Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC
US$112
US$109
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$113
Agoda.com
US$127
US$110
1,122 results
All reviewslittle owlpub next doorstayed herecar parkinggenting arenacomplimentary breakfastan overnight stayyogurtclose to the airportbooked this hotelone night stayan early flightcomfy bedgood nights sleepnectaxihie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed for one night as we had Beyonce tickets at the LG arena. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful when we arrived recommending taxi firms etc. The room was okay, nothing special. It was fairly clean but could have been cleaner! The shower curtain needed replacing as it had marks and stains all over it. The carpet had seen better days too!

After arriving back to the hotel after the concert we went to the bar/restaurant for a drink. However it took us around 20 minutes to get served as despite the bar being full there was only 1 bar tender so I recommend buying your own and taking it to the room! The food was average and over priced as were the drinks but the stay as a whole was okay.

Overall I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014
JCH1709, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Hayley J

Thank you for your review we appreciate all comments as it gives us a chance to improve. I am pleased that the check-in staff were helpful upon your arrival.

I will review your comments with the housekeeping team as we know that cleanliness is vital to the service we offer.

We do have more than one team member on during concert nights but I will review your comments and ensure that the bar is adequately manned during future concerts.

Once again thank you for your comments and we do hope that you will use the brand in the future.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I had to stay there for two night unexpectedly as my husband was rushed into hospital while visiting crufts, the staff were very helpful. And always asked after him. It was two night of worry for me but the staff help me with a few item as I had no toiletries or anything with me, as it was two night I was expected to stay over. Really nice friendly staff thank you for all your help over those few days

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your review. We are pleased we were able to help you relax during a stressful time for you. Next time for Crufts hopefully you will both be able to stay. We hope your husband is recovering well and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights as we were competing at crufts , one of the reasons we chose hotel was that there was meant to be a shuttle bus to the nec but they don't have that anymore ,so that was disappointing ,we had to get taxis both ways . The room was fine ,clean and comfortable . We had a ground floor room which was great for nipping out of the hotel with our dog. Breakfast was fine , simple but plenty. We ate at little owl pub the first night but thought it was overrated and freezing , they had a problem with the chimney, so decided to go to the restaurant at premier inn the next night, didn't fancy food in the hotel . It was very busy with crufts being on but the staff coped well and we're friendly and helpful.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank southpawLincs
JCH1709, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Southpawlincs
Thank you for taking the time to write a review we are pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay and the staff were friendly and made you feel welcome.
We hope to see you again next year for Crufts.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

How tall was the maintenance man who put those peep holes in the bedroom doors?

If you are a 5ft 1" person, as my friend is, then you have no chance at all of ever seeing through the hole if you have someone at your door. Its a useless security device for a smaller male/female to use.
I would guess you would have to be 5ft 6 or more to be able to catch a glimpse through the thing!
Dear hotel , if you are ever redesigning these rooms please take into account the average female height!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank her_and_him

Thank you for your review. We have noted your comments regarding the peephole and we will take these on board if the doors are replaced in the future. We value all comments like these as it allows us to improve for all of our guests.
Many thanks

Reviewed 4 March 2014

So I come to the NEC once a year and over the years and have stayed in both the Crown Plaza and the Hilton which are on the NEC Estate. I booked this hotel but it was not much cheaper than the others I normally used but don’t be fooled – it is not safely walkable at night from the NEC to the hotel and the hotel actively discourage you form walking as there is no footway or pavement or lights along the 1 mile route. Taxi from the hotel to the NEC is £5 but £6:60 return! The restaurant is average, don’t eat in in – go next door to the Little Owl pub, food is much much better and fresh and the beer and wine selection a lot better and cheaper. Rooms are OK but a bit tired now, my hand basin was blocked up and despite reporting it to housekeeping was never fixed over my 3 day stay. I won’t be back – pay the extra £15 and stay at the Hilton or Crown Plaza.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel - they are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HyddaMedras

Dear Hydda,
Thank you for your review I am sorry that the maintenance issues were not repaired during your stay. This has highlighted a communication problem between our departments and it is something that we will look to solve immediately.
Although the NEC is walkable and we are in the grounds as there are so many halls we do advised a taxi for the ones that are furthest away as there are no set paths to these halls. This is to keep our guests safe, if you had booked the taxi direct with the company we recommend it would have been the same price.
Please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused during your stay and we do hope that it won’t stop you using the brand in the future.