“Okay hotel but wireless rip off”

Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #31 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Room was nice, convenient for NEC, staff friendly and foodvwas okay. I would normally rate a hotel like this 3-4 star so why the 1 star?

Wireless rip off! £15.00 for wireless in this day and age is a joke. Okay you can buy an hour for £6.00 but what use is that when you are trying to conduct business

Sorry folks but in this day and age and especially for what the room rates are 15 quid is disgusting. I have instructed my staff not to use this place again.

Pathetic

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul-Stocksbridge
Atul K, Front Office Manager at Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for your time to share feedback on your visit.

I would like to take this opportunity to update you that we have complimentary internet access in all our public areas including lobby and restaurants. We acknowledge that we currently charge internet in our bedrooms similar to other Marriott Hotels, this is to ensure that we can continue to provide safe and fast internet to all our guests.

I am sorry that you were not happy with this charge. Your feedback is important to us and I would like to thank you once again.

Yours sincerely,

Atul Kankrej

There are newer reviews for Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business conference and was surprised when I had to pay for a connection to the hotel WIFi. In this day and age you can can get free WIFI in coffee shops and even budget hotels. It did not ring true with the excellent customer service provided by the staff and as a business guest I need to stay in touch with my business and would expect to be able to do this in this standard of hotel. It would certainly influence me when choosing this hotel for an event again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Liz L
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Me and my father had a very enjoyable one night stay, which included 2 rounds of golf, dinner, and breakfast. comfortable and quiet room, friendly and professional staff, great service and excellent food and wine. No sure about the prices for drinks though. I have seen cheaper at The Ritz , London! I Would most definitely stay again but would I choose the same package? No! The Aylesford course really was disappointing, I cant say I enjoyed the layout at all and seems to be crammed in as a money making venture if im honest. The Arden course however was a different matter,it was brilliant! A nice front nine followed by a very very good back nine. If it was made a little longer in parts I could see the European Tour coming back here but until then I don't think they have a chance.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just returned from a most excellent weekend at this great hotel. Informal gathering for over 150 on Friday, with food and formal dinner for over 220 on Saturday in great marquee. Golf for over 40 on one of the great courses. Every detail was thought of, staff were superb and the whole weekend has left all attendees with a feeling of tremendous satisfaction. It is hard to imagine any aspect that could have been improved upon and we shall return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Susie052
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed one night as we were attending a function at the hotel. The room was fine, very comfortable bed, plentiful supplies of coffee etc., good quality toiletries in the large bathroom. All fairly standard and what you would expect from any similar hotel, but what made this one special was the quality of the staff. The moment we opened the car door to unload we were met by the charming Phil who was extremely helpful. He took our bags and showed my husband to the best parking space while I checked in - then brought him back in a buggy, showed us to our room and pointed out all the amenities. Reception staff were also very welcoming, efficient and helpful in providing something I'd forgotten. The same level of service carried on all evening at dinner - special thanks to Olivia who looked after us so well, always with a happy smile. Breakfast was an excellent spread, plenty of variety and again great service from friendly and attentive staff.
Only one downside - a high charge for Wi-Fi, so we didn't bother. So many hotels now include this and maybe one day the Marriott might catch up with the trend.
Please pass our thanks and compliments to Phil, Olivia and indeed to all your staff - they are a credit to you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shireen
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had one night here as a birthday present. Lovely setting but bad weather stopped us from exploring the beautiful grounds. Staff very pleasant on arrival and in the spa. Pool was warm and also very clean.
Room was warm, clean, quiet and comfortable. Evening meal was good and Rebecca our waitress was very helpful, informative and made my birthday seem even more special. A really lovely evening.
Excellent service throughout the stay. Would reccommend a stay here and hope to return again myself.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Had a very enjoyable one night stay. Comfortable and very quiet room, friendly and professional staff, and excellent food and wine. Would definitely stay again. Only issue was trying to find the hotel as my SatNav didn't like the post code!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family