“Great value for money”

Campanile Birmingham
Ranked #100 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Had a one night stay here whilst visiting Birmingham in December, found the hotel to be very good, check in was seamless and we were in our rooms within 5mins. Sleep quality was good, no road noise, and the bedding was quite comfortable. Good size bathroom, however there was no ability to lock it so be careful. Power points were few and far between. Car park was of good size and availability of space was good as was the fact the gates were locked during the night for added security. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Raj V
There are newer reviews for Campanile Birmingham

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night whilst visiting the Christmas Markets and knew it was cheap. But to me there is cheap and there is cheap and nasty. And this was cheap and not so good. Our double room on the ground floor had no spare socket point for the both of us to charge our phones, the t.v. wasn't even plugged in, the kettle was old, dirty and hardly worked, and there wasn't a hook for either of our towels. They wanted to charge us £8 for breakfast! However it was close to the centre of Birmingham and there were some nice pubs nearby and we found a great cafe for breakfast, see one of my other reviews.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
ManagerBirmingham, General Manager at Campanile Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

I acknowledge receipt of your comment, following your recent stay with us.

First of all, please accept my apologise regarding what`s happened.

We are very concerned about the quality of all our services, and it is only through the constructive comments of our guests that we are able to maintain, and where necessary, improve our standarts for your benefits.

We hope you will keep the trust to Campanile Hotel and we look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Check-in is advertised as 2pm. We arrived at 2.30pm to be told our rooms weren't quite ready but it would not be long. We eventually got into our room at 4.20pm... we got a round of drinks for our trouble, but this still delayed us and made us late for the plans we had made.

Rooms seemed to only have one plug socket, near the front door - not useful for people that want to charge their phones overnight by the bed!

The shower rail seems to be designed to only allow especially short people to shower comfortably.

TV seemed to only allow you to watch one channel...

Plus points - free wifi and parking, handy location not too far from city centre, breakfast wasn't bad though a bit pricey.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

I acknowledge receipt of your comment, following your recent stay with us.

First of all, please accept my apologise regarding what`s happened and the incovenience caused regarding the late check in.

We will make sure in the futur than it will be not happen again.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night as we were watching nitro circus at the NIA, easy 10 minute drive. I payed £64 for two adults, one night, continental breakfast and cadbury world tickets. Yes only £64! Rooms were compact but clean, powerful shower, good television, nice tea tray provided, easy check in, free parking and wifi was a plus. Hotel staff were helpful, this hotel doesnt get enough credit, excellent value for money! Will stay again!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week and as a one off as I am a frequent visitor to Birmingham and we normally tend to stay in city centre hotels, the stay at the hotel was fine until I needed to get to the airport early hours of the morning, I ask the reception to call me a taxi which they did and when it arrived I was quite shocked as I had to take the luggage out and put it into the boot the driver did not even get out of the vehicle, one I got in the vehicle the car had a wrenching smell and the driver was utterly rude and disgusting and did not even know which way to go so I had to find the post code for him. At the end of the journey I was asked for £40.00 which was my fare I asked the driver that I normally pay £20.00 from any other hotel but was told that's the fare I did not have time to argue so I paid it. i subsequently phoned the hotel and spoke to a gentleman who said there was nothing much he could do apart from speak to the company..
As much as tried to explain that they were a supplier and different organisation I ultimately hold the hotel responsible as they are endorsing that supplier.
So if you are planning to stay there make sure you have a large wallet or pre arrange taxis beforehand unfortunately I do not know the name of the company

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I acknowledge receipt of your comment, following your recent stay with us.

First of all, i'm sorry to heard about your bad experience you had with the taxi driver for your depart. I called the company to let them know, to make sure it's not happen again. To let you know this company 's got no link at all with the premises.

However, i'm pleased you were satisfied with your stay in our hotel and his facilities.

We are very concerned about the quality of all our services, and it is only through the constructive comments of our guests that we are able to maintain, and where necessary, improve our standards for your benefits.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed here for one night. As you first walk in it looks just fine. Although it's in the middle of nowhere if you don't drive, and taxi's into the centre are £8 each way.

The room is soooo poorly designed. the bathroom door is so close to the bed that if you were a large person it would be difficult to get in.

The TV plug socket is 6 1/2 feet high over the TV and table ... I'm 5ft tall. A member of staff had to come and switch it on.
The socket for the kettle is tucked behind the TV.
There are no rails by the bath.

The shower head holder was broken, so the shower actually was at chest height ... and as I said I'm only 5ft.

It needed a deep clean, the splash back behind the toilet and sick had only been wiped ... it was dirty up to about 6 inches off the ground.

Because the shower holder was broken I could see that it hadn't been cleaned, probably since it was installed.

There was a toenail in the carpet.

There was a used cotton bud left in the bathroom

The breakfast .... typical of budget hotels, rubbery eggs and dried bacon.

The staff, largely, seemed really helpful (there's always one)

Oh and the sleeping ... I was next to a door in the corridor. at one point when I was sleeping someone opened it and I thought that someone was knocking on the door

The sheets were clean. :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Good hotel, but let down by a few points. The room was clean, but the design of where the bathroom door was & the position of the bed made it feel a bit closed in. And the wallpaper being similar to woodchip was awful. Very comfy bed though. Positioning of all the sockets was just bizarre, halfway up walls etc. & very impractical & not visually pleasing.
Breakfast was nice enough, although the menu stated a help yourself continental, or a couple of quid more for cooked, & made it sound as if it was also select yourself, but was just take what you're given - wasn't even asked my preference for the egg, which was stated on the menu. There was also no coffee available from the machine, & I didn't have time to ask the staff.
The staff were great though.

• Stayed: November 2013