“Will NEVER Stay here again”

Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport
Ranked #55 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed for one night to go to the NEC as we thought it was handy, we pulled up in the car to find the carpark full, there were people sitting on the steps outside with no tops on drinking Lager, we managed to struggle past them up the stairs with our case to find a queue to check in. I booked a room with Breakfast, I was told by the receptionist that I had not paid for breakfast, I asked her to check again, she confirmed I had not paid for Breakfast, I thought that to be strange as I always book a breakfast when booking. Went to the bar and waited 15 minutes to be served, overpriced starbucks and a pint of crap beer, there seemed to be people there who had been dumped by the airline due to a delay. The room was fine, the bed was uncomfortable for us it was far too soft, apart from that it was fine. I left the hotel at 10.30 am without Breakfast and came home, I went onto my emails to find I HAD paid for Breakfast, I phoned the hotel to be greeted By "The Manager" Victoria who shouted down that I had used an illegal site to book the room, I told her to stop shouting at me and she replied that she was a naturally loud person lol it just gets better, I said to her "If it is an illegal site, how have you let me stay and why have you taken the money from an illegal site"??? The site is GETAROOM.com I have never had a problem with them before and we travel a few times a month, she then told me I had not paid for breakfast but she would refund me anyway, to be honest I am not that hard up for the price of 2 breakfasts so I told her to forget it as I had spent enough time being screeched at, BUT there might have been someone who was on a very tight budget, maybe they wouldn't afford the £14.99 for a breakfast which was the price written on the board outside the breakfast room, I remember that because we laughed at the idea of such a dump of a hotel charging that much, I am so glad I have booked a different hotel for out next stay before flying from Birmingham, I would never stay there again even for free....

Room Tip: Don't Bother, there are better hotels near by
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terrorchic
Jason H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Terrorchic

It is with regret your stay with us was not a positive one, something the team and I are sincerely sorry for.

We appreciate there are many other hotel options in the area, and grateful you chose to stay with us during your visit to the NEC. As you may know, you arrived shortly after the arrival of a delayed flight, which put instant pressure on the operation of the hotel, whereby we are used to such situations; it is with regret that it had an impact on your arrival.

My colleague, who you spoke with is deeply regretful that you found her demeanour unprofessional, and has asked me to pass on her sincere apologies to you.

Please be assured my team and I are committed to running a great hotel, and on the rare occasion’s things go wrong, we take learnings to ensure such circumstances do not happen again.

Please contact me by email, Jason.hiley@hiairport.co.uk, should you wish to discuss your experience in more detail.

I hope you experience here will not dissuade you from staying within the Holiday Inn family of hotels in the future.

Regards, Jason Hiley

Write a ReviewReviews (1,759)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed in an executive room which got at a good price. The room was very clean and comfortable, bathroom was equally clean with good selection of shampoos and shower gel. Had a good view of the airport which was great as love planes but soundproofing not great when they've got some night flights going on. The only complaint I have is, the car park is a complete nightmare, there were no spaces left and I was forced to shove my car in a tight corner and then had to pay for the parking, surely in today's day and age if you're a guest you should get parking!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear valued guest

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, we are pleased you had a comfortable stay with us.

However, we are sorry to hear the car park was very busy when you stayed. Our car park is subject to availability and can get very busy depending on how guests choose to get to us; however we do have overflow car-parking provisions when we are at full capacity.

In-line with a majority of other hotels in the area, and across the UK, car-parking is a supplemented extra. However, we balance this with complimentary unlimited Wifi throughout the hotel and free use of our leisure facilities for all hotel guests.

The team and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Regards, Jason Hiley

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had our son's 18th birthday bash here nad it was a wonderful experience. Right fromt he start, Santo and his team made sure that all our needs were catered to. They were always there and happy to cater to all our needs even when some of them were last moment....adequate staff numbers, great bar service ( thanks steve, harry) and ample parking but the was the icing on the cake was the food. Our guests found it hard to believe that the three course indian menu was made on site!!!!
Overall, a fab experience. Thanks a ton

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

As Holiday Inn guests for numerous years, and having stayed many hotels in the UK and Europe, we on the whole can trust Holiday Inn to be consistent, professional and trusted in their customer service.
This hotel in our experience, was one of our most pleasant stays, having the most courteous and pleasant staff on reception and the airport shuttle service. We had the unfortunate experience of having our flight cancelled after going to to Birmingham Airport, which meant having to contact the hotel again to help us out in our predicament....they were absolutely brilliant, sorting out picking us up from the airport and rebooking us in with no problem....they helped a very stressful situation!
Always with Holiday Inn, the standard of the room, cleanliness, comfort, is brilliant, the restaurant food is ok, staff were very pleasant. Breakfast is whatever you may need, nice choice. Only negative is the breakfast female serving staff were uninterested and could do with smiling at the cliente a bit more....looked as though they wanted to be somewhere else than doing their job.

Would like to thank particularly Hazel on reception, and the two ' Johns ' ( airport shuttle ) who are fantastic at their jobs, and make a difference to ' the customer ' ..You helped us out anyway..

Will be staying again when we fly from Birmingham, one of the the best Holiday Inns, Thank You.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed here one night for a trade show and was very impressed with the room as it looked as if it had been very newly refurbished.
The room had a nice large 6ft bed which was very comfortable with flexible reading lights at each side as well the usual bedside lights.
Plenty of power sockets including a European 2 pin socket. TV with a few free view channels.Hair dryer,iron,board and tea/coffee facilities.
Nice sofa and coffee table area.
Wardrobe with plenty of space and several drawers for other items.
Very nice bathroom with good sized towels and a shower/bath combo.
Would stay here again if in the area or for a flight.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank anniefield
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here overnight before an early flight from Birmingham Airport. The room was fantastic, bed very large, TV, sofa, desk, tea and coffee making facilities etc. The bathroom in particular was beautifully furnished with bath as well as shower and the complimentary products also seemed to be of a good standard.

There is a free shuttle bus from the hotel to Birmingham International Rail Station and from there you have to take a monorail across to the airport terminal. As there are few places around the hotel to eat and the restaurant in the hotel was pretty expensive we used the shuttle bus to get to the station which is also connected to the NEC. Everywhere in the NEC was closed (to our surprise) and so we ended up going into the airport where there is a Frankie & Benny's which suited us just fine.

The best part of this hotel has to be the leisure centre. We used it on a Saturday night and had the place to ourselves, including reasonably large pool, jacuzzi and steam room. The changing rooms are small but this was not an issue as we were the only ones there. There were also lockers which were free to use.

Overall, this hotel is of a great standard and the location was good too, although you can't walk to the airport. All considered, I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on the 8th of June before taking an early morning flight. We got a great value deal including parking and we couldn't have asked for more. The reception staff are such a credit to the hotel very friendly and certainly know how to give great service. We were informed of all of the arrangements with parking and how to make the most from our stay. We were also very impressed with the rooms, definetly above the usual holiday Inn standard and far surpassed the Holiday Inn I stayed in the previous week in Leicester which was horrendous. The bed was amazingly comfortable and just what we needed before an early morning flight.
The food was also good and great value, cheaper than usual hotel food and of good standard.
All in all I would definetly recommend this hotel and we'll be staying there again as we fly out of Birmingham many times a year. Great hotel, thanks Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank TomT143
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
#34 of 118 in Birmingham
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!