“Last minute booking for a bargain”

Jurys Inn Birmingham
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed In the jury's in for a night and it was great, went into booking . Com left out car and had drinks so needed a room. The room was super clean room extra large and stunning view and the bed was to die for x id stay here again in a heartbeat ... Thanks for the 16th floor view

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Birmingham

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed at the Jurys Inn on business yesterday. The hotel was booked centrally by my company so I had no choice. I was dreading it as I had stayed here many years ago and the place was a right dump then, boy was I in for a shock. Upon arrival the reception staff quickly served the long queue of tired people. The reception was modern, clean and very welcoming. The staff on reception were great and exceptionally attentive. I was allocated a room on the 16th floor and was waiting to get into my room and find some problems. I can honestly say the room was immaculate in presentation and cleanliness. It was modern and was a fantastic surprise. The TV worked, the bed was comfortable, I had clean towels, the bathroom was clean and bright, tea and coffee facilities and the room smelled fresh. Well done to all the team at the Jurys Inn Birmingham. I have to honestly say I am exceptionally impressed and on future trips to Birmingham I will be staying in your establishment without question.

Room Tip: 16th Floor was great
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank akp247
Melissa S, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear akp247

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Birmingham.

I was really happy to read your fantastic feedback.
It is a pleasure for us all to realise that all the hard word behind the screens is delivering results and that our guests are happy.

Thanks again and i look forward to welcoming you again soon at Jurys Inn Birmingham.

Kind regards

Jim Van Hoecke
C&B Manager

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here as my husband and I had a meeting to attend in the hotel the following day. It also happened to coincide with our anniversary.
Looked for deals online first then rang the hotel who matched the deal. We had a superior room with breakfast for £69.
It's ideally situated for Brindley place but as it was a cold very wet night we had a few drinks in the bar before venturing out.
The rooms were clean and modern and I asked for a high floor so we could overlook the city. This was accommodated as we had a room on the 14/16 floor.
Breakfast was ok, plenty of choice for hot/cold etc. but the plates for the hot breakfast were freezing.
During the day we had lunch in the bar which after initially struggling to get served by someone it arrived quickly and was really nicely done

I would stay here again as parking and location was good, and the hotel is well maintained.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2014

this is my second time to stay here, and like before it was a very pleasant experience. friendly polite staff and comfortable clean rooms at a reasonable price, and situated in the lively Broad Street area.

Room Tip: ask for a room as high up as possible so the noise from street level wont be a problem, and save mon...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

the quality of rooms differ but all are of a high standard. I have stayed on the 4th and 6th floor and personally found the king room to be the best and worth paying a little extra.

Special room rates are available on lastminute.com and we stayed in a king suite for £64 per night exceptional value for money.

Room Tip: aim for a king/ superior room you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Got a room after a mad night out due to being drunk they took advantage charged my card a exceptional £142 for the few hours i stayed there to sleep off the drink

Room was very clean fresh although very cold and the temperature dial didnt work

I would stay there again however for a much less price
Its overpriced and the reception was a moody so and so bit stuck up

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Thejoker68

thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Birmingham.

All of our rates are based upon availability, therefore they can vary from time to time.
I am pleased to read that you would like to stay here again.

If you would like to discuss your review with me in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me on Jim_Vanhoecke@jurysinns.com.

Meanwhile, i look forward to welcoming you again soon at Jurys Inn Birmingham.

Kind regards,

Jim Van Hoecke
C&B Manager

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner decided to stay here in January as we were attending the 'Thriller Live' show at the ICC (5 min walk from hotel) we got a brilliant deal with the hotel and only paid £41 for the night (Thanks to my bargain hunting). Firstly the location was brilliant for the city centre, right in the middle of broad street. When we arrived we parked on the hotel multi-storey which is located to the back of the hotel (£14 for 24 hour stay). Checking in was pretty strait forward and the lady on reception was pleasant, I asked if we could have a high room to avoid any noise off the street and to get a good view but the highest we could get was 9th floor, this was fine but would advise if you want a nice view to go higher. Our room was average I would say, not the ritz but not a hostel. It wasn't the biggest of rooms and didn't really have much of a view but it Had all you could want: double bed, shower, bath, Tv, hair dryer, tea/coffee etc. We had a lovely nights sleep but we did notice noise in night - not from the busy street below but from the lifts! They're quite noisy for a hotel but it didn't affect our sleep as we're quite heavy sleepers. Breakfast was a lovely buffet with all you could wish for - Bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, tomatoes, hash brown, fruit, crossiants, toasts, cheese, even black pudding! Just what you need after a night on the alcohol! Would stay again and recommend but don't think I would pay anymore than £50!

• Stayed: January 2014