“Annual Ball”

Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #35 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We went to an annual ball held here. This was our third visit to this hotel the service, rooms and staff have been consistant on each visit. The food lovely, breakfast is self service and not to be missed.
The rooms are always clean the only shame is that there is no air conditioning in the rooms, they do have fans i you need it you will find it in the wardrobe with the ironing board. They also have a safe and hair dryer in the rooms.

Room Tip: You can opt for a room with a view of the golf course, but I believe that there is a premium for the...
1  Thank AmandaB1968

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed here overnight before attending an event at the NEC. It is reasonably well situated for the NEC although it is a 10 -15 minute drive with no public transport. The room was spacious and comfortable, well equipped and mostly clean, although the tiling and grouting in the bathroom was looking dirty and tired. It was unfortunate that I was greeted with confusion about whether or not I could use my debit card to leave a deposit for extras but this was resolved. i was given inadequate instructions as to where my room was located and ended up walking round in circles. But overall, this a comfortanble, well equipped hotel with good facilities and lovely grounds. I attended a business dinner in the evening and the food was excellent, although the service was less good. I was disappointed at the charges for in-room wifi. £15 for 24 hours is overpriced and small things like this make all the difference to my decisions about whether I would return to a place like this.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed here for a conference with work, there were always staff about to help, they always looked smart and acknowledged us. The rooms were clean and to a high standard, I had a new ironing board and iron, hair drier and safe, the towels and bedding were top quality. The breakfast was also very nice. Unfortunately I left my diary in the safe, when I phoned the person was helpful and told me that someone from housekeeping would phone me back. When they phoned me back they confirmed that they had found my items and they arranged to post them to me. That is good quality service, thank you marriott. The only negative I found was that the mattress was old and lumpy with feathers coming through it, but I still slept fine.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank tonytiger1974
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Recently visited for a business conference and was looked after superbly! The whole day we were looked after in a beautiful surrounding and welcoming hotel. The rooms were great and the facilities were outstanding.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The hotel specializes in conferences and golf. It has welcoming staff and is well located. However it is in need of some upgrading and refurbishing. The restaurant serves a good buffet breakfast with individual egg station The evening dinner menu is limited and over priced. During my stay the fire alarm was activated three times during my three day stay, while there was a plausible reason it was annoying and created a feeling of credibility. Bedrooms had tea making facilities and a safe but WiFi connection was expensive. The air conditioning was too efficient and the hotel was basically cold and despite several requests staff seemed unable to correct the temperature. Overall an average experience.

1  Thank PaulW939
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Played the Arden course which was immaculate and the green are very fast. Stayed overnight with a great dinner and wonderful breakfast with a egg chef to do you fresh omelettes or fried eggs.

Wonderful staff and all go out of their way to say hello.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

On arrival the hotel looked much more grand than its website images, the golf resort looked well kept and there was plenty of parking. We were greeted on arrival and taken up to The Cedarwood Spa where a lovely spa receptionist gave us a lovely warm and friendly welcome and was very informative about the structure of the day and if we wanted our afternoon tea in the spa or later at the hotel Zest cafe. The facilities in the spa were really well kept and the treatment exceeded my expectations! Full free use of all the leisure facilities such as the pool, steam room and sauna. Looking forward to our cream tea, it was a shame the football was on in Zest cafe, and many of the guests around us were golfers enjoying a beer and pub grub, this didn't distract from our delightful scones, clotted cream and jam! We even asked for strawberry jam which the waiter helpfully brought over with our large pots of tea! Back to the spa to pick up our bags and again greeted by the friendly spa receptionist and asked how our tea was!

Definitely good for a girly day on a budget

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Edgbaston
Ladywood
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
#7 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!