent the weekend in this lovely hotel and had a brilliant time.
The staff were exceedingly friendly and efficient and it seemed that nothing was too much trouble.
On arriving home, I realised that I had forgotten to clear the bathroom of my toiletries.
After a quick call to a lovely young lady, whose name escapes me, my toiletries had been found and I was told that they would be posted to me, free of charge.
I called on Sunday evening and the toiletries arrived at my house on Tuesday morning.
I feel that this is service well above that which one would normally expect, and I phoned the hotel this afternoon, to thank everyone.
I felt, though, that it needed to be mentioned in this review.
I am pretty certain that my sister and I will be back, and I just hope that it will not be too long before we can do that.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer

We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and hope that you enjoyed our great location in the prestigious Brindley Place. Surrounded by bars and restaurants, and close to all the great shopping and attractions that the city has to offer, we believe that we are extremely well situated for all guests and hope that you agree.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed in this hotel as part of a hen package. We had twin beds which were comfortable and the room was clean. The location of the hotel is fab as there are bars and restaurants just around the corner. The staff were very friendly and we took part in cocktail making put on by the hotel, this was very good! The staff were brilliant, plenty of cocktails to make, food was good and we had our own section. The bar is very overpriced. Breakfast was brilliant, staff were attentive. However, the shower was freezing cold!!! The hotel told us there was a maintenance issue however did nothing to resolve it. Everyone in the hotel was complaining about the water!!
However, hotel is a good location and staff were great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor. We always appreciate guest feedback in any form as it allows us to review the hotel and make any necessary changes to move the hotel forward in the right direction. Please accept my apologies regarding the hot water, there was a fault withthe boilers that morning that was rectified by British Gas shortly afterwards.

We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and our great location in the prestigious Brindley Place. Surrounded by bars and restaurants, and close to all the great shopping and attractions that the city has to offer, we believe that we are extremely well situated for all guests and hope that you agree.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I think that I have realised hard way that Hilton Hampton and Garden Inn are designed to compete with Travelodges and Premier Inns groups respectively (in my opinion).

The rooms were of reasonable size. The bathroom could have been better - cleaner and plusher. Air con could have been more efficient in terms of getting the desired temperature. The breakfast was good but the queue to get a table was huge and more could be done to sort that. The parking was in a public car park and not cheap - understandable considering it is the middle of the city.

The biggest issue we faced was the hot water. On waking up in the morning, there was no hot water and did not return until 1115. The check out time was 1200. I am sure that this was one off and not a regular thing. The reception was apologetic and on checking out, we reminded this and they waived the charge off. I hope that they offered this to all and not to only those customers who asked / complained.

I have come to the conclusion that Hilton Hamptons and Garden Inns are not for me if I am looking for standard Hilton service.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. Get to the breakfast queue sooner. After 9 am, you could aim for brunch on...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback which allows us to make any necessary changes to the hotel in order to move the business forward. Please rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously and shared with the team.

We hope that you had a safe journey and we do hope that you visit us again in the future as we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night in June and chose it for its location, the hotel is extremely close to Brindley place which makes it fantastic for a night out. The parking is round the corner at Qparks and costs about £12 with a ticket from the hotel.

The room itself was clean and quite large, but was very warm. The room had aircon but it is set by the hotel and can only be adjusted a few degrees either way, which did make it a bit uncomfortable. This really was my only complaint.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan G

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor which we have shared with the team. Guest feedback is extremely important to us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay on this occasion.

We believe that our location is one of the best, further enhanced with our 2 terrace areas which are the perfect venue for enjoying a drink in the glorious sunshine. Combine that with the fabulous cocktail menu that is available and it’s the perfect way to unwind after a busy day in the city.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Me and my partner stayed in the hotel for 1 night on a Saturday. The staff were very welcoming and at your service. The rooms were very clean and spacious - all rooms equipped. The rooms over looked Brindley place, the rooms were very sound proof so we got a goodnight sleep - the bed was very comfortable:). We were booked in breakfast and there was a variety to choose from. Parking was around the corner from the hotel and you were discounted to £12 for the overnight stay. Overall an a very nice hotel based in a nice location of Birmingham.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple