“Ideal location”

Ranked #24 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
worcester
“Ideal location”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as my husband and I had a meeting to attend in the hotel the following day. It also happened to coincide with our anniversary.
Looked for deals online first then rang the hotel who matched the deal. We had a superior room with breakfast for £69.
It's ideally situated for Brindley place but as it was a cold very wet night we had a few drinks in the bar before venturing out.
The rooms were clean and modern and I asked for a high floor so we could overlook the city. This was accommodated as we had a room on the 14/16 floor.
Breakfast was ok, plenty of choice for hot/cold etc. but the plates for the hot breakfast were freezing.
During the day we had lunch in the bar which after initially struggling to get served by someone it arrived quickly and was really nicely done

I would stay here again as parking and location was good, and the hotel is well maintained.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Finnish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 January 2014

this is my second time to stay here, and like before it was a very pleasant experience. friendly polite staff and comfortable clean rooms at a reasonable price, and situated in the lively Broad Street area.

Room Tip: ask for a room as high up as possible so the noise from street level wont be a problem, and save mon...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham
Reviewed 9 January 2014

the quality of rooms differ but all are of a high standard. I have stayed on the 4th and 6th floor and personally found the king room to be the best and worth paying a little extra.

Special room rates are available on lastminute.com and we stayed in a king suite for £64 per night exceptional value for money.

Room Tip: aim for a king/ superior room you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Got a room after a mad night out due to being drunk they took advantage charged my card a exceptional £142 for the few hours i stayed there to sleep off the drink

Room was very clean fresh although very cold and the temperature dial didnt work

I would stay there again however for a much less price
Its overpriced and the reception was a moody so and so bit stuck up

• Stayed September 2013
Melissa S, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Thejoker68

thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Birmingham.

All of our rates are based upon availability, therefore they can vary from time to time.
I am pleased to read that you would like to stay here again.

If you would like to discuss your review with me in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me on Jim_Vanhoecke@jurysinns.com.

Meanwhile, i look forward to welcoming you again soon at Jurys Inn Birmingham.

Kind regards,

Jim Van Hoecke
C&B Manager
Dudley, West Midlands
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner decided to stay here in January as we were attending the 'Thriller Live' show at the ICC (5 min walk from hotel) we got a brilliant deal with the hotel and only paid £41 for the night (Thanks to my bargain hunting). Firstly the location was brilliant for the city centre, right in the middle of broad street. When we arrived we parked on the hotel multi-storey which is located to the back of the hotel (£14 for 24 hour stay). Checking in was pretty strait forward and the lady on reception was pleasant, I asked if we could have a high room to avoid any noise off the street and to get a good view but the highest we could get was 9th floor, this was fine but would advise if you want a nice view to go higher. Our room was average I would say, not the ritz but not a hostel. It wasn't the biggest of rooms and didn't really have much of a view but it Had all you could want: double bed, shower, bath, Tv, hair dryer, tea/coffee etc. We had a lovely nights sleep but we did notice noise in night - not from the busy street below but from the lifts! They're quite noisy for a hotel but it didn't affect our sleep as we're quite heavy sleepers. Breakfast was a lovely buffet with all you could wish for - Bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, tomatoes, hash brown, fruit, crossiants, toasts, cheese, even black pudding! Just what you need after a night on the alcohol! Would stay again and recommend but don't think I would pay anymore than £50!

• Stayed January 2014
Crewe, Cheshire
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Went to Jurys Inn over Xmas / New Year. Very nice stay only problem was the electronic key to the room kept failing and I had to keep going back to reception, and when you are on the 9th floor this was annoying!
Sunday was very busy at breakfast but monday was veryquiet!
A nice hotel would stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, England
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Booked the room about 2 hours before I arrived, and got a great deal on a certain website that has "secret hotels".

When I arrived, I was dismayed to see steps up to reception, but with a bit of help from Kaja, I was able to check in.

Arrived too early at The Grill, so was advised that the bar was doing food too, so I stood at the bar, where the woman who was serving, stopped speaking to the man at the bar, and promptly walked off. Never to be seen again. After several minutes of standing there like a plank, I went to a restaurant outside, which is didn't particularly want to do in the rain.

Next evening, I went down to The Grill again, this time at a later time, and Mathew and (S)teven (he needs a new badge lol) couldn't have been more helpful. Due to allergies, they enquired with Chef as to what was suitable, and it was narrowed down to 3 meals. The gammon steak was delicious and the hand cut homemade chips were to die for!

The room was small, but big enough for me. Accessible bathroom, complete with bath board to sit on and hand rails in various positions over the bath and shower. Was able to get more milk from reception for my milky coffees, didn't get the mans name, but he had no problem in leaving his desk so I didn't have to lug my walker up the steps! I could occasionally hear the lifts whizzing up and down and the faint bass beat from the clubs out on Broad Street, but nothing to get wound up about.

There's only one thing I would change, and that is to get an automatic door fitted at the entrance, for disabled people as It's quite difficult to open if you're alone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo