“Avoid at all cost. Expensive for what you are getting....” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Birmingham Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
Ranked #36 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
“Avoid at all cost. Expensive for what you are getting....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed recently in Travelodge Birmingham airport and had a very average experience specially considering their rate I booked which was £68 per night. Unfortunately all hotels near were fully booked due to NEC and other programs. Good things first: the room is tiny but adequate, cleaned and comfortable bed. Bad things: No toiletries given just a tiny hand soap which was not replaced 2nd day. Thankfully I had my own toiletries. No free parking (additional £7.5 per day), no breakfast (additional £7.65 per day) included in the room tariff and no wireless in the room. For £68 it shouldn’t be considered a budget especially considering last week I stayed in Arden and they charge £75 with free parking, free breakfast and free wireless. Also the paid breakfast was awful. No fry eggs no hash browns orange juice was just orange in colour but not in taste. No fruits. Avoid this so called budget hotel at all costs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
We are sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay NormanSattar. Although we do not provide toiletries in the rooms in line with our brand standard, customers have the option to purchase toiletries from vending machines at reception should they need to. Unfortunately we cannot provide free parking at all of our hotels; this car park is operated by NCP.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very basic but very clean / easy to check in & check
out. Travelodge is the Ryanair of the hotel business. Great value
- new rooms - new beds etc. Wouldn't like to be there on a holiday
but it's fit for purpose for work!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
South Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here before an early morning flight the day after and we were really pleased.
The staff on reception were lovely on arrival and the room was snug, clean and comfy. The bed was really comfy and I was told that it was because they are all new.
We enjoyed a pizza meal deal in the room (a stuffed crust pizza and two Coronas for £10) and had a good night's sleep before waking up to do some plane spotting before setting off to the airport.
Great value for an airport stay and I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very good value for money I booked early enough to get a huge discount Ideal location for airport
Very friendly staff Free teas and coffees and yogurt were a good plus Clean room Spaceous bathroom It was good for catching and early flight out of Birmingham International Airport and it saved the hassle of arriving too early and spending an uncomfortable night in an airport lounge

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here before an early flight and the experience was entirely positive. It has a very modern feel, very swift easy check in, super clean room. Nice bar area to relax in. Class above other travelodges I have stayed in and booked well in advance the price was very reasonable. There are a lot of road works round the airport at the moment so taxi fares approx £10 to the airport higher than usual due to diversions.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank H C
Barmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, was used as a base to visit family and tourist attractions.
Arrived into the area via Birmingham International rail station, the hotel has no shuttle service so caught the 900 bus service to the hotel - cost £2 each.
If there is more then 2 of you travelling ring a local cab - A2B Radio cars 0121 695 9807 charge £6, don't get a black cab your be looking at 3 times what A2B charges.
Excellent check in from staff all friendly and welcoming, before arriving I requested a 6th floor room at the rear of the hotel, hotel supplied what I requested.
Hotel appears to of been recently refurbished, my room was excellent, fresh and I had the view i was hoping for :-)
Room was cleaned and towels renewed daily.
Have booked to stay again in November, well done all staff at Travelodge Birmingham Airport.

Room Tip: Busy A road at front of hotel and airport run way at rear, take your pic! the views of watching the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank bermo1972
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on 19th August prior to an early morning flight, having booked a long way in advance we only paid £17 for the night. We arrived at Birmingham airport by train on the 19th and took a black cab from station around to the hotel £7.40. Check-in was super quick and efficient and we spent a few hours chilling in a very comfortable room. As a family of 2 adults and 2 kids ages 6 and 4 we we're in a family room and the extra beds had been made up ready for us which I have never known in any other travelodge so was a lovely touch. The room itself was spotlessly clean, including the bathroom, which was ample size for me to shower the kids in, 3 of us in the bathroom together. We we're on the ground floor but faing the runway which was quite fun. Since there are no meal alternatives within walking distance we had an evening meal in the restaurant, cost around £30 for the 4 of us including 2 alcoholic drinks. The food was tasty and adequate, I've eaten better but for what they offer it was fine and I would eat there again. The beds were extremely comfortable. As far as the hotel is concerned it gets 5* from me for value/cleanliness/comfort etc and wouldn't hesitate in staying here again.

I would beware of the taxi company advertised in reception for your transfer to the airport (A2B), there service was absolutely fine and was impressed that having rung them myself the evening before to book it, the driver rung me 5 mins early to say he was there, excellent. My reservation is the price, the poster in reception say £6 one way to airport. It ended up costing us £8, the journey was £7 on the meter but the further £1 for the driver to get out of the drop-off area. I don't begrudge paying that £1 at all but the poster in reception to me is mis-advertising. And at 0500 when your going to check-in for a flight I wasn't going to argue.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family