“Clean, comfortable and well run hotel”

Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport
Ranked #58 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed 2 nights in May - car parking was fine, with space always available although the car park itself was not massive. The twin room was clean with quite large beds - and was extremely quiet - we didn't hear any planes. Breakfast was good with a wide choice which is always one of the really nice things about Holiday Inns and the restaurant food was very special (a bit pricey but far better than the usual hotel fare). The bar food was cheaper and more basic . The hotel was busy with a wedding but service remained very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,808)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We bought a 'Mystery' hotel deal and through that gained an advantageous rate, for a one Saturday night stay prior to our flight the next day. Included was the parking rate for our city break so we were very happy with that. Breakfast was not included. As we visit Birmingham quite rarely, we decided to head into town to find a good Indian restaurant. However, when we saw the congestion in the car park, we changed our minds as it was clear we'd be unlikely to regain a parking space. Instead, we went to the hotel restaurant and settled there. We explained to our waiter, Brian, that we were looking for some Indian food but there was none on the menu. Brian was kind enough to check with the Indian chef to see if he could rustle up for us a couple of masalas, and sure enough he was more than willing to do so. The food was superb and the house wine of good quality. It's encouraging to see staff taking initiative like this in order to meet a customer's needs. We were asked on a couple of occasions if our stay was meeting our expectations, and it certainly was. There was an Asian/Indian wedding on at the hotel and we encountered no disturbance from this event. Reception had been kind enough to allocate us a room at the rear of the hotel. The shuttle bus service to the airport worked like clockwork, so no complaints there, either. In fact, our stay couldn't have been better and clearly, it was the staff that made all the difference.

Room Tip: I'm a light sleeper so asked for a room at the rear of the hotel and at the end of a corridor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrevorHall
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel on 18 May as i had to check in for a very early flight on the 19. My room was pre-paid and I presented the relevant voucher. The hotel confirmed that there was nothing to pay for the night's stay but as is normal practise took a print of my credit card in case I used other services.When I left at about 4.40 am on the 19 May, I dropped the key card off at the reception desk and left to take my taxi.On return to the UK 3 weeks later I discovered that I had been charged for the room in spite of the confirmed prepaid voucher. When I tried to call the hotel about this, having to use the profit-generating premium rate line number the hotel has, the inevitable computer answered offering 6 choices but it was impossible to get further (accounts or other being the options I tried) and talk to a human being. No doubt if I had chosen 'make a reservation' I would have got through! Now, I have to take this to a dispute with the credit card company and waste considerable time and money on this 'mistake'.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank stuartgr12
Jason H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Stuartgr12

Thank you for providing a review, but it is with great regret and concern to learn of your frustrations.

Please be assured, the team and I are truly focused on delivering a memorable experience to all of our guests, however with great disappointment on this occasion something has gone – which I sincerely apologise for.

Please contact me by email, Jason.hiley@hiairport.co.uk, so I am able to address your concern directly.

Regards, Jason Hiley

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Jason Hiley and team treated me fantastically on an overnight stay. Carol on reception an utter star. so helpful over my flight, boarding pass etc. Stellar service. Good nights sleep. Clean room. Hot food.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The best thing about the Holiday Inn is the staff, every one from the maids to recieptionst were very friendly.
Two staff members stood out, Anna and Cheryl, nothing was too much trouble, If you require a Gluten free diet, this hotel is for you, with a great choice, and very good food.
If there is a downside its the noise in the morning from the airport, but this is an airport hotel so its to be expected.

Room Tip: It might be worth asking for a room away from the airport
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gerremys
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for one night in between attending the X factor concert and flying from Birminhgam the next day. Conveniently located for both and the free bus to the NEC was a real bonus! There isnt alot around in terms of places to eat etc but we found a harvester 10 mins awsy which was fine. A bit of noise due to the planes but to be expected near an airport. Overall happy with our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear charlie170689,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you liked our convenient location and free shuttle service. In spite of the noise levels, I am also pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay. I have shared your comments with our hotel management to reconsider making necessary improvements to give you the best stay that you could have in the future.

Once again, thank you and I hope you choose us again next time you visit the area.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 June 2014

As i was attending a trade event at the NEC, this hotel was ideally located.
I arrived on Saturday lunchtime, to be met by a queue to the door of people trying to check in for a religious seminar being held in the hotel. Unfortunately there was only one receptionist on duty, who was most courteous despite the numbers
This i must admit was the only negative, as all other aspects of my stay were flawless, so would have no hesitation in booking again
New customers, particularly those not on business expenses should note that EVERYONE using the car park is charged

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#36 of 118 in Birmingham
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!