“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Jurys Inn Birmingham
Ranked #22 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Just stayed for one night but found hotel very clean. Staff pleasant and helpful and food very good. Breakfast was self-service bit there was everything on offer. Would certainly stay there again. WiFi was a bit on the dear side - £5 per hour or £10 per day but did not bother me as was only staying overnight. Room very comfortable, everything on hand.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Finnish first
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed here for one night in May 2013 on the 10th floor which offered some good views of the city.

It was booked for me by HR and was a great central location perfect for business and enjoying the nightlife with the canal and a number of restaurants/pubs nearby.

Check-in was quick and efficient and more staff were brought out to help bring down the queue. Key cards are required to activate the lights/electrics in the room.

The room was clean and comfortable with 2 double beds which gives you room to spread out. It had a shaving socket, iron and ironing board.

Two negatives (1) is that I also echo some of the other reviews on noise. I was a few rooms down from what I assume was the service lift but could still hear it rattling up and down. The first time I heard it I thought it was a plane passing overhead. I could also hear those in the room next door. (2) They do charge a free for internet use - £5 per hour or £10 for 24 hours.

Breakfast was a self service buffet with a good enough choice available and plenty of seats when I went at peak time.

Overall a decent centrally located choice at a reasonable price. If staying again I would request a room high up and away from the lifts. However, you may also want to check out the Hilton Garden Inn at Brindley place. Given the choice I'd stay there.

Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Good all round. Room was clean and quiet - I was on the 7th floor. Temperature was just right and the bed was comfortable. You are close to the NIA and city centre and its about a 15 minute walk from New Street station. Bathroom was fine with clean and fresh towels and the shower worked well with good pressure an temperature control. I thought that there was a good selection of hot and cold food for breakfast and check-in and check-out was quick and smooth. I would use this hotel again if I was in the area.

Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I was nervous arriving at Jurys Inn Birmingham after reading some of the reviews on here, but thankfully we had no problems whatsoever. We were met by Anthony who couldnt have been more helpful. Our large room on the 12th floor was spotless and had a lovely view of the canal. There are 4 lifts and we never had to wait more than 1 minute for one. OK its a noisy street at the weekend, but if you dont like it ask for a high up room, we didnt hear a sound. There was great choice for breakfast. I'd highly recommend staying here and we will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

First time here and wasnt dissapointed. Rooms were spotless and location was good. Only downside was the noisy lifts. Although we were on the end of a corridor next to the lift shaft so this was understandable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift shaft at ends of corridor.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Everywhere you go in Birmingham, you're informed, with great pride, that Birmingham is 'the' second city. Please can someone tell the Jury's Inn Hotel - I've just stayed there for two nights and frankly, the standards at the hotel are, as the accompanying rating indicates, poor. I waited (along with a growing queue) 20 mins to check in and then travelled to the tenth floor only to find out that the card granting me access to my hotel room didn't work! So, I repeated the whole laboured exercise, another ten minutes! No apology was offered; in fact, I was treated as an utter inconvenience. I'm fairly broad-minded, but even I find dark hairs (lots of them and presumably those of the previous guest/s) on the bathroom floor as nothing short of disgusting! Everything in the room worked but the whole experience is depressingly soul-less. Breakfast is ok. Overall, however, I simply cannot and would not recommend Jury's Inn; I have a message for the good people of Birmingham: please get Jury's Inn to pull their socks up! The hotel is a complete blot of what otherwise is a very impressive landscape!

Room Tip: With 16 floors, try to get a hotel on a lower floor unless you like to spend a great deal of your sp...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
JurysBirminghamMgmt, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear AnonSept2012,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with us on your recent stay.

I can assure you that I will be investigating the entire matter as it appears that we have not lived up to our normal standards in many respects and I am very dissappointed to learn that this was the case.
I have already passed your comments onto our Department heads who are rolling out refresher training with their respective teams on customer care and attention to detail.
I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you in regards to your experience and be able to assure you that this is not at all typical of the service that we provide to our guests here. If you would like to, which I do hope you will, please contact me direct at the hotel on 0121606900 or by email anthony_barrett@jurysinns.com

Thank you again for writing your review and please take assurances that I am taking this matter very seriously to ensure that our usual standards are being upheld and provided going forward.

Kindest regards
Anthony

Anthony Barrett
Deputy General Manager
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

stayed here on flying visits and based on that I'd trust the brand anywhere in the country.
The rooms are spacious clean with everything you need in the price bracket.
The lobby/ restaraunt bar area again is large and well serviced....
Only gripe is there is no room service you have to go down and get your meal, which considering it has 20+ floors is a real pain....
So I recommend a stay just eat and drink before you return for the night....

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Shu1000,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review of your stay with us. I am delighted to see that you had a great stay.
I will certainly take on board your comments and also pass these on about your thoughts on offering room service in the hotel so that we could consider this in the future.

Hopefully we will see you back in Birmingham soon!

Kindest regards