Jurys Inn Birmingham
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
4,584 results
All reviewsbroad streettwo double bedsbarclaycard arenacar parksymphony halllovely hotelbars and restaurantsbrindley placenight lifecentral locationexcellent locationwould stay againgood sizeclean hotelbusiness tripself servicesaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Unfortunately our stay was ruined by noise, both from other guests and from a loud noise coming into our room all night.

The hotel, when we arrived, struck us as great, it is very well presented and our room was spacious and clean.

However, any good impressions were dispelled when we tried to sleep.

The hotel is in a busy part of town, with lots of clubs bars and restaurants in the vicinity. We stayed on a Saturday night and the atmosphere in the streets was festive, or in other words quite rowdy with large groups of drunks living it up. This sort of spilled into the hotel, the bar was noisy in a drunken way and some people had to be asked to leave.

We had a noisy group in the room next to ours - it started at 3am and went through till six am, with people shouting, screaming, both in the room and outside in the corridor. Awful.

But on top of that - and this is where the hotel is at fault - all night long, every couple of minutes, a loud metallic grating noise groaned through the air conditioning vents and kept us awake. I believe it may have something to do with the lifts going up and down all night and making a weird noise. I spoke to another guest, he had only managed an hour's sleep he said, he too had the same disturbance and said each time it it sounded like the Titanic going down.

So, Unfortunately, it was a bad experience and I would not want to repeat it ... I have stayed in many hotels and this was the worst night's sleep I have had (or rather haven't had) anywhere.

If you do need to stay here, take earplugs, for both the groaning lifts and rowdy guests.

I have given the room a 'poor' rating, not because of its presentation - that would warrant 'excellent' - but because of the bloody racket.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank daveclarke555
Niall M, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear daveclarke555

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

May I please ask you to accept my most sincere apologies for the lack of sleep and noise disturbance that you encountered during your stay with us.

It is so disappointing that your sleep was disturbed during the night, I can assure you that i have had an engineer complete a full check on our lifts and the issue that caused the noise that night is now rectified.

My apologies again for this unfortunate situation and if you would like to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards

Niall Mitchell
Deputy General Manager
niall_mitchell@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel has a classy looking reception area and the speed and comfort of the lifts are as good as anywhere that I have stayed, which is handy when the room is on the 14th floor. The room was basic and quiet. No real toiletries provided and precious little room to store anything. Breakfasts are a serve yourself affair, which extends to getting your own cutlery. The hotel is well placed for the canal area near to Broad Street, and the Bullring is a ten minute walk away. I would recommend the hotel for anyone who wants a reasonably cheap no frills weekend away in Birmingham.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

A very large hotel located very close to where weekend revellers hang out. Our room was a good size and the whole hotel was in good condition . Breakfast was very busy on Sunday but the staff coped admirably . Breakfast choice was excellent with plenty of fresh fruit and cooked items which were constantly replaced. Taxi rank right outside as well as a sainsbury local are extra positives .

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed here for the past week.
Overall it was great, the only downsides I would say is that because of the location, and its only double glazed on the side of the hotel I was staying you could hear music from local clubs.
And because my room was near the lifts I could hear the lifts going up and down when I was in the room.

The only other thing was there is no toilet "flap"(??) on the toilet, so if you've had a curry, expect the bathroom to smell of it, if you know what I mean.

Apart from that definitely would recommend, the cleaners do an excellent job, the breakfast is good, the rooms are fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, away from the music and the lifts.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We booked this hotel fairly last minute and were pleasantly surprised. Staff were friendly rooms were immaculate and although they didn't have the room available that we booked we were given a complimentary late check out and a bottle of bubbly for our inconvenience although the room they have us was what we considered an upgrade. All in all fantastic customer service! Well done guys!

• Stayed: July 2014