“good value central hotel”

Jurys Inn Birmingham
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here for 1 night last Monday and found it to be centrally located with plenty of bars and restaurants around the immediate vicinity. The check in was quick and trouble free and we were allocated a room on the 10th floor. The room contained 2 double maybe 3/4 size beds and had enough space around the beds not to feel cramped. There was the usual tea and coffee making facilities,free wi fi and flat screen tv. The bathroom was modern and clean as was the rest of the room. The addition of an iron and ironing board was a plus as these are not often ptovided in other hotels. A hairdrier was also provided. From the bedroom I could see the canal and this prompted me to research the area taking a stroll around the area. The canal is within a 3 minute walk and there were lots of nice pubs and restaurants along the waterway. The slug and lettuce was offering a 50% off meals on monday so I took up the offer as the prices of the meals in the hotel were a bit on the expensive side. Having said that the food for breakfast was plentiful and had a good variety of food which was of a good standard. The checkout was swift and trouble free. All in all a good value,decent quality hotel in a central location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ericcoatesuk
There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Birmingham

Reviewed 19 July 2014

As per the title, got the room by calling reservations directly, spoke to an amazing guy...Alex I think his name was, so helpful. Very last minute but the value was astounding. Parking a little pricey but not a big deal, very central and the reception team was great..wish I could remember the names of the lady and gay guy who helped me...they were brilliant.
Room was very clean with all the expected amenities, couldn't ask for more.
Central location easy for heading out for a night on the town.
Will be returning again for sure!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Melissa S, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Hi Gas_85_13,

Thank you for your lovely review following on from your stay with us. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and will I share your comments with our team.

Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best Regards

Melissa

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night with friends after visiting the Symphony Hall for a show. I must admit it was quite tricky to find our way onto Broad Street through the one way system, but we found our way to the basement car park and booked into the hotel with no trouble at all.
The reception is on the upper ground floor and the car park is the lower ground floor, so you have to take the lift up to reception.
The reception area is very vibrant and is light and airy with modern décor and a nice atmosphere. After being checked in by a pleasant and helpful young man, we made our way to the lifts, as we were on the 16th floor. There are four lifts to the right of the reception and you press one button and see which of the lifts appear first. It took no time at all to travel to the 16th floor and we found our rooms easily.
We were given two card keys, one which goes in the slot in the room to work the electricity and air conditioning,, just like when you are abroad, and the other for you to keep with you.
The bedrooms are a reasonable size with nice décor and they were spotlessly clean. There is just hanging space rather than a proper wardrobe and there is the usual iron and ironing board, as I assume the hotel is used mainly by business people. There are two windows that do not open, as you are on the highest floor and this is where the air conditioning comes in and was quite effective.
The bathroom had a low bath with a good shower over the bath and was nice and clean. The toiletries are dispensed from bottles on the side of the sink and on the wall by the bath, rather than the complimentary individual bottles you get at some hotels.
We did not eat at the hotel in the evening as we were at the show so cannot comment on the food, although we had been to the hotel once before and enjoyed a nice Sunday Roast on that particular occasion.
We came back to the bar in the hotel after the show for a drink and found the drinks very pricey, but that is what you would expect at this type of hotel. The room was very quiet with no outside noise and no disturbance from other guests which is always a bonus.
We had breakfast the next morning which was the usual fayre but was OK. I would imagine it could get very uncomfortable at busy times as everything seemed a little cramped and things seemed to be all over the place rather than together.
We checked out with no bother but I find paying over £14 for overnight parking rather steep, but it is just one of those things you have to put up with.
We did enjoy our stay and will probably return when we visit another show some time.

Room Tip: Higher floor will be less noisy I would assume.
1  Thank Sammie134
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I don't like cities or corporate hotels usually, but this is a good one. I had a lovely room on the 15th floor, with a great view of the nearest canal; and it was only 2 or 3 minutes walk lots of good eateries.
I'm not keen on lifts, but obviously couldn't walk the stairs to that level!
It took rather a long time to check in, as some others have said.
Breakfasts were plentiful and tasty, the only down side being hot water for teas rather than boiling!
I ate once in the bar - good food but very crowded and noisy atmosphere, so many people around the bar that it took a long time to get near enough to order food.
I would use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't have a room on the street side.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Really nice hotel. Well up to the standard of most top-end chain hotels. I got a good deal on price for two nights and had a spacious and clean room which came with an iron and ironing board as well as the usual tea/coffee and hairdryer etc. I was in town for the museums, markets and a little nightlife and everything is just where you need it, i.e. well within easy walking distance. The food in the hotel restaurant is excellent, reasonably priced and the bar/restaurant atmosphere is far less fraught than those just outside. I can particularly recommend the beef burgers at the hotel. Delicious! Only one grouch and that is the lifts are a bit noisy. I was at the opposite end of the corridor from the lifts and I could hear them going up and down during the night. Not good for light sleepers. Overall though, a great weekend was made better by a good hotel.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the lifts as possible
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed two days, we had two rooms in 15th floor, both clean and very comfortable. Lifts were very quick even at its busiest times. Would certainly recommend staying here for access to the city centre. Great hotel, friendly staff, good selection at breakfast, car parking on site is a big bonus. will certainly be going back

Room Tip: High floors a quieter and give you a great view over the city
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve390
Melissa S, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Hi Steve390,

Thank you for recently taking the time to complete a review.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your kind comments on to our team.

Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Melissa

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Had a very comfortable and affordable night here with my hubby.

The rooms are clean and well maintained and the breakfast was good value.

It's the perfect location for Birmingham pub crawls and the Indian Restaurant next to the lobby is awesome.

Service was excellent.