“Surprisingly very pleasant”

Travelodge Birmingham Airport
Ranked #26 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I've a show and a conference to attend at the NEC, budgets are tight and therefore opted for the cheapest I could find.

I was really pleased by my find.

Hotel was easy to find and an excellent road network to it. Parking was ok - I opted for the short stay next to the hotel. Both short and long stay were £7.50 for the time I was staying. If your staying longer go for the long stay.

I sadly had to que for around 15/20 minutes to check in as everyone else that was at the show turned up at the same time and I wanted a specific room (one with a runway view). I could have used one of the electronic check in desks otherwise.

Room was clean, tidy and travelodge presented. Ideal for me. I'm a larger than normal chap-the loo space was a little tight but not unacceptable.

Breakfast: lovely. No problems. The staff were professional and pleasant first thing in the morning!

Front desk staff - great and met all my needs.

I'll be back when I'm next up. Well worth it for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here as a stop over on our travels. our view from the window was that of the airport runway which was pretty cool. as long as you have the window shut you can't here the planes. the staff were friendly and the evening food was really nice.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We (family of 5) stayed mid July for two nights prior to flying out to Turkey from Birmingham Airport. The service was great, particularly outstanding from a young chap called Ryan, who went above and beyond to ensure that we had a pleasant stay.The rooms are fairly basic, but clean and modern, the only thing that I would recommend, is to take a hairdryer with you, as these are not provided. Other than that, there really wasn't anything else negative about this place.
Location is very close to the airport. We made the most of the location and visited Warwick Castle and Leamington Spa, which are both only about a thirty minute drive away.
Would definitely stay again, if flying from Birmingham in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NorfolkC
Reviewed 12 September 2013

we left our house in fine spirits looking forward to relaxing stay in the Travelodge so we would not have to rush for the flight in the morning.we thought that we would spend a little bit extra as we already had a tight budget. As i have stayed in many hotels and not had problems before i thought this would be nice for the family.we stayed at the travelodge airport hotel, Birmingham before going on holiday.we booked a family room for 2 adults and 2 children.the booking in was fine but that was about it.when entering the room the children beds were not made up,the Tv was not working and the attitude of the staff when asking them to make to bed up was,lets say short.after this problem was overcome we had booked an evening meal which we thought included free meal for the children.the staff inform us that only breakfast was free for the children.as we were going on holiday i thought just pay for the meals and sort it out after the holiday. i showed the print out of the vouchers to the staff showing children were having an evening meal for free and the reply was 'that's misleading information you were given'.
we then went to bed and waited for the next instalment.in the morning we had breakfast, the food was cold,which match the cold showers.
i know you get what you pay for but this was taking that point to the limits.
we also booked a night in the hotel (prior to the holiday)for when we got back so that we could relax and leave in the morning fresh.same thing - bed not made up,so we asked for the sheets and made them ourselves.in the morning talk about trying to get guests out of the hotel quick! having housekeeping knock on the door very early and before we had breakfast or a shower.
we have complained but as usual no reply.pity they weren't as quick as the housekeeping in the hotel. one good thing about the complaint is that they asked on the on-line form have you left comments on the trip adviser - well Travelodge here it is.

Room Tip: don't assume that all travelodges are of the same quality.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear rob s, we are sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at Travelodge. We do expect our staff to provide high levels of service at all times. Our dinner packages (main course, starter or dessert plus a drink for a set price) can be booked online and does not include a free meal for children. However children can eat for free from our breakfast buffet with a paying adult. We would like to take this opportunity to investigate the concerns that you have raised, please use the contact us button on our website to provide us with more information which will allow us to offer a resolution.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed recently in Travelodge Birmingham airport and had a very average experience specially considering their rate I booked which was £68 per night. Unfortunately all hotels near were fully booked due to NEC and other programs. Good things first: the room is tiny but adequate, cleaned and comfortable bed. Bad things: No toiletries given just a tiny hand soap which was not replaced 2nd day. Thankfully I had my own toiletries. No free parking (additional £7.5 per day), no breakfast (additional £7.65 per day) included in the room tariff and no wireless in the room. For £68 it shouldn’t be considered a budget especially considering last week I stayed in Arden and they charge £75 with free parking, free breakfast and free wireless. Also the paid breakfast was awful. No fry eggs no hash browns orange juice was just orange in colour but not in taste. No fruits. Avoid this so called budget hotel at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

We are sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay NormanSattar. Although we do not provide toiletries in the rooms in line with our brand standard, customers have the option to purchase toiletries from vending machines at reception should they need to. Unfortunately we cannot provide free parking at all of our hotels; this car park is operated by NCP.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

The hotel is very basic but very clean / easy to check in & check
out. Travelodge is the Ryanair of the hotel business. Great value
- new rooms - new beds etc. Wouldn't like to be there on a holiday
but it's fit for purpose for work!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here before an early morning flight the day after and we were really pleased.
The staff on reception were lovely on arrival and the room was snug, clean and comfy. The bed was really comfy and I was told that it was because they are all new.
We enjoyed a pizza meal deal in the room (a stuffed crust pizza and two Coronas for £10) and had a good night's sleep before waking up to do some plane spotting before setting off to the airport.
Great value for an airport stay and I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#25 of 118 in Birmingham
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Travelodge Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!