“Central location, value for money, satisfied customer”

Jurys Inn Birmingham
Ranked #21 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Located in the middle of Broad Street next to bars, restaurants and clubs.
Hotel is clean, modern and staff are friendly.
Breakfast was very adequate, with plenty choice. There is a Costa coffee in the hotel which is very handy.
Joseph Lees was exceptionally helpful to us. I have a walking stick and he got us a room next to lift.
Would be happy to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request anything specific you need staff will try to accommodate.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,330)

Reviewed 28 January 2014

In a prime location on Birmingham's busy Broad Street with plenty of parking options, this large hotel is popular with business travellers in the week and party goers and tourists at weekends.

Large rooms furnished to a high standard, and pleasant public areas make this hotel an attractive place to stay.

Did not have breakfast on this visit but on previous stays they have been good.

Overall, a recommended hotel, you should be happy if you stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Melissa S, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Hi travelbaggies,

Thank you for recently completing a review following on from your stay with us at Jurys Inn Birmingham. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our hotel location and surroundings.

I will pass your lovely comments onto our team.

Hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

Melissa

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend when there was a horrible disturbance during the night - the fire alarm went off at just past 6am! I had originally thought to complain when I believed it was a test but the saving grace was the young (Australian?) lad at reception, he explained what had happened and that it turned out to just be a drunk guest who had taken his frivolities a step too far and ruined the night's sleep for many on our floor and the ones surrounding it, he had obviously had to deal with a few floors of sleepless guests but he was more than apologetic and offered to run our parking through free of charge, which was a saving grace as I'd neglected to actually check the car parking charges the night before!

The hotel itself is all that you'd expect from a three star establishment on Birmingham's nightlife hotspot, rooms are spacious with all necessary amenities and beds are very comfortable. Though the one thing that sets this hotel apart from others is the reception staff, like the young lad, they were all smiles and happy to listen to my concerns and even have a polite chat. It's this kind of staff that make a hotel stay much more personal and enjoyable.

1  Thank Andrew F
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed recently to attend a training day for work. I found check-in to be prompt and the lady checking me in was very pleasant. The lifts are very loud and I can only imagine the noise in the adjacent bedrooms. I was a lot further down so wasn't bothered by the noise. I had been worried about how much noise I would get with the hotel being in such a busy location, but I needn't have worried because my room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop!

The bed for me was very comfortable. I'm the type of person that will be awake most of the night in a strange bed normally, but I only woke up once during the night which is a great sign of just how relaxed I am in a strange environment.

I have to mention the shower... It was excellent. High powered and hot, which can be hit or miss with a lot of hotels.

Breakfast was the usual affair and it was quiet at 6.45am but I can see why there may be issues later in when the restaurant got busy.

Overall I found my stay to be extremely comfortable and I would definitely use this hotel again if I come down to Birmingham. Maybe next time I may get to enjoy some of the delights of broad Street too!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Rooms were clean and bright, Staff very helpfull, food in the Jury was very good plenty of choice. Very close to town, shows and where to eat. over all our trip was very good.
The Jury came with 5 star and will stay there again when we return to Birmingham.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Keep your fingers crossed before checking in, I had no wait at all but my colleagues waited 45mins to check in, likewise breakfast can be very busy but I go down for 0630 and it is a dream. The rooms are well kept and clean, busy part of Birmingham and right opposite some wonderful restaurants, great location, great hotel whether on business or pleasure.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights whilst visiting the NEC great base point and location with a bit of night life if needed! Room was spacious and comfy as previous visits. Nice breakfast in the morning which set us up for the day. Staff very pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business