Castle Bromwich Hall Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$144
  • Pool
US$189
US$124
  • Pool
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$143
US$128
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
ibis Styles Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$97
  • Breakfast included
US$61
US$59
Travelocity
US$180
US$164
All reviewsbrew housemain buildingbridal suiteafternoon teaflight pathbeautiful hotelclotted creamsuperior roomfamily weddingfollowing morningcar parkvisiting the neclovely roomfull englishfamily roomstayed here for one nightensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2014

For many years this Hall lay neglected but a substantial overhaul of the building that was built in the 1550s has resulted in a great place to stay. The staff make you feel special with excellent service that leaves nothing to chance. Our room was in the main building with all the odd bits of history turning up in the most unexpected places. We were delighted with the food and the number of places that you could enjoy it. We did find the bar quite small but there is a newly completed function room that has all the expected bells & whistles.
With such a wonderful building & gardens it seems to be in demand for weddings most of the year. We only stayed one night night but are planning a weekend in the summer to enjoy all the great facilities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SueMick
CBHHManager, Manager at Castle Bromwich Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for your review, SueMick!

We are pleased to hear that you are well informed and knowledgeable about our beautiful building.
We are very proud of the history attached to our building and we are pleased that you enjoyed this!

Please do come back and visit us! We would love to see you again!

Best Regards

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I visited here on Sunday 18th May on a lovely sunny afternoon. What a fabulous building ! Reception very efficient and friendly. My daughter and I were escorted in to a stunning room where we were served an excellent tea. Cakes and sandwiches were lovely. Asked several times if we needed more tea. The waiting on staff very pleasant and efficient. We are planning to return shortly. Have no hesitation in recommending you to family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, Margaret T!

We are thrilled you enjoyed our afternoon tea, service and are delighted to hear you will visiting us again!

We are grateful for your excellent response and recommendations!

We will see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here for one night and it was just lovely. I was actually in the annex rather than the main building but the room was still excellent. Large and comfy bed and new and clean bathroom. They even had a bathtub! The only criticism is that there is another Castle Bromwich Hotel nearby and my cab driver didn't know which one to go to. I think the post code listed is also wrong. But will definitely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CBHHManager, Manager at Castle Bromwich Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Thank you for your review, Barbara_Yang!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stayed with us and would recommend us to others.

Our apologies that you did have difficulty finding us but we hope it was worth the find!

Overall we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here last weekend as there was a beer and heritage festival going on in the grounds of the hotel and immediate surrounding area. On the outside it looks amazing, lovely old building. We were in a room in what the called the brew house so not it the main body of the hotel. The room was a lovely size but a bit grubby, carpets had stains on them and although the furniture was clean the general fixtures and fittings could all do with a bit of a clean. There is a lovely history of the building in the guest information folder and we were surprised to learn that it had only been a hotel since 2011 as the overall appearance of paintwork on windows etc was of very poor standard, obviously not looked at since 2011!
As ww weren't in the main part of the hotel we had to go outside to get to the hotel entrance for breakfast, this is fine if it is not blowing a gale and raining! I wouldn't want to be staying here in the winter. Breakfast was included in the price of our room which is good as we would not have eaten there the 2nd morning if it hadn't been. Service was excellent, food was not, and not worth the £12.50 they charge. I've had better and more at a Toby Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, tlaney!

It is disappointing to hear that you had a bad experience during your stay.

In regards to our food and beverage options we apologise that you did not enjoy this.
We have made recent changes to our food and beverage department and further improvements are being made which we have received praise for.

We do hope that you would consider to stay with us again!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here last night on business and was very disappointed by the whole experience. Dinner consisted of food that looked like re-heated ready meals and a waitress that didn't know what Pinot Grigio was.
The person in the room next to me kept me up and some me early with a very loud TV. When I tried to get in touch with the night porter by telephone and even going to reception in my pajamas he was nowhere to be found. Knocking on my neighbours door got no reply. When I complained at checkout I was told "the person in that room is a resident. We'll have a word with him". That didn't help me at all. I was so mad and it was clear I'd had a poor experience but neither the porter who eventually turned up and the guy on reception just weren't interested.
WiFi was also very hard to access in my room (306). Impossible to work in the room.
It was a real shame as the hotel looks beautiful. I think style over substance sums the place up best.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, waterhousemom!

Firstly, our sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

We have made many improvement in the last few months and continue to do so to ensure that experiences such as these are not repeated

It is disappointing that you would not stay with us again and we do apologise for this.

Kindest Regards