“Pleasant enough experience”

Jurys Inn Birmingham
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a conference and I have no complaints. My room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was adequate. Check-in was straightforward.

There is an additional charge for Internet.

One time my key card didn't work so I had to go back down to Reception but the issue was handled efficiently.

No complaints.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor and was not disturbed at night. Try to avoid rooms next to the lift as they...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,198)

Reviewed 20 June 2013

A group of us stayed here for 3 nights and it was above our expectations.
After reading the reviews here I asked for a high floor room and got a room on the 16th and last floor.
The bedroom was large, modern with a king size bed (I was alone in the room), hair dryer, iron, tv etc.
The housekeeping staff greeted me all the time and were very polite.

The reception could have a small queue but within a minute or two that settles itself.

The hotel has 4 very fast lifts so there is no waiting for a lift to and from the rooms.

The hotel is VERY well located. It is on Broad street just a few minutes walk to atractions, many restaurants and bars, the symphony hall and so on.

Breakfast was great. Very helpful waiting staff. Lots of choice and variety of food.

The only three negs I can mention are:
- no fridge in the room,
- wi-fi is not free (these days it should already be for free),
- the shower presure was not powerful

These somewhat minor negs did not deprive from an enjoyable stay at this hotel and if ever again in Birmingham I will stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Lovely stay. Reception had a small queue but another receptionist helped to check us in quicker. 4 lifts to floors so no waiting around.

Bedroom was modern and spotless with air conditioning, hair dryer, iron, tv. Housekeeping staff greeted us and were polite.

The hotels location was what originally inticed me. In broad street 5mins walk to brindley place restaurants galore and the symphony hall where we were going to see a concert. And also 5 minutes from the cineworld where we went the next day.

Breakfast was great. Polite helpful waiting staff. Lots of choice.

Very happy with our stay!

• Stayed: June 2013
Niall M, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear hannelorepop

Thank you for your fantastic review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kindest regards

Niall Mitchell
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Booked with national holidays. Super king bed, new and modern. Asked for hotel away from lift shaft and noisy broad st. See other reviews. I got an ultra quiet 9th floor room. Super quietwith lovely gilchrist & soame toiletries. Food in hotel was excellent. The irish named duty manager couldn't do enough for us

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I fully agree with a lot of the other reviewers who have complaints about this hotel.

Please note - This hotel is located on a road full of nightclubs and bars. There are lots of groups of people on a night out outside making a lot of noise, girls in skimpy dresses types, etc..

-We asked for a high room floor as we wanted a quiet room. What a joke. We could still hear the noise from the clubs outside. A lot of ppl returning from a night out woke us up at 3,4 AND 5am, shouting, laughing and running up the corridors. This seems to have been the experience for other reviewers too.

-The room was quite cold, there was a draft on the floor. The max temperature was 24 degrees on the thermostat but this was still not warm when I felt the air coming out the duct. I had to use more blankets. This seems to have happened to other reviewers too.

The only redeeming factor was that the staff on reception and in the restaurant were friendly and helpful.

Overall, I felt quite out of place in this hotel as someone who was not there for a night out. I would only recommend this hotel if that is what you are intending to do but definitely not otherwise.

I was disappointed to see these issues come up again and again and the response from management a few months back saying that these issues would be investigated and any necessary action would be taken but nothing has obviously been done about the cold rooms or the noise.

Poor - I will not be returning any time soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Booked it for 50 odd quid (without breakfast) and was expecting much less. The hotel is situated on Broad Street with all the bars/clubs/various restaurants around. A very welcoming reception with a modern design and a nice bar and seating area as well. The room was very big indeed. I did not expect that at all. King size bed, plenty of room all around, modern design. The bathroom was of a good size as well. Only thing that stops me from giving it 5* in relation to value for money is that you have to pay for wi-fi (in this day and age this should be done away with) and the shower wasn't very powerful. But these are minor gripes for a very good hotel. Don't park in the hotel car park however as it costs £14 for 24 hours. Instead, put your sat nav to Tennant street, which lies directly behind Broad street and there are various car parks including a multi storey Euro Car parks where it costs just £6.40 for 24 hours parking.

Room Tip: Don't park in their car park however as it costs £14 for 24 hours. Instead, put your sat nav to...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed here for three nights on business. Upon arrival there was a problem with my booking and I had to book in just for one night, returning the following morning to extend my stay. This was not a good start. The room, however, was fine - reasonably spacious with two large and very comfortable double beds. All the usual facilities are included (tea and coffee, iron, TV etc). WiFi is robust but expensive. The room was clean, had a good size bathroom and was well-maintained. Air conditioning is reasonably efficient but it's not possible to open a window. I had a view of a car park. Breakfast is self service and there is a very good choice of food. There was just one night when noise from other rooms was particularly noticeable and disturbing. Surprised to be challenged on the main door to get back into the hotel one night (approx 11.30pm) and had to give my room number and name. Overall, a sound hotel that has the basics right.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business