Jurys Inn Birmingham
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
4,571 results
All reviewsbroad streettwo double bedsbarclaycard arenacar parksymphony halllovely hotelbars and restaurantsbrindley placenight lifecentral locationexcellent locationwould stay againgood sizeclean hotelbusiness tripself servicesaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We had a room on the 12th floor. Were given a choice of which floor. As Christmas parties were on we chose to be away from the noise. Great seating area in the lounge/ reception. Friendly staff. Pricy drinks at the bar. Room very pleasant clean and modern decor. Double room has 2 double beds. Breakfast had a good variety. Overall can't really complain.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel overnight prior to an all-day work training session.
Last stayed here in about 2005 – the hotel hasn’t changed much apart from the décor on the Upper Ground Floor and looked like the bedrooms had been refurbished.
Check-in was fine apart from being allocated right at the front overlooking Broad St so immediately asked to change it (why don’t they allocate rooms starting on each floor with the quietest area?).
Room was clean, roomy and standard size with plenty of room.
Although I didn’t use it the cost to use the internet I thought was extortionate – surely these days it should be free and perhaps be part of the room rate.
As I was on a company allowance I used the restaurant to eat – this was the biggest let down.
Choice was limited and expensive although food was ok it was a lot to pay for what one got.
Not surprisingly it wasn’t very busy. Staff were generally helpful and pleasant.
Breakfast was the usual self service and choice was ok and efficient.
Overall the hotel was ok but compared to a new Premier Inn I stayed at in another West Midlands town a few weeks ago I’d go for the Premier Inn any time as one got much more value from the restaurant and the room was about of the same comfort level (indeed the spare bed for a family converted into a sofa) – but of course I recognise that Premier Inns do vary. Jury’s Inn was fine for one night but any longer I’d compare with others in the area

Room Tip: Have dinner elsewhere - theres plenty of choice in the area
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here to go to the christmas market and shopping, the location was perfect. We had a high up room so had a lovely view of the city lights. The room itself was very modern and stylish and clean. It was also great value for money, I think a little over £50 a night. We didn't have breakfast but there are so many breakfast options within walking distance that were better value. The staff were really lovely and we didn't have any queues for check in or check out (or any problems waiting for lifts, which other people have commented on). I would stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We had room 1424, it was high up with a great view and a lovely room. There was a slight rumble every so often which I now realise was the lift, but it wasn't enough to disturb us.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here Saturday 14th Dec, had previously stayed here many moons ago so had a good idea what the hotel was like. On arrival was greeted by a queue of approx. 30 people awaiting check in, so much so that the queue stretched to the entrance door. After about 20 minutes waiting was finally checked in, reception did apologise and offered upgrade to king size room and offered a choice of floor, chose the highest available which was on the 16th floor. Room very spacious and to a good standard. Great view and very quiet, naturally been so high up. Only had room only so cannot comment on any food/drink standards.
Would recommend staying here as its a great location.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013

After queuing up for a long time to check in, unfortunately our group booking meant all our members were allocated either a room 01, or room 30 on various floors.

Those in rooms 30 were kept awake by the very loud noise from the service lift shaft and those in rooms 01 were kept awake by the guest lift and the nearby bar / nightclub which had loud music and glass breaking noises into the early morning.

However I found the staff to be extremely pleasant. At breakfast, recognising that I was suffering from a very sore throat the attendant offered to get me a hot water with honey and lemon, without even being asked! Very kind and thoughtful and above and beyond the normal standard of service at a self serve buffet breakfast.

Shame we were given such poorly located rooms.

Room Tip: Ensure you are not given a room number 01 or 30 on any floor as the lift is sure to keep you awake
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Melissa S, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear bemsyT,

Thank you for completing a review following on from your stay with us.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay due to the rooms you were allocated. We are aware of a recent issue with our lifts and the noise disturbance and can assure you we have recently had work carried out to reduce the noise.

I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this with you, If you would like to discuss this further please let me know a suitable time to contact you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards