“Lovely Stay”

Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport
Ranked #56 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We found all the staff really helpful and friendly especially Bart and Connor. Will defiantly stay again. Rooms were good, food was very good, kitchen staff very polite, swimming pool and facilities very clean

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Jason H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear guest

Thank you for your choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport.

The team were thrilled to read your kind comments, especially Bart and Conor - who amongst the rest of the team work hard ensuring our guests have a relaxing stay with us.

Hope to see you again soon, next time you are visiting Birmingham.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My friend and I stayed as we were going to the LG Arena to see Elbow. On arrival we were informed of the parking overnight charge that wasn't evident when I booked with booking.com, so that wasn't the best start. Then the room was a double and not a twin. We tried to move but was informed there were no twin rooms left and that the sofa converted into a bed. So I agreed that they caould fold down the bed once we had left to go to the concert. On returning to the room, the sofa bed waasn't turned down, so another call to reception and they eventually made the bed,but failed to give me a duvet, so another call to reception as I wanted to go to bed at this point. So not a brilliant sleep on the camp bed but my friend enjoyed the double bed and the room itself was lovely. So in the morning we had a lovely swim then we went for breakfast, which was superb and included in the room rate. On checkout we explained the issues we had a reduction was placed on our bill, so went home happy. A special mention must go to John who took us to the NEC in the airport shuttle minibus and he was an absolute star!!! All in all an excellent stay and would use the hotel again when flying or going to the LG.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and found this to be quiet away from the bar.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear LornaSutton919,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We are deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into.

Jaime W

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I am very, very happy that I didn't have to pay for my stay there. I was attending a conference and so I assume that the organisation haggled for a decent deal. The advertised tariff behind the desk is £210 per room which caused my eyebrows to raise somewhat.
The room, when I got to it, was cold, very cold, the window overlooked a wall some 6 feet away AND wifi in the room was £5 per hour or £15 for 24 hours.
The room was very clean but I think that may be that bacteria have trouble surviving in sub arctic temperatures. The aircon/heater only pumped out tepid air no matter how long I left it on for and I assume that the hotel management were aware of this as there was a small, free standing oil filled radiator all ready to be plugged in. Not what I would expect for £210!
The bathroom was clean but I had to run several gallons of water to get the hot water running.
I found the staff to be fairly offhand and was shocked when the bar tender asked me for £1.10 for a glass of soda water (not fizzy mineral water) When I queried why I was paying such a large amount for a glass of water he said that the water was free but the £1.10 was for the gas. Fortunately he seemed to realise that what he'd said illustrated the scandalous charges of the hotel beautifully and told me that I needn't pay for the first glass but I would have to pay for subsequent ones. I stuck to one glass.
The breakfast was adequate, nothing more. Fortunately the conference organisers paid for the event and the other food was very good indeed. This was the sole saving grace of the event.
If I am travelling from Birmingham airport in the future, I'll sleep in the car and save a fortune.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear jayne c,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Birmingham.

Karen G.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Everything you would expect from Holiday Inn. Comfortable bed, clean bathroom, good warm shower in the morning, friendly professional staff and a good value for price. Enjoyed a simple meal at the bar, unfortunately had to leave early so missed breakfast.. Super shuttle service to and from the airport. If WIFI would be free for all guests, it would have been perfect!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear valued guest

Thank you for your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport.

The team and I are so pleased that everything was to your satisfaction. Now that we offer complimentary Wifi throughout the hotel, we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for one night after seeing Elbow at the nearby LG Arena . The upside is that there is a free shuttle bus running between the hotel and the NEC railway Stn which is then a short walk to the Arena.... Very handy. The rooms are fine, the bed is ok with a choice of soft or firm pillows. The mini bar exists however it is empty and it's not possible to open the door to keep refrigerated items in it. Shower is good and hot . Room clean. Minor gripe being I asked for a coffee at reception and waited 20 minutes and still no sign of any coffee or waitress. Reminded reception staff and eventually it appeared. Good for a one night stay ... Wouldn't fancy it any longer though.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear EveS22,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are glad you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area. We would like to apologize you were not well satisfied with the room accommodations you had and the service you received. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed for two nights to attend an event at the NEC.

Pro's:
Hotel was clean and facilities are good.
Staff generally seemed happy and helpful.
My room well designed and spotlessly clean.

Con's:
Quality of food was nothing special, and very overpriced.
Car parking can be limited.

My big problem was with the room charge. I had booked the two nights through laterooms.com, however when I've checked out the room rate I've actually been charged is £116 higher than my quote.

I've attempted to deal with this via IHG's customer service centre, however they firstly told me to take it up with laterooms.com, then take it up with the hotel direct. The overcharge has been refunded but I cannot get a revised copy of the bill for my records. I have had a string of dismissive emails from IHG's customer service team yet a deluge of automated email requests for me to 'rate' my experience. I would have thought it preferable to resolve a customers issues BEFORE you request they give a public review?

Overall the hotel is OK (except the food) but customer service support lacking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jason H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear valued guest

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport. I am thrilled to hear you found your room clean, well designed and the team were responsive to your needs.

However, it is with regret to hear of your frustrations with IHG Guest Relations and your room rate. In order to resolve your concern, please contact me personally Jason.hiley@hiairport.com.uk.

Hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed here for the night before a flight out of Birmingham airport. I wasn't really sure if the hotel was actually on the airport so I emailed twice for information. Both emails went unanswered so I eventually got the information from a phone call. The hotel is indeed not on the airport but a few miles away. However, they provide a regular free shuttle bus from the train station and to the airport which worked well. Check in was fast and efficient and we were upgraded to a king executive room that had been recently refurbished. The room was great, clean and very comfortable and surprisingly very quiet for a close to airport hotel. The only 2 downsides I encountered were that firstly, there was no wifi in the room. There was a wired connection but this was of no use to any devise I had with me. Surely in this day and age wifi should be provided in any hotel? Secondly, the booked wake up call never happened. Thankfully, we did not rely on it or we would have missed our flight. All in all though a good example of a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: King executives are very good
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest

Thank you for returning to the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport. We are delighted that you would happily return to us.

It is with regret learning of the unanswered emails, I would appreciate the email address that you sent it to, to enable a full investigation to whether email addresses are correctly advertised and to which department did not respond on this occasion. Sorry for the inconvenience caused over not receiving the wake up call – resulting from a system issue which has now been fixed.

With regard to Wifi and I am pleased to announce that the install for free wifi throughout the hotel is imminent – so I am sure next time you visit us, you will be able to enjoy this service.

Please contact me personally when you are visiting us next, it would be a pleasure meeting you.

Jason.hiley@hiairport.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
#27 of 118 in Birmingham
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!