“Excellent party venue”

Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport
Ranked #56 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Spent one night at this hotel for a party in the Lancaster Suite. Our room was small and tired looking. The shower didn't work either. Hopefully this will be sorted out for the next guest. (Problem reported). Didn't eat in the restaurant, but the food served up for the party was excellent. It was an Indian buffet - so much choice and of good quality. The staff were quietly efficient, serving drinks, replenishing dishes, organising cutting of cake etc. For a party venue I can recommend this hotel, but the bedroom/bathroom needed refurbishing. The swimming pool was good with an excellent steam room.

1  Thank MuncherJ
Jason H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear valued guest

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, whilst attending a private event.

I am pleased that you found our hotel an excellent part venue. However, sorry to hear the room you occupied was tired looking and that you found the shower not fully functional. Please be assured the shower was fixed immediately after you reported it to reception.

Also, the room you occupied is also being refurbished in August, so I am sure the items that made the room look tired will be resolved with during this investment program.

The team and I hope to welcome you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed 4 nights in the hotel. Found that the hotel, an Art Deco, type of a hotel needed a little bit of TLC, a lick of paint and new carpets. BUT...the tram sporting this hotel are first class and really friendly. I have travelled the world and have learnt that there are a few nationalities are natural at hospitality, namely the Filipinos and Nepalese as a starter. there are others. This hotel has many on their staff and what a difference they make. The chief has a great menu reasonably priced. the hotel has a spa so don't forget your Cossy and sport kit... the rooms are well appointed, clean, tidy and COOL - Yes the AC works well, in fact too well but who is complaining. Turning it off was easy... Location was perfect for my place of work so happy, happy all round...

Room Tip: The hotel has a shuttle bus running every 30 minutes so dont worry about the distance to the airport...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport.

I am pleased to hear that you found the team at the hotel first class – which showcases to other readers who have not stayed with us recently, our commitment in being a hotel that is truly guest-centric.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times, but forgotten to write a review! The breakfast is a good buffet, and costs around £10/12, but you help yourself to how much you want. Parking is £8.50 per night, so a bit steep and there arn't always spaces available, sometimes the ones that are, are very tight and next to the wall, so arrive early if you can. They do run a shuttle service which is very handy and free, but that only starts at 5am so no good if you need to be at the airport early door. The staff are always professional, friendly and helpful. My room on floor one was lovely, quiet, and beds were comfy! I'm back there again in a few days so hopefully the same will happen again!

• Stayed: July 2014
Jason H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear valued guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us.

The team and I are truly committed in delivering a positive experience to all guests, and we are delighted to hear that you found our hotel “a great base for the airport” and our hard working team are always professional.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

It is what you pay for a clean bed in a smallish room, good shower, shocking pillows and awful aircon meant not a great nights sleep for me, but I am fussy on pillows. Didn't eat at the hotel for dinner the reviews put me off, but breakfast was great, good bacon, hot and tasty, coffee was served quickly by friendly staff, so really this hotel is okay and as I said you get what you pay for

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear guest

The team and I are pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast, but with regret you did not eat dinner with us – please be assured we pride ourselves on high levels of service, to include our evening meal offering. Hopefully you will try our new menu next time you are here.

I would appreciate it if you can contact me regarding the air conditioning and pillows, as I wish to ascertain why this did not score very high – especially as the hotel has invested a lot of money into our pillows and air conditioning over the past couple of month.

Hope to see you again soon, next time you are visiting Birmingham.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a few times for business meeting and the service has always been mediocre.

However.... having booked the hotel at very short notice (5 minutes before I left the the house...) due to a change of plan I arrived tired and hungry (and a bit stressed). I was warmly and efficiently welcomed by the receptionist and swiftly allocated an upgraded executive room. Upon reaching my room I ordered room service which arrived almost immediately and again the customer service was great.

The room was immaculate and the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in, and I sleep in a lot!

Well done Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear valued guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport.

The team and I are delighted to read that you found our hotel “excellent at last” following some mediocre stays with us previously. We are all truly committed to providing a warm, sincere and professional experience to all of our guests, and we are always delighted when this is recongised, especially from a regular guest such as you.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon and please ask for me at reception when you do – it would be a pleasure meeting you!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Booked this hotel as part of a Car Park deal so only stayed for one night.

Arrived on site and Car Park was chaotic. No spaces at all so had to abandon the car whilst we checked in. Was advised at check in that we had to park the car at the local NCP car park and were given a pass. Also gave a credit card swipe so we could book any meals etc to the room.

Eventually got to the room. Basic but acceptable. Went down for some dinner and ordered at the bar. Way too short staffed and struggled to deal with a large group of people trying to order drinks. Eventually placed my order and had to wait for nearly an hour for a Burger !

Tried to book to the room but was told no card had been swiped although it was done when checking in.

I have to say that the food was very nice however took far too long to serve.

Returned to the room and decided to book a wakeup call as we had an early flight the next day. Had to call the hotel with my mobile as the phone in the room didn't work. Reception agreed for someone to knock on the door as an alternative. Also ordered a couple of drinks at the same time however it took nearly an hour for these to arrive !

Following morning - no knock on the door as promised. Went to check out and the manager stated that no card had been swiped so needed to take the details again. I asked for a copy of the bill however this seemed to be a huge task and as our taxi was waiting had to leave the hotel without it.

Overall very poor service and would think twice about staying again.

Dear valued guest

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport.

Sorry to hear on this occasion things were not to our normal high standards – something that we are all deeply sorry about. Your feedback has been discussed as a team, and learnings taken to ensure we consistently deliver the high levels of service we pride ourselves on.

Hopefully, you will allow us an opportunity to restore your faith in the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport – as I am sure your experiences will be completely different.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We booked this hotel as a base for the Wireless festival. It was spot on. Lovely quiet room, very comfortable bed, clean bathroom and good supply of tea, coffee, water etc in the room. TV was huge (not that we watched it!). Breakfast was brilliant. Lots of variety, plenty of fresh fruit and hot ingredients cooked well.

Will definitely book again. Also, I suspect the bad review below got the wrong hotel - there are no steps to get to the hotel!

Dear guest

The team and I are thrilled to hear that you rate us as a great hotel with a fantastic breakfast. Such comments as this make all the hard work worthwhile – so thank you very much.

Hope to see you again soon, next time you are visiting Birmingham.

Jason.hiley@hiairport.co.uk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
#27 of 118 in Birmingham
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!