“Good food, good value”

The Bull Furnace End
Ranked #336 of 2,207 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Traditional English pub, friendly atmosphere, with fresh homemade food in country surroundings, we offer a full 2 for 1 menu all day everyday. also offering our carvery style Sunday lunch.
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Good food, good value”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We like to visit the Bull at Furnace End. Set in a lovely countryside location, not far from Birmingham, the Two for One deal is a bargain. The food is well prepared and a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach. Roast Dinners on Sunday are 'lush' too as my granddaughter says.

1 Thank Susan B

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“A hidden treasure”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Called in on a Sunday lunchtime without a reservation. Staff found a table for us very quickly and it was well worth it as the food was great, atmosphere was good and staff were excellent. Very good value with Sunday lunch for two with drinks for around £25 all in - how a pub should do lunch!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Julian F
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great value,great service”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is the first time I have been to The Bull and I wasn't disappointed.The service was excellent with attentive friendly staff.The food lived up to all expectations with a value you couldn't fault.

I have tended to avoid 2,4,1 but The Bull has converted me and I will be going back.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Rood staff”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Came here for a quite meal with friends. I used to work here when it was owned by sue and Malcom and it was a lovely family pub. It's gone way down hill now. When we arrived the lad behind the bar was very snobbish and looked down on us. They seated us and then left us for ages. In the end we just walked out. I won't be returning nor will i be recommending to friends. Very bad service off snooty staff

3 Thank Joshy18_
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Not your average two for one & exceeded expectations!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have used this establishment on and off for over twenty years and have seen a number of changes to both management and structurally and can highly recommend the latest change of management. This is not your average two for one as the menu is extensive offering quality produce at reasonable prices served in delightful surroundings. On entering the pub (02/05/14) the décor is impressive and both the restaurant and bar area is inviting creating a real ambience. We were greeted by a really friendly waitress who was apologetic as the restaurant was fully booked although it was only 6pm and we hadn't made a reservation. This was a Friday evening and clearly booking is essential. Regardless, we decided to have a drink and look at the menu for future reference. The bar/cellar man was friendly and knowledgeable and clearly took a pride in the beers as evidenced in my pint of Worthington Bitter. Severed at the right temperature I enjoyed a cold refreshing pint with a creamy head that was maintained until my last gulp! So much so that this was followed by a further two equally enjoyable pints. At some point the restaurant Manager took pity on us drooling over the menu and, despite being fully booked, we were offered the opportunity to eat if happy to remain at our table in the bar area. We readily agreed and this is an indication of the high standard of customer service and a willingness to go that bit further to ensure customer satisfaction. My wife and I opted for a sharing starter of warm camembert served with an ample selection of fresh warm breads and a delicious home made savoury chutney that was to die for. For main course I opted for a prime cut rib-eye steak that was cooked to perfection, as requested, and accompanied with a very generous portion of thick cut chunky chips, onion rings and grilled tomato. As an extra I also opted for a creamy stilton sauce that was freshly made and proved to be a delicious accompaniment to the steak. My wife chose the salmon again perfectly cooked and served on a bed of mixed leaves, black & green olives that proved a real delight judging by the empty plate. Desert was not even considered as we were both full but did have a bottle of red wine suggested by the helpful bar man that proved an excellent choice and value at just £9.90!!! Customer service here is paramount and many other establishments could learn from this. The waitress constantly made eye contact, coupled with a friendly smile, to ensure that the food was to the highest standard and drinks orders etc. were taken and delivered in a very timely manner. The waitress, Bar cellar man and restaurant manageress are all to be commended for providing first class customer service making us both feel genuinely welcome and like we were regulars. Don't be put off by the two for one offers displayed outside because once inside a real treat awaits. Thanks for making our evening so special we will be back again & would unreservedly recommend to family & friends!!!

2 Thank ValentiaBM1013