Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Genting Hotel(Birmingham)
  • Pool
Heath Lodge(Marston Green)
1,576 results
All reviewszest bargolf breakleisure facilitiesleisure clubmain restaurantsauna and steam roomtwo double bedsbirmingham airportweekend breakbuffet stylefollowing morningsaturday nightspaweddingchampionshipconferencenec
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Went on a one night, two day golf trip to this hotel over the weekend. We checked in after playing first round of golf around 5pm. We were told, not asked, we were having dinner in the restaurant at 6.30pm. We said we wanted to eat later and all they could offer us was 9pm which we reluctantly accepted. We would have preferred around 8pm. We used the additional time to use the leisure facilities where the steam room was out of order. At 9pm we were sat at a table which had not been laid and then moved to a table which had. We waited half an hour for the starters. Soup was average, two pates came with semi frozen wet bread. This got replaced after complaining twice. We all ordered beef which was the quality you would get in a pie filling, in short - disgusting. Mash was tepid and also disgusting. The general manager was now doing the rounds in the dining room as most diners seemed unhappy with some aspect of the food or service. Waitress came to apologise for her rudeness. We had £19 per person discounted from our bill on check for our poor dinner experience.

The whole experience reminded me of faulty towers rather than a leading global hotel chain. I will never return

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Simon E
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Unlike other reviews, the check in staff were friendly and helpful.
The room was well decorated, spacious and in fairly good condition.
Good spa facilities, which was used by us on both days.

The food experience was average for dinner. Service was a little slow and the dishes were cooked ok, but were lacking on flavour/finish. Breakfast on the other hand was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simon C
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I spent the evening of my birthday here and it was just the perfect finish to a perfect day. The staff are wonderful and so pleasant and helpful nothing is too much trouble for them. The bedroom was a beautiful twin room with 2 double beds. I would recommend that everyone should stop here and do try the restaurant, the food was excellent. Thank you for a wonderful time

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DawnRoberts_13
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Poorcheck in, problems with horrible attitude of reception staff. Had to wait 1hour before my wife partner was given a room.Dirty rooms, dirty trays in corridors ,my whole stay was ruined with this experience.I will not recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Martin H
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We went to a wedding reception at the Forest of Arden. We arrived mid-afternoon. We wanted a cup of tea. We had to pay cash - beforehand - before we could be served. The room was okay (not good, not bad) but not good value for £103. It was a long walk to it from the lift and the view was the car park. It is difficult for me to criticise the food at the reception since we were guests. However, if the Marriott charged more than £2 per person it would have been robbery! The same goes for the wine. Red or white - no choice. Plenty of beer, however. Then, just to make my misery complete I was charged for a newspaper which most hotels offer complimentary. I am being generous in calling it "poor". Perhaps "terrible" would have been nearer the truth.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends