“Sleeping at lady Bradford's”

Castle Bromwich Hall Hotel
Ranked #13 of 53 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

For someone who grew up around the corner this was a spooky experience as we always thought the place haunted.

Stayed with the family for only one night for a wedding party and whilst not bad it's not brilliant either. Some of the staff were arrogant some aloof some excellent (Jose)

We arrived early and one would think we turned up a day early with the reception attitude.

Room was great though, luxurious and clean. However the cleanliness of the breakfast crockery left a lot to be desired and the cooking wasn't up to much.

Location is terrific for a birmingham stay but it it not central.

1  Thank SteveBMidlands_UK
There are newer reviews for Castle Bromwich Hall Hotel

Reviewed 27 August 2013

From the outside it looked amazing - a gorgeous property and very welcoming. Upto reception it was old, traditional and very impressive. Our accommodation was in the Brew House but getting there was very disappointing as behind the hotel were poorly maintained grounds, kitchen staff smoking outside and generally a mess.
Room was OK and comfortable. Thin walls - it sounded like someone was actually IN the wardrobe but just noise from next door. The planes overhead were quite noisey, stopping around midnight and starting again early.
If you are getting married this would be a great venue and overnight wedding guests may not be as fussy ! It could have been so much better -such a shame !

Room Tip: Dont stay in the Brew House !
1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My step daughter chose this as the venue for her wedding. Jose, the Operations Manager, was excellent and guided the families through the process of organising the wedding. The food was fantastic (please keep English wines on the menu!), fresh and tasty. There was an excellent selection of drinks too.

We were given the Devereux room, which although right next to the wedding function room, was relatively quiet. The room was large and well equipped. The bathroom is nothing short of amazing - large enough to hold a party in.

The staff were excellent all weekend and answered any queries very quickly. Most importantly, all of the guests had a lovely time.

Breakfast was also lovely - a self selection buffet was available for the continental breakfasts, with hot Full English cooked to order. We cannot recommend this venue highly enough.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main house are beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed for one night in a superior room and found staff helpful and room clean and just as expected.Did not have eveining meal but did have breakfast which was well presented although a tad over priced.
Gardens are nice walk to stretch your legs.

Room Tip: Room 316 was nice although not best view.
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I expected great things from Castle Bromwich Hall Hotel but was a little disappointed!

On arrival I was directed to the Brew House, it was dark so it was a little hard to read the signs to work out where to go, as they'd faded in the rain over time. After almost walking into the kitchen, I found the room. I tried to open the door but my key card didn't work. I wouldn't normally complain about this, but as I headed back to reception I bumped into a member of staff who told me to try again. It still didn't work, so I saw him again outside the kitchen door and he took my key and walked off through the inside of the hotel leaving me to stand in the rain with my bags. Not so great.

Once I got into my room it was clean and tidy and the bed was big and comfy. En suite was nice too. I had some room service and the curry was OK, not really a Korma but tasty none the less.

As I settled down to watch some TV before bed, I noticed a lot of planes overhead. Not seen anyone else mention this, so it may just been a change of approach for Birmingham airport. They stopped around 10.30pm, but I was woken up at 6.30am as they started flying again. I can confirm the walls are thin and you can hear your neighbours moving around, watching tv and closing doors, but I think on the night I stayed it was relatively quiet so didn't cause any problems.

For £50 the stay was OK. The Brew House, with some small tweaks, could be gorgeous. But I don't think I'll be coming back.

1  Thank Claire P
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Myself and my future husband wanted a venue for our wedding after our church service and was drawn to cbhh when we first agreed and booked we had been made a few promise which we thought we was not going to get when I actual fact had everything u could every dream of to make a wedding special. Our first wedding planner Jayne was horrid and was glad I only had one meating with her the next time I had a meating with the hotel it was Jose who needs alot of credit and patting on the back he made our day very special and a day to remember thank you Jose for everything and all the staff for there hard work they were all brilliant even chef.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

What a place.
Though we arrived late at night (1AM) the staff was there for the check-in and to kindly guide us to the guest houses.
The room was beatuful and perfectly clean, the bed was soft and we slept very well.
The Castle is awesome, very well preserved and with a unique atmosphere.
Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Staying Cool at the Rotunda
Ladywood
Hotel du Vin & Bistro
Hotel du Vin & Bistro
#32 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Castle Bromwich Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!