Campanile Birmingham
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Prime Lodge(Birmingham)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooms are basicfull englishwould stay againcomfy bedhairdryerbrumbullring
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel overnight.
I was pleased with the overall stay, but found some issues which I need to bring up.
The room could do with a lick of paint in some areas, and also have the marked radiator replaced in the room. The lamp shades are also dated and need replaced, the shower head moved a lot pointing away from me when I was showering, causing a puddle on the bathroom floor due to the short shower curtain.
The TV, Lamp and Kettle could be an health and safety risk due to being next to the curtains.

I was very pleased to get Top floor in the hotel, and also a room overlooking the Canal, which is exactly what I had asked for.

On the whole, the room was clean and bed was comfortable, but could be improved more with the above changes.

I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Good Budget Hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

The food/bar/restaurant are good in this hotel. Although we missed out on breakfast as there were no staff members to take our order. The rest was shocking. I regularly stay in hotels on business and this is the worst for a long while.

Parking - I arrived just after 7pm and the only availability was on the road. The car park was full of Autoglass vans from the office over the road.

Corridors - painted grey and have motion sensitive lighting. Very slow to light and quite creepy in my opinion.

Room - disgusting. A white pebble dashed box that looked like a holiday camp room from 1950. Lampshade were cracked and discoloured. Lighting was dim. My mattress was broken. The desk was battered and not fit for anything. No plug sockets available for laptop etc unless the kettle was unplugged and relocated. Only one other plug in the room, next to the door. Neither were close to a mirror. The only mirror was on the back of the bathroom door.

Bathroom - even worse. Toilet seat was stained. Bath plug was surrounded by brown stains. Great water pressure, shame the shower curtain wasn't big enough to cover the length of the bath. The floor was saturated.

I will not consider this hotel in future.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LKQuedgeley
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Greeted by friendly reception staff.
Room basic, but clean and a decent size even with a double and full size single.
Beds comfy and good blackout from curtains.
Restaurant a little tired, but good choice of food on the menu at a reasonable price.
We opted for a cooked breakfast. There was plenty of choice if you choose the continental option.
All staff that we encountered were cheerful and happy to help.
Lift to rooms and meeting areas.
Free parking a real bonus.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Ive never stayed at a Campanile Hotel in the UK before, but had to travel at short notice to Birmingham last week, and this was the best value at just £49

I was quite happy with everything, to be honest, ive stayed in far worse places for much more money!
The room wasnt luxurious, but it had everything i needed, and was clean and tidy.

The attached bar/diner was decent value too, if a little soulless, but it also did the job.

The Campanile isnt somewhere I would choose to go for a holiday, or a romantic weekend, but for a quick business trip it fits the bill.

Room Tip: They are all the same i think
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed at the Campanile, had to pay a little extra for the dog to join us, a lot less than other hotels. The room was simple, nothing in there that wasn't needed but is was clean and the bed comfy. The staff were polite and friendly and the whole hotel seemed in reasonable repair for a budget hotel. Much better than others we have stayed at but far from luxurious. Fabulous shower. Not many plug sockets, you have to search them out to charge your phone but not problematic.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple