“OK STAY BIT EXPENSIVE FOR A 3 STAR”

Jurys Inn Birmingham
Ranked #21 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“OK STAY BIT EXPENSIVE FOR A 3 STAR”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I had some family staying with me so booked a couple of rooms last minute, paid £90 per room for one night which I found to be expensive considering it was a 3 star hotel and I believe its been renovated and havinf been here previously for a workshop in one of the conference rooms I can say the hotel does look really plush!

Check in was the only downfall waited about half hour and there was only one receptionist on duty dealing with some actor of Doctors, she didnt even offer an apology for the waiting time, and it seemed odd there was only person on duty at the 2pm check in time.

Food isnt the beat and I think over priced, theres lots of pubs where you can have food plus. Sainsburys down the road .

Rooms are nice.

Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Finnish first
Keflavik, Iceland
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our stay at Jurys Inn was lovely. The staff was very friendly, especially the doorman who stood watch on all the nights we stayed there. The rooms were nice overall.
Our group had one dinner gathering at the hotel and that was a big let-down. The food was overcooked and unpleasant and the service was a big mess where we reiceived the sides when people were halfway through their meals and condiments when it was all over.
If I go back to Birmingham I'd probably revisit Jurys Inn, especially for the fantastic club across the street, but I'll definately eat somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kintbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here for one night with my 9 year old daughter while we were on a 'girls trip' to see Dancing on Ice. Having read previous reviews, I asked for a room on a high floor, and we were given a family room on the 14th floor. The room was a very good size, with two large double beds. It was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and it was quiet.

Next morning the breakfast was also very good with plenty of choice.

Check out is at noon, so it makes for a relaxing start to the day.

There is on site parking, which cost us £14 for 24 hours, which in reality is what I would expect to pay for something so central and convenient.

This Hotel is very good value for money, and I would certainly use it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor to avoid any noise from Broad Street.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Melissa S, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear KCO2011,

Thank you for recently completing a review following on from your stay with us at Jurys Inn Birmingham. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and will make sure that I pass your kind comments on to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Melissa
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed overnight here and found the reception staff very helpful and efficient. The bedroom was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The choice at breakfast was very good but they were very busy. We would recommend this hotel as it is within walking distance of the NIA which is why we chose this hotel. It is also close to Sealife, the International Conference Centre and the canal network. There is also a big area with various eating establishments nearby.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor and it was very quiet even though there were stag and hen parties there
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

From the moment we checked in the friendliness off the staff stood out.

The rooms are modern and spacious, food good but it's the staff who need to be commended.

We stayed on Easter Sunday and witnessed the bar staff putting up with a lot of abuse from a big party of revellers and they were professional throughout. It was not nice to witness but they need commending.

• Stayed April 2014
Melissa S, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Hi qualitygirls,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay with us at Jurys Inn Birmingham. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass your nice comments on to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards

Melissa
Southport
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at the Jurys Inn while attending a conference at the ICC just a few minutes walk from the hotel, so superbly located. The hotel was well decorated - contemporary and comfortable in creams and dark brown/burgundy. The room was excellent and ideal for a short stay (3 nights) although a few more hangers would have been handy (but then, they never do provide enough do they?). Great selection of freeview channels in the room and a really comfortable easy chair. They had the same chairs in the lounge and bar areas - I wanted to squeeze one in my suitcase!

Breakfast is buffet style, hot and just the ticket with a good selection of fruits and cereals also.

For your evening entertainment the hotel couldn't be better placed with dozens of bars and restaurants literally on your doorstep. Alternatively cross the road and weave back from the main high street and there is a lovely plaza area with lots more eateries to choose from as you approach the canal. Walking up the side of the canal is a must, head to the Mailbox for even more restaurants looking out over the water with their fairy lights twinkling.

Only downside was the car park which was full when we arrived and we had to park on the street and be down before 8am to move it in the morning ... but only a minor annoyance.

Would definitely choose Jury's Inn if I have to come to Birmingham again and, to be honest .... we might even pop back for a couple of nights for a leisure break.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Checked in, all ok, basic and clean room. We had some time to spare so went out of the hotel. Upon our return, out on the street, a guy with a clip board asked our names as we approached the doors. I explained we were already checked in and bone fide customers/residents---he was not happy unless we gave our names. Suffice it to say, I passed him & upon reaching the lift ( we were on the 16th floor ) my husband caught up with me and said " They're checking everyone because there are travellers about " ) I realised at that moment how poor Jurys was---we showered and changed & left the hotel to see the show we'd waited 6 months to see. Upon our return to the hotel, soaking wet from the rain, we had to give our names AGAIN----OUT ON THE STREET !!!!!!! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL !!!!! And apparently, it's all to do with the travellers......I have stayed in better Hostels than this and been treated with respect. Have sent a complaint to Jurys ( doubt anyone with any clout will read it ) NEVER AGAIN !!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa S, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Francine W,

Thank you for completing a review on your stay with us at Jurys Inn Birmingham. Following on from our telephone call I hope that you are satisfied with the reason why we have security at the front of our hotel. As discussed we always have security on site and due to it being a Bank Holiday weekend the hotel was very busy. The safety of our guests and employees is extremely important to us and this is why we have these procedures in place.

Should you wish to discuss this further with me please contact me on the below details.

Kind Regards