“Customer Services at another level! 5 Stars !”

Jurys Inn Birmingham
Ranked #20 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Derby, United Kingdom
“Customer Services at another level! 5 Stars !”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Having just completed a stay with 2 other travelers over the weekend, I wanted to congratulate the Jurys on yet another outstanding stay. The hotel was full and at capacity this weekend, but nothing was too much trouble for the check in team on Saturday when we arrived. We checked in with Tim Samson - who has won several customer services awards and has recently been promoted (well deserved Tim!) to room 1526. The hotel has 16 floors and the higher up you go, the quieter it is. I asked for a quiet room for 3 and was suitably satisfied with what we got. Good size, clean modern room with all the amenities that you could hope for. The hotel has recently been re furbished, so all the public areas as well as the rooms are currently at a good level quality.

The hotel is well located on Broad Street near to the NIA and new Birmingham Library, it can get a little rowdy and rough outside past mid-night but that is to be expected, so one of its best traits can also be its worst after a certain hour on the clock ! Good hotel car park, which is good value for money and a great view from our room !

Thank you to Step, Tim and all at the Jurys. Great stay, nothing was too much trouble and I really appreciate the break away with you guys ! Well done !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Finnish first
Bourne End, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Most hotels in Birmingham were booked and Jurys was cheaper than most but you have to pay to park, to use the internet (no WiFI) and breakfast was extra.

Because of check in delays (?) we were told that we were being upgraded to a larger room with a bigger bed. Sounded good except that the room was the furthest from the Guest Lifts and RIGHT BY the Service Lift which was were noisy.

Avoid room 30 on each floor unless you are planning on reading all night!

Room Tip: try to get a room starting with 1 or 2 (ie 11 , 23 etc)
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank robert h
Melissa S, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear Robert H,

Thank you for your review following on from your stay with us at Jurys Inn Birmingham. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay due to lift noise.

We have recently completed alot of work on lifts and the noise levels have reduced.

I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this with you further, If you would like to discuss this further please contact me directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Melissa

melissa_shan@jurysinns.com
Tamworth
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stopped here on Friday 6th December to go to my annual works party. Booked a few months ago so only paid £47 which was great value especially as we were upgraded FOC at check in. View from 16th Floor was amazing and Joe on reception was vey helpful. Didn't use the breakfast facilities etc but would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for 16th Floor, end room would have been just spectacular I think.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

£139 for a twin room with breakfast is enough to pay and I had booked this room for a special occasion and did expect more especially having just stayed at a Hilton hotel which had so many extras for the £68 (no breakfast), no biscuits, choice of teas, dressing gowns or nice toiletries at Jury Inn! The location was great and as we were on the 11th floor we didn't hear street noise but there were strange noises during the night, almost if the room was sighing, most odd, perhaps it was a distant lift? I did find that I was cold especially the bathroom, definitely lacking a heated towel rail. There were instructions on operating the air con and heating but they didn't make sense to me and yes, I should have rung reception and asked for help but it was late and I was cold and tired at the end of a long day. I did mention this when I checked out and although I just commented when asked how my stay had been I found the receptionists response to be extremely satisfactory, couldn't fault the customer service at that point and that meant a lot to me. I am sorry I din't get her name so I could praise her here.
I found the tea and coffee tray rather mean with just 4 tea bags and 4 tiny milk pots. It was clean but basic, just like a Premier Inn but with a smaller room so despite being city centre I didn't feel it was good value. Comfy beds with a 'pillow menu'.
The car park was rather tired and the stair well from the roof top unpleasant. I found the stairs down - and back up - with luggage hard work. Check in was very busy on our arrival with the queue going back out the door. The staff worked as hard as they could and when it was our turn they were efficient and friendly enough. There are steps up to the reception desks but at the bottom of the steps there was an accessible desk and you could ring for service.
Breakfast was very busy but good value with cereals, fruits, breads, cheese, jam, juices, tea and coffee and a good selection of hot food. You could have as much as you like and things were being replenished frequently. The breakfast 'front of house' girl was very pleasant and smiley and explained where everything was and how the system worked. So good points certainly but just not, for me, best value for money...and my last gripe - if Motorway service stations and McDonalds and the like can offer free WiFi what on earth is a national business class hotel chain doing charging £5 and hour/ £10 for 24 hours for the internet? Makes me wild!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have stay at this hotel on a number of occasions and have found it to be pretty good however on this occasion my experience was terrible my room was flithy! stains on the bed sheets which i thought to be seamen! my bathroom skin had a massive crack in it which caused leaking. and to top it all of the lift was so loud it kept me up all night.

Room Tip: don't go there
Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Niall M, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Blaine B

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel in Birmingham.

I am extremely disappointed that you had such an unpleasant stay with us and encountered such issues. I am aware of the possible noise disturbance caused by our lifts although we have recently completed major noise reduction works. Cleanliness and hygiene is something that we pride ourselves on and strive to keep high standards throughout all of our rooms.

I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this in person with you.

If you would like to do so, please contact me directly and i will make arrangements to give you a call.

Kindest regards

Niall Mitchell
Deputy General Manager
niall_mitchell@jurysinns.com
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed here for 1 day as I had a business meeting first thing in the morning I got the hotel for under £70 as I had booked it on the day. The hotel is centrally located on Broad Street close to lots of decent restaurants. Check in was quick all the staff I encountered were more than helpful, the room a standard double was small but had everything that was needed and despite it being on a busy road my request for a higher floor room was received so I had a wonderful nights sleep. I did'nt use the restaurant as I went out to eat, however if you are looking for a cheap hotel in a central location this is perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed here 30th November for one night, we were very surprised by the standard of this very busy city centre hotel, the staff we found to be brilliant, our room was on the 4th floor with two double beds,everywhere was clean and tidy with views over city centre, only fault was being too close to the service lift, very noisy late at night and early in the morning, but we would still return to this lovely hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple