“Bridal Suite”

Castle Bromwich Hall Hotel
Ranked #10 of 56 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed in the bridal suite for one night with dinner and breakfast the next morning.
Our room was beautiful and the bathroom stunning.
The only fault really was very loud music until about midnight, we were advised that a private party was going on and there would be some noise.
Food was lovely and we were treated very well throughout our stay. The grounds and gardens were very well maintained also.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was my first overnight stay with my new girlfriend so I was looking for somewhere nice, but boy did I overshoot the mark.
Following the sat nav it said we only had around 150 metres to go, but we were still surrounded by houses and apartments, I thought it was a country estate, but instead it was in the suburbs of Birmingham.
However, we turned onto a green and then onto a short country lane by an old high wall, then through a large set of old gates, and WOW. It was like turning into Hogwarts.
The hotel is not massive, but very impressive, the gardens are lovely and the staff were fantastic. We had booked a meal in the centre of Birmingham, but wished we had eaten at the hotel after smelling the food there, we,ll try it next time.
We checked in and set off to our room. It was a standard room in an annex to the main hotel a short walk from reception. We opened the door and went into the room. It was fantastic, if this is a standard room we must try some of they're better rooms.
The room was spotless, lovely darkwood stained furniture, king size bed, large wardrobe, dressing table, and bedside tables. Plenty of tea, coffee, and hot chocolate, a hair dryer, an iron and ironing board in the wardrobe, nice toiletries in the immaculate marble tiled bathroom, and a very good quality flat screen tv fixed to the wall, everything we could possibly need.
The bed was extremely comfortable, the room was very quiet, and everything was perfect and so romantic, I couldn't have asked for a better hotel.
I booked from hotels.com so didn't really know the normal price. We paid £50 for the night, an amazing price. The normal price should have been £129.99, and I would have no problem staying again and even the full price would be a bargain.

Room Tip: From what we saw even the standard rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for two nights in mid May 2013. We were going to an event at the NEC and the hotel is perfectly situated being only a short drive away. We were initially put in a double room in the Brew House which was clean and perfectly adequate however didn't have a bath which is a must have for me! I asked reception if there were any rooms available with a bath and they moved us immediately into the main house to a lovely room at no extra charge. The man on reception was very helpful and friendly.
The hotel itself is beautiful and the grounds are still being finished but are lovely. We paid extra to have breakfast which again was perfectly adequate. There was a wedding on whilst we were there and I think we were the only guests not attending the wedding! We were invited to have a drink though in the bar with the wedding party and it didn't affect our stay at all.
Overall a lovely hotel for a mini break at a very reasonable price! Would definitely stay again if we were visiting the NEC. I would ask for a room in the main hotel beforehand in future though, just seemed a bit grander and cosier than the Brew House!

Room Tip: Main hotel is nicer than the annexe, particularly for couples
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

This was a really good price for what u get, we had a large room with a very nice bathroom. The grounds of the hotel are great, took some lovely pictures. All in all a really charming and value for money stay .

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Like many we were placed in the brew house, which I really didn't mind t all. The room for £50 per night was excellent, fresh and clean, the ensuite was lovely too.
We heard our neighbour next door before going to sleep, didn't think anything of it until 6 am the next morning, when we heard them plugging in the hair dryer and using it. From that point on could hear everything, they got a wake up call and could hear the whole twenty minute conversation with the hotel staff. So loud and walls super thin. When we complained the next morning, the man in reception said "I've never heard if that one before" which really annoyed me, instead of just acknowledging it. My husband who doesn't like making a fuss even thought it was worth making a complaint.
When my husband went to settle the bill they knocked off ten pounds which I thought was reasonable. We were going to stay for continental breakfast but it did not look too appetising so we left it.
The main building and grounds are lovely, but the gardens at the back were closed and seemed to be very much separate from the hotel which is a shame. There were also some young teenagers smoking in their car in the car park listening to loud music which we found a bit odd...thy didn't look like guests more like they were just hanging out in the car park!
Would stay again if I was moved to another room to get a decent sleep in!

Room Tip: Think we were in 615 or 614.. Walls are very thin!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My mother, sister and I have recently spent a night at Castle Bromwich Hall. The owners have restored what used to be a derelict property into a beautiful hotel , I was very impressed with the restored building inside and out.. We paid a bit extra and stayed in the main part, there was a wedding party there at the time but it did not seem overly busy. The rooms were huge , well furnished and spotlessly clean , the grounds are lovely, entrance to the separate gardens are free to hotel guests. The staff were all very friendly and efficient and breakfast, lunch and evening meal were excellent. I know there were a few teething problems when the hotel first opened but I feel that management have now got it all under control , we had a lovely stay and I will be certainly be going again when I next visit family .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Our stay was booked on the 2nd of June for the 6th of July. My partner wanted a hotel near Solihull because he was going to a national event held lcally on the Sunday, so we looked for somewhere 'romantic and relaxing', we chose this hotel for its beautiful,elegant surroundings. The hotel didn't inform us a wedding party were going to be there, so take a tip and ask before you book to avoid the following fiasco!

We had a lovely meal, and there was only one other couple in the dining room. We stayed in room 625 in the Brew House, which has a separate entrance to the main building.

The hotel barman needs to appreciate guests PAY for a relaxing sleep, and don't expect to be listening to the empty glass bottles being skipped at 11.30pm and 5.30am.....not a great thing to do, and very annoying after the atrocious wedding guest behaviour in between these times.

All through the night the owner of a Range Rover kept switching his engine off and on, loud,drunk guests were shouting in the car park below, and despite my partner ringing reception and asking them to call the police because of the racket NOTHING WAS DONE BY THE HOTEL! At 3am there was a terrible 'slanging match' on the floor below us, and I got dressed and went to reception, and found a naked woman with a draped towel locked out of one of the rooms, and a man at the bottom of the stairs only in his underwear...and the language was choice. By the time I got to the reception I had had enough of the far from 'relaxing' night. The night porter 'Jose' and the barman were there, and both had rung for an ambulance, as the drunk fellow lying at the bottom of the Brew House stairs had injured himself...it reminded me of 'Fawlty Towers'. No management was present and I personally think the police were not called. In the morning I left my room at 6am to let my partner get some peace and quiet before his national event. The main hotel entrance was locked...so it's NOT 24hours as advertised.

The breakfast, at £11.50 is expensive, and to boot it is self service....but when we started to eat we found the full English to be cold! That took the biscuit for my partner. Only one member of staff had any idea of professionalism and I have emailed the hotel regarding the credit card payments they took for the room and the evening meal. Apparently they told my partner we could go back to the hotel another time...would anyone in their right mind go back after such a bad experience. (I met willtravel 14 on the Sunday morning and looked at past reviews more closely and it seems the breakfast and wedding issues have been discussed before and the hotel management choose to ignore guest comments...in such an economic climate this attitude is suicidal!)

Room Tip: Don't choose the Brew House because sound from the main hotel and the outside car park echoes!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple