This hotel was once a favouite of mine but it has considerably gone down in my estimations. These are the main problems with my stay
-Room 146 was MILES from reception, underground, with an awful view. It was like the back of beyond getting to and from the room and was not pleasant.
-I booked a twin room for the night, but when I got to my room it was a double, and we had to go all the way back to reception to clarify we would be needing a twin.
-Next to our room there were clearly a group of kids or people who knew each other who were slamming their doors all night long.
- We used the pool and when we were in the jacuzzi, unsupervised children ran in with armbands and floats and were splashing all around the jacuzzi. The hotel should send people down to check this. The pool/bedroom towel situation is also poorly managed.
-We had a 'mild' Lamb Rogan Josh for dinner which was so spicy it was inedible. The manager handled this poorly and even though we couldn't eat it as it was disgustingly hot, no money was even taken off the bill even though the plates still had plenty of food on them
-Breakfast is revolting in the restaurant. Like a cattle ranch and it is very rough, it didn't have a nice Holiday Inn feeling, it was chavvy and horrible
-The flight back charges the most ridiculous prices! Really shocking for the quality of the disgusting food. We had a panini for £12 and it was soggy and had cheap cheese and a smidgen of tuna in. Really disgusting and pathetic for the price.
This hotel has really lost its appeal. We had a HORRIBLE stay and will never be returning.
-Further to this, £8.50 for the car park should be included, pathetic pricing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport Hotel is located just minutes from Jct 6 of the M42, & is only 1.5 mile from Birmingham International Airport & Birmingham International Train Station with easy access to the revitalized Birmingham city centre.The hotel enjoys close proximity (1.5 mile) to National Exhibition Centre (NEC).Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport is a contemporary upscale hotel which offers modern bedrooms with High Speed Internet Access,and Wifi in public areas and conference rooms. The hotel offers a wide range of conference and meeting facilities that can accommodate up to 170 people.With a wide range of food experiences, light modern dishes from The Flight Bar and a fine dining experience in The Grill Room Restaurant created by award winning Chef 'Marcus Renzi'. Alternativley treat yourself to our In Room Dining available 24 hrs a day.Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport offers Airport Parking both onsite and offsite at very competitive rates. Either flying for business or leisure, you can benefit from our Park and Go packages which include one night's accommodation and car parking for up to 15 days with airport transfers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Holiday Inn