“If only all Travelodges were this good”

Travelodge Birmingham Airport
Ranked #42 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“If only all Travelodges were this good”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Absolutely great, very clean and comfortable.
Great breakfast and hotel staff were super friendly.
I definitely recommend this hotel, very convenient for the NEC, and Birmingham airport.
The only downside is the car park which charges £7.50 per night.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SeaStone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Isle Of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here as a convenient setting for overnight stops from the airport.

Reception staff were very friendly and helpful, but even more importantly the standard of the rooms and bed seemed better than usual at Travelodge, presumably as a result of the recent refurbishment others have reported on this site.

We noticed there are other hotels more conveniently located on the airport site (Novotel?), but likely to be more expensive (we booked well in advance) and the £6 discounted taxi rate to and from the Travelodge was not unreasonable.

One other bonus is that if you have a few hours to spare, there is a convenient bus stop nearby the hotel for travel into the heart of Birmingham City Centre at £2.10 pp. We spent an enjoyable afternoon and evening in Birmingham also therefore.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank manxseasider
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Refurbed rooms are excellent. Booked 4 months ago. 3 of us stayed for 3 nights. If you need a clean room and a comfy bed and don't want to break the bank this is unbeatable. Have used 3 different Travelodges in the area nad this is the best.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed here for two nights while attending a conference at the NEC, it's a Travelodge and I wasn't really expecting anything great based on previous experiences in other Travelodges.
I arrived after a very long day at work and almost a 4 hour drive and was greated by Beckie - who was a lovely, polite, helpful and appeared genuinely interested in making sure I was settled and sorted.

The room was ok - nothing wild or exciting but clean (apart from the very long black hair in the bathtub), annoyingly there is nowhere beside the bed to plug in any essentials - all the sockets are on the opposite wall, there is also no bedside cabinet again really annoying - I don't want to have to balance things in the 3! gap above the bed. The bathroom had no toiletries apart from a sliver of really awful smelling soap - fortunately I always take my own and also no draws or shelves for storage or a hairdryer.

I did use the restaurant area and to be honest it was average - nothing to get excited about but what was really infuriating is that if you are booked with the meal deal there is not a healthy option on the menu to have it's all fried, calorie laden stuff.

The wifi in the rooms is a heck of a price and being tired I did not want to sit down in the reception/bar to use the free wifi - that really needs sorting.

I was very surprised to find that despite being right next to the airport I heard 1 plane in the two days I was there.

Cleaning standards are average and I was shocked that the half glass of wine that was in my room from my first night was still there on my second.

Over all - the staff I had dealings with were helpful and professional, the hotel was clean and it allowed me to prepare for very long days at the NEC.

I will probably use the hotel again next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Didcot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I spent a pleasant afternoon in the bar cafe working with a colleague before catching a flight from Birmingham airport. Staff were friendly and welcoming and the free wi-fi made life very easy. I will be back - thank-you.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
South Wales
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and what a difference to last year. The staff have a new leader and she leads from the front. Last year I could not wait to get out of the place, this year I never wanted to go home. The room was excellent value for money with the bed and duvet just to nice to want to get up.
The food in the restaurant is pretty basic nothing out of the ordinary but what I had was served hot and everything was clean. The staff made enquires as to if all was okay but at no time were they intrusive, they are very well drilled.

I never had the breakfast as the booking system on-line is rubbish and when you complain to customer service instead of putting right what is wrong they tell you how to beat the system, very poor management at head office.

If you are looking for a hotel in the Birmingham Airport Area then this is the one for you, clean, close, friendly, helpful and excellent value for money. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Isle Of Wight
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have stayed at this Travelodge many times before with no issues. However this time we had a problem due to animals. THe Travelodge is close to the NEC and it was the weekend of Crufts. This meant that there were a large number of dogs at the Travelodge. I was not aware that animals were allowed in the rooms but apparently for £20 you can keep two animals in the room. My wife is allergic to cats and dogs, and when we were in our allocated room my wife started to show symptoms of an animal having been in the room. On looking round the room it was obvious that the room had not been cleaned properly (animal hairs on carpet and an earing on the floor by the bed). We approached the desk who were very helpful in finding an alternative but couldn't promise that we wouldn't have the same problem as there were numerous animals scattered throughout the hotel. However we didn't. People should be aware of this policy by Travelodge. In my opinion there should be a limited number of rooms that animals are allowed. People should be able to stay in a room that has been pet free. Beware and ask at reception (not sure they can give you an answer though)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Service at Travelodge Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your review IrishWizard. We can confirm that we do provide the option for our guests to allow their domestic pets in a room, this does come at a £20.00 charge and this covers the cost for a deep clean so we are truly sorry to learn that the room you were allocated was not thoroughly cleaned to a great standard prior to your arrival. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution so please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#23 of 117 in Birmingham
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC

Been to Travelodge Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!