“Great hotel, great city!”

Jurys Inn Birmingham
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Couldn't fault my stay at this hotel. Rooms comfortable and clean. Lovely breakfast. Excellent location to explore the many attractions that Birmingham has to offer. The hotel and the city of Birmingham are well worth a visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
Melissa S, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Hi fuengi,

Thank you for recently completing a review following on from your say.

I am thrilled that enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our bedrooms clean and comfortable.

I hope to see you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Melissa

Write a ReviewReviews (4,205)

Reviewed 1 January 2014

carpark fee hidden charge,noisy lifts at night,front of hotel entrance is filthy,rooms are very nice,polite staff.we booked this hotel for the new years eve\day 2014 and overall had a good experience but it was not worth £101 a night for two,would we go there again yes if the price is right.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

I think we paid around £60 between 3 of us for a family room for one night.

Easy to find via car, clean,spacious,modern and lovely pleasant staff.

Breakfast in the morning was also a plus with cooked breakfasts available, cereal, fruits etc all Buffett style

If we are ever back in Birmingham we would stay here without a doubt even if the room was at a higher rate

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I was sceptical when I first saw the hotel as from the outside it doesn't look like somewhere one would choose to stay. The car park was grey and low, and the cold weather made everything look dull and grey. However, my hopes were replenished when we entered the lobby and got our keys. It gave the impression of being a clean, sophisticated establishment from the lobby, and the rooms didn't contradict this impression. I was with my family, having pre-booked it and the staff were very apologetic that they couldn't get me a room on the same floor as the rest of us. I had a room on the 14th floor with an enormous bed, a television, a clean, well-equipped bathroom and a lovely tray of teas and coffees.
The room itself was huge. Not only that, but it was clean as well. The staff were friendly and although my family complained of drunk guests being loud in the corridors, I had nothing to complain about concerning the noise levels.
The breakfast in the morning was better than I expected, with a choice of cooked food, fruit salad, cereal, yoghurts and a superb selection of teas.
It was a fantastic stay (if only one night) and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Abeejoy
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This hotel was a pleasure to stay at and I will definately be staying again when I next visit Birmingham. It's modern, spotlessly clean and the rooms are very spacious with a huge bed that was extremely comfortable! Great location too and the hotel staff are extremely customer focussed, which is refreshing. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: High floor facing the canal
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi TraceyH,

Thank you for your lovely comments you have made following on from your stay with us at Jurys Inn Birmingham. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your stay with us was very comfortable.

I will pass on your kind words to our team.

Hope to see you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Melissa

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Used this hotel on many occasions. Mainly when away with the girls but this time it was with my partner and another couple. The mens first visit and they was as pleased with the place as we was. The only problem with the room we was in was it seemed to be near some kind of generator so wasnt as quiet as usual. The male receptionist that booked us in was courteous and helpful, knew how to smile and be friendly. Was glad it was him as the female one seemed to be having a bad day.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

One night stay here as I was going to NIA to see Joe Bonamassa (legendary blues guitarist). Lovely hotel, very welcoming and efficient staff, room was spacious, clean and comfortable with the usualy facilities. My room was on one of the higher floors so no noise from the bars, etc on Broad Street. It wasn't intil I was walking back from the gig (10 mins max) that I realised how busy the area was. Breakfast was self service and good variety. I did think the cooked breakfast was a bit bland tasting. Would try this hotel again though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo