“Golfing made easy”

Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #30 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just back from a golf break having played both courses and stayed on a DB&B basis, rooms were great with 2 double beds. Dinner had a good choice and fantastic service in a private dining area just in case we got a bit noisy! We were served both nights by Jade Wyatt, she was courteous and knowledgable on food and wine and a great host generally, 14 blokes enjoying a few beers and she coped admirably. A great holiday and everyone there has commented on it, not a single word of complaint and believe me, they would say if there was!!! Thanks to everyone especially Jade.

There are newer reviews for Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The feature golf course - Arden - is great, a proper test for the society golfer. The Aylesford course is a nice distraction but a bit tatty.
The Hotel itself looks great but the management really need to get a grip and run the place like a hotel. Food was poor - very salty. They ran out of beer more than once during my weekend stay. The bar staff seemingly could not change a barrel and so told us the beer was off. Two or three hours later it was back on. There was no butter with the bread rolls, just "spread". I asked for butter and was told there was none. The following morning there was plenty however. It seems that the staff - mainly youngsters - have no training in hospitality (not their fault), and there's no management around. Pity it could be so good. Tip; go to Breadsall Priory another golf hotel in their chain. Much better

Room Tip: One looking over the golf course, not inward onto the square
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Atul K, Front Office Manager at Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our Tripadvisor page.

As much as I am delighted that you have enjoyed playing golf I am disappointed to read your comments where you have highlighted poor food quality, delay in service and staff training. Please be assured that I will be sharing your feedback with the relevant department managers for further follow up and review.

I do hope you will plan to stay with us in future and thank you once again for sharing your valued feedback with us.

Yours sincerely,
Atul Kankrej
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Everything just right. Staff extemely competent and helpful particularly the lady who looked after our golf party Jade Wyatt...thanks. The food was good and not over complex. All in all I thought this an ideal venue for a golfing break with 2 excellent courses

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Spent 3 excellent days with a group of 14 golfers at this wonderful venue. Rooms were first class, good food and well presented golf courses. What made the biggest impression however was the quality of service. It was great to be greeted by consistently helpful staff with a positive attitude. Must mention specifically Jade who dealt brilliantly with our meals in the evening looking after a large group of hungry and thirsty golfers.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed for two nights as part of a golfing group. I found both the accommodation and food excellent and the staff very welcoming - especially Jade who was our waitress for both the evening meals. My only gripe was the lack of free internet wifi access. Marriott seem to be a bit behind the times in this area - most hotels I stay in now provide it free as a matter of course and it does influence where I stay.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here for one night. Not only was the hotel clean, spacious and a great range of facilities, but the service received was amazing. I suffered from abdominal pains in the early hours of the morning and the manager organised a taxi to A and E, paid for our fare there, and also escorted my partner and I down through the back exit in case we knew anyone out the front. Not only was this extremely thoughtful, but it was professional and kind. He was there on our return and again made sure I was ok. The lady on reception at the time also helped my partner decide what to do in terms of my care and was very friendly. All staff were approachable and friendly throughout our stay. Food and drink were fabulous. I have never stayed in a Marriott before, but will now look out for them!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank singinmummy
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Generally excellent 3 day stay at the resort. Usual Marriott quality rooms and public rooms and all staff were friendly as well as helpful.
The Aylesford course was adequate but the Arden course was excellent and in great condition.
The only disappointment was the food. Breakfast was OK, but not up to standard or choice at other Marriotts or Hiltons I stay at. Evening meals for our party were particularly disappointing and consequently spectacularly poor value I think. There was a big function on both nights of our stay and it seems this left little time for the catering staff to care about the 54 of us in our group.