Booked using my Groupon voucher, and arranged to meet a friend at the hotel for dinner. Room was small and fairly basic, but adequate, especially as I was staying there alone. Nice having free on site car parking. My friend had pointed out that it wasnt in the best of areas, and she was right. Have to say I'd assumed (silly me) from the photo that the hotel was more central. We ate in the hotel at night - the meal was OK, nothing great but ok. However around 4am I awoke with serious stomach pains and had to spend the next 4 hours in the loo with the runs. It can only have been the meal in the hotel as I hadnt eaten anything else. Around 8am I felt able to attempt to sleep for an hour before heading over to Leicester to work. However my room (26) was opposite the hotel laundry, and seemed to be a congregating area for staff - who were far from considerate of the fact there could be guests sleeping in (especially as the Groupon voucher offered late checkout of 4pm). There was no chance of my grabbing a small amount of sleep before leaving for work. At checkout I asked for a complaints form to report my food poisoning, and was told by the lady that she was the manager. She gave me a business card and told me to email the details to her, which I did immediately on getting into work. 2 days passed and I hadnt received a reply, so I emailed again. I have still not received a reply 8 days later. I have even emailed their head office, but again not even the courtesy of an acknowledgement. If it hadnt been for the food poisoning I would have thought this was a reasonable break through the Groupon offer, but when a hotel ignore a customer being made ill by their food, that is a very poor tale indeed. I will certainly never return to a Campanile hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated at the heart of England, and ideally located for exploring the attractions of central England. The hotel's got 111 bedrooms, 1 restaurant, one bar lounge and 5 meeting rooms. All the bedrooms are equipped with a high quality Simmons bedding for a great night's sleep, TV with freeview channels, free wifi, free car park, bathroom with shower bath and hair dryer. The whole team of Campanile Birmingham is looking forward to welcoming you ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Campanile Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Campanile Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Campanile Hotel