“Worth staying”

Ranked #23 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
cornwall
“Worth staying”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

ad a great weekend deal on lastminute.com and was pleased on arrival. Great location. Ideal for exploring Birmingham city by day and night as close to shops, bars, restaurants etc. Room very clean, comfortable bed and fab shower. Only thing you have to watch is parking. The hotel offers a secure underground car park at £12.50 for 24 hrs, but there is a gravel car park a stones throw from hotel at £8 for 24hrs or you can park on road in certain bays for free after 6pm and on Sundays.

• Stayed August 2014
Nicola U, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel. At Hilton Garden Inn we aim to exceed guest expectations so we are really pleased that you had an enjoyable experience.

Next time you stay with us you should treat yourself to one of our signature cocktails that we offer in Brindley Lounge, or have a tasty bite to eat in our contemporary City Café restaurant.

Nicola Underhill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
The Midlands
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The stay was just average - room was nice, but nothing outstanding. I stayed for a 2 night stay - very handy for Broad Street.

For the price I paid, a no frills budget hotel would be have been better value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Nicola U, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback which allows us to make any necessary changes to the hotel in order to move the business forward. We do take customer service very seriously at the hotel and are therefore disappointed to learn that we did not exceed your expectations whilst you were here. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me direct at nicola.underhill@hilton.com

stratford upon avon
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I selected this hotel for myself and my friends as a great place to stay for my Hen Weekend. Unfortunately, due to their terrible website, the booking went through for the same day of my booking rather than the chosen date. I was made aware of this after a rather terse email from their reservations team telling me I would be charged the full rate for a no-show. I called them the moment I received this email and after speaking to their call centre, got told 'tough'. I then was transferred to the hotel and explained the problem, again 'tough'. Essentially, because the computer said I had confirmed the booking, I would be charged for two rooms no matter what. I am not actually stupid, and know that I selected the correct date. On the third time of being transferred and explaining yet again, I was still told no - I will be charged. Is there no such thing as human goodwill, or customer service anymore!!!!!!!!!! Fair enough I understand that people should be penalized for taking up a room, but clearly this is an error. I will ensure I tell everyone I know about the uncompromising and ruthless nature of this hotel. The staff were completely unsympathetic to this mistake and I now have no money to book somewhere else for my hen weekend. A disgrace.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer

I am really sorry that you are unhappy with swrvice provided by the hotel team on this occasion. During the time of your booking you would have received a confirmation email which would have highlighted the incorrect date and had we been contacted up to 2pm on the day of arrival, we would have been more than happy to amend the reservation for you at no extra charge. However as we were only informed after the date we were not given the opportunity to resell the bedroom and therefore charges apply as per the terms and condition of the booking.

If you would like to discuss this with me futher however, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at nicola.underhill@hilton.com

Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed at Hilton Garden for 2 nights. Comfortable room, television doubled up as Apple computer. Breakfast was good, although toaster rather slow & old.
Very convenient for restaurants & canal. Not far from city centre. Had a problem on Saturday night with couple in nearby room arguing at 3am! Rang reception, sent up security but noise continued, reported this when we checked out on Sunday morning. Receptionist very apologetic & gave us refund for 1 nights stay, which was much appreciated.

Room Tip: All rooms have potential for noise, as lots of hen & stag parties in this area
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucya1912
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor. We always appreciate guest feedback in any form as it allows us to review the hotel and make any necessary changes to move the hotel forward in the right direction.

We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and our great location in the prestigious Brindley Place. Surrounded by bars and restaurants, and close to all the great shopping and attractions that the city has to offer, we believe that we are extremely well situated for all guests and hope that you agree.

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I constantly travel for work and am in hotels 3-4 nights a week clocking up over 150 room nights last year. I have stayed in this hotel a number of times.

As per my previous reviews, this is my hotel of choice and despite having their computers down I was able to check in to my usual room.

If you are staying in the Broad Street area of Birmingham, I would stay here. Its just far enough out of the busy are to be nice and quiet but a 5 minute walk to the hussle and bussle of the main areas of canal and broad street..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor which we have shared with the team. Guest feedback is extremely important to us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay on this occasion.

We believe that our location is one of the best, further enhanced with our 2 terrace areas which are the perfect venue for enjoying a drink in the glorious sunshine. Combine that with the fabulous cocktail menu that is available and it’s the perfect way to unwind after a busy day in the city.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Great location, car park next door (£16 for 24hrs) if booking at the weekend ensure you click on the weekend special. We got breakfast, a paper, water etc for the same price that our friends paid as they didn't see it.

Brindley place is lovely!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback which I will share with the rest of the team today. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and hope that you were able to take advantage of some of our great facilities while you were here such as the Apple iMacs in all the bedrooms, our complimentary wifi and our 24 hour pantry service.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is a fairly modern hotel so everything is in good order. The rooms are nice and the Mac instead of a TV is a differentiator which is a bit love/hate. As you can imagine everything was in good, working order.

The gym is fairly small but is open 24 hours, which is always a bonus for those of us working stupid hours.

Didn't eat here but had a beer in the bar and the selection was good if somewhat pricey, as are most hotel bars.

All in all would definitely consider this for my next visit to Brum. Location is really good too.

Room Tip: Would recommend a higher floor to reduce the noise from late night revellers walking past outside.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business