“NEVER AGAIN”

Ranked #50 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Jersey, United Kingdom
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The room was fine, if a little basic, but in good condition and clean. For a budget hotel, it was spacious.

However, reception was TERRIBLE. I arrived an hour early for a 3 p.m. check-in. They had nowhere to leave luggage until I could check in, but offered to bend the rules by letting me leave it in the lobby, not even behind the reception desk, at my own risk! Not being a complete idiot, I declined and had to drag my luggage around town while I shopped for toiletries (don't expect more than a small bar of soap in your room here).

Then they have a time limit of 1 hour when they loan you a hair dryer. There isn't one in each room. Needing to leave early on my check-out day, I was forced to go to reception before showering and ask for one then: they flat refused to lend it to me the previous night. Why didn't I just telephone them for one in the morning? There isn't even a telephone in the room.

I'm surprised there was even a bed, given their attitude.

Room Tip: Best rooms are in another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dale B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

stayed here for 1 night on the 11 th november. paid just 23 pounds for double room. very clean, basic room and lovely, friendly staff. only problem we had was that there is a lot of noise from the main street because of all the pubs and clubs. would definitly stay here again but would request a room on higher floor. had a large cooked breakfast at wetherspoons a few doors down for less than a fiver each which was excellent.

Room Tip: request quieter room or take ear plugs
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Abingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Ideal location for my intended business meeting in Central Birmingham. Large room, freshly painted, comfortably furnished with en-suite, located on the 5th.floor.
No noise, away from the street and adjacent to a Wetherspoons, what more could you want?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Titus84
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Having read quite a number of negative reviews about this hotel, I felt I had to add a positive one to sing its praises. I have just returned from a one night stay there and neither myself or my boyfriend encountered any problems.

We were given a bedroom on the 3rd floor, which was lovely and clean, bright and the type of suitably basic room that I would expect and be looking for, for a one-night stay.

The lift to our floor did take a little while to arrive, but this was not a major inconvenience and it was just as easy for us to take the stairs. The member of staff checking people in was friendly and polite, check-in itself went very smoothly and there were no problems with the booking.

We were in Birmingham to see Jimmy Carr at the Symphony Hall, which was less than 5 minutes walk from the Hotel, as were several pubs, bars and eateries for us to choose from. We also walked down to the Bullring whilst we were there which only took approximately 20 minutes or so and was easy to find.

The room was not especially noisy, there was some noise from the street but considering how relatively close we were, this was not at an unreasonable level. People did come and go and various times but again this was to be expected and was not to the point that it was disruptive.

Altogether, we had a very pleasant stay and would no doubt stay again if we were ever in the area - for the prices you pay, this hotel is extremely reasonable and the ideal location for a short stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JG10101986
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have stayed here on several occasions whilst meeting friends in Birmingham. The rooms are clean, just as you would expect for a travelodge.

The only downside to this hotel is the lifts are out of service more times than they are in service, I was on the 8th floor, with one lift in action you could wait in excess of 5 minutes for it to be free & empty.

Room Tip: I would advise any light sleepers to request a room towards the top of the hotel and at the back, th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
dudley
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night on a sunday.

nice size room, clean. Didnt get much sleep due to noise in the street could hear everything even though on 3rd floor. Noise in hotel people coming and going etc.

Wouldn't stop again would go else where.

• Stayed October 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Amazing location and brilliant price! We returned home two days ago after a nights stay at Birmingham Central Travelodge and have already booked to return again in November! Room was very clean and freshly painted. DO NOT be put off by reviews. We requested two rooms on the front of the hotel, and weren't bothered about the noise issue as we were the ones making it! So close to bars and clubs which is great as you haven't got far to stagger back! Best Birthday I have had in a long time!!

Room Tip: Fifth floor!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank carlybaker94
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Travelodge Birmingham Castle Bro...
#1 of 1 in Castle Bromwich
Novotel Birmingham Centre
#40 of 117 in Birmingham
Ladywood
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace

Been to Travelodge Birmingham Central? Share your experiences!