“Fantastic staff”

Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC
Ranked #33 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here for recent Festival of Quilts, and the hotel was understandably very busy, however everything was very good.The rooms were spotlessly clean, as were the general areas of the hotel. The breakfasts were good and plentiful. The most outstanding area of excellance came from all the staff we encountered over the days of our stay. Every shift were a credit to Holiday Inn, nothing was too much trouble, they were helpful, polite, and accommodating to any of our requests. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them. I know the Management of Holiday Inn would say that this service was no more than they would expect from any of their staff...... but this lot at the NEC should be congratulated...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
JCH1709, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I am happy you found our rooms to be spotlessly clean.

I know all the staff here at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC will be thrilled to see this review as they have achieved their goals in taking care of our valued guests. We really do like to excel ourselves to all guests and they really are committed into making our hotel a leader in excellence.

I do hope to see again when your next in the area. Thank you again for choosing IHG

Guest Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had a two night stay at as I needed somewhere specifically in this area. Was more than pleased with the standards which represented excellent value for money when booked in advance. Room was very clean with good standard of linens. Staff were professional and helpful. Breakfast was adequate for the price paid.

Charming Pub adjacent to the hotel - pay a visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann B

Dear Guest:

Thank you for 4 star review on Trip Advisor.

I am extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our standards to be great value for money. I will pass on your review to our staff as they will be thrilled to know they made your stay pleasurable. It is truly rewarding to my staff when a guest pays them compliments we often receive such high praise to the staff, it is even more rewarding when we are reminded of this.

Thank you choosing IHG and I do hope you will pay us a visit again when next in the area.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here in July 14 had a very early flight. The room ok clean enough but had some noisy neighbours in next door room so after 2 hours complaining had to change our room. The staff was helpful.

The food Menu not that good and nothing else around to eat..

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
JCH1709, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for leaving us a review on Trip-Advisor.

I am most pleased you found our rooms to be clean as this is something we pride ourselves on. I am sorry to hear you experienced noise from the neighbours in the corridor and I do apologise it took so long for you to be moved, this is something I will look into as this is something we should of done better.

Due to us being a Holiday Inn Express we are unable to provide a full service menu in our restaurant as this brand standard however in reception there are a wide range of take-away menu's should you stay with us again, the reception team would be more than happy to provide one or even print one off the internet for you.

I would like to thank you for staying with us as I know when it comes to lodgings especially for holiday's it is important to get your holiday off to a great start. I do hope you will consider us again when next in the area.

Thank you for choosing IHG.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a very conveniently situated hotel, the rooms are spacious and clean. The staff pleasent and helpfull but the food really let it down, we were on a coach trip so did not expect silver service at dinner, however I did not expect to queue at a servery to have the meal served school canteen style. It was bland and uninteresting. Breakfast was no better, it was self service but apart from the toast and cereal it was scrambled egg, sausages and baked beans which left me thinking where's the bacon, agreed we didn't go hungry just disappointed. Having said all that I would stay again overnight because the beds were very comfortable which made up for everything else

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
JCH1709, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the team to leave us a review on Trip Advisor. I am most pleased you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful. It is always rewarding knowing our staff are there to help.

I was most dis-heartened to hear of your disappointment regarding the food at the hotel as we normally receive such high praise with the food we have to offer and this is something I will investigate to see if we can offer something more interesting for all future guests. As a Holiday Inn Express we offer an Express start continental breakfast with three hot items with those being Sausages, Scrambled Eggs and Baked Beans. As with all Holiday Inn Express' we are unable to offer bacon as a choice on our buffet, however I am sorry you were disappointed with this.

I would like to thank you for saying you would stay with us again as we know when it comes to hotels in the area you have many choices and it pleases me knowing you would consider us again. I am thrilled you found our beds to be comfortable as this is something we pride ourselves on knowing our guests get a good nights sleep and wake up refreshed the next morning.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here overnight before our flight, and was extremely pleased. Excellent welcome at reception, and pleasantly surprised with room. Spacious, and spotlessly clean. breakfast was good, and sufficient to start our holiday. Only 10 minutes to airport, so great to break up journey from home. Well recommended particularly for stop over before flying

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
JCH1709, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a lovely holiday.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here on our return from our long haul flight home. We were able to park at the hotel, jump into a taxi and go to the airport all in about 10 mins. On our return we landed at stupid o'clock in the morning with two children, again jumped into a taxi and within 15 mins we were all tucked up in possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Even the pillows were marked 'soft' or 'firm' [a blessing for us - he likes firm, I like soft]. When we woke at a reasonable hour in the morning we took stock of the room that was compact and functional, but perfectly designed, with everything you could need for an overnight stay or a room to use as a base.

We went down for breakfast and, it was a self service with sausages, baked beans, scrambled egg, toast, croissants, cereal, variety of teas, juices, coffee, hot chocolate, cheese, butter [yes real butter] and yoghurts - really everything you could possibly need for breakfast - and it was really quite tasty.

The staff were really helpful, I was just very impressed with the simplicity, cleanliness and value - it was less than £100 for 18 days parking, a B & B for 4 people, We will definitely use the Holiday Inn Express chain again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Showey

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am pleased we made your journey easy before and after your holiday.

It's lovely to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you will use the brand in the future for your family trios.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I stayed overnight on a recent visit to the NEC . The room was comfortable and very clean , we slept well. Breakfast was just what we needed before we left for our trip home. All things considered excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
JCH1709, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear William J

We are pleased to hear that you found us great value and enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in the area.