“Helpful staff”

Ranked #31 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Helpful staff”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great trip, hotel offered everything we needed, great location. Felt we wanted to mention exceptional service from Hayley in the restaurant, she was present at every meal, was always really helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Also Alana from Front Desk (with a little help from the kitchen) for going above & beyond in solving our 'Bread dilemma' . Thanks again for great stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Atul K, Front Office Manager at Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay.

I am delighted to read your positive comments and we will ensure that we will recognise our team member who has demonstrated great customer service qualities.

Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with an excellent hotel experience and we will be eager to welcome you back in near future.Yours sincerely,

Atul Kankrej
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had a disappointing stay recently. This was entirely down to the room I was assigned. Room 124 on ground floor just off reception, designed for people with mobility issues which in itself is not a problem. However it does come with unfortunate consequences. Main issues was that the hotel door was immediate opposite the reception area and was accessed by an automatic door. This meant any guests going to/from reception made a huge noise as the door opened and closed. This made sleep impossible.

I've stayed before and this is normally ok but avoid a ground floor room at your peril!

1 Thank Matt W
Atul K, Front Office Manager at Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for providing us feedback on your stay.

I am happy to read that you have stayed prior with us and did not face any issues though I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience you faced on your recent visit.

I can assure you that your feedback will help us to ensure we can provide problem free stay to our guests in future.

Please accept my apologies once again and we look forward to welcome you back.

Atul kankrej
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A lovely hotel in an easily accessible venue, with superbe golf facilities. This hotel is very easy to reach from teh southern M1 and M6, yet within minutes you are in beautiful countryside surrounding this hotel.

1 Thank pollyjb
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Having enjoyed the standards of Marriott hotels around the world I recently arrived at the Forest of Arden hotel with high expectations. These were sadly unmet as I encountered poor service levels, indifferent staff which included clearing away breakfast items before finishing, corridors left dirty, lack of observation of health and safety rules and even management indifference.
The final straw was to receive a very bland email from management with 'cut and paste' paragraphs in response to some genuine concerns. I won't say it has destroyed my faith in Marriott but it has certainly shaken it severely.

Room Tip: Get a room on the right side of the square or you have to walk miles.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Atul K, Front Office Manager at Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your stay.

Your have highlighted that your experience was not satisfactory and we understand your disappointment. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have faced and we would like to assure you that your feedback would greatly help us in addressing these shortcomings and achieving guest satisfaction.

We hope that we can have an opportunity to once again welcome you back.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Atul Kankrej
Front Office Manager
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great facilities and nothing was too much trouble for any of the Team. Meals were great and there was something on offer for everyone. Although I was here at a company conference I would make sure if I was in the area to use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I rarely review hotels while I'm still staying in them.

However I'm going to break that rule for the first-class rip-off joint that is Marriott's Forest of Arden hotel.

Like most of my hotel stays, this has been booked by a client for whom I'm working. I'm staging a conference for them just down the road.

I checked into this modern palace at around 5:30 PM on a Sunday afternoon. The check-in girl was really pleasant and found my booking very quickly. While we were pre-charging my card to the level of £100, which I later found out will probably hardly buy a jug of water, I asked about Internet. I was told that Internet access in common parts is free. Wait for it! In your room, should you want to do that extraordinary thing and not work in a corridor, or reception, but work at a desk provided in your bedroom, Internet Internet access is 6 pounds per hour. My room is a two-day camel trek from the "common parts"

There is no other term for this but rip off. Get you into the hotel and fleece you time. It's appalling and has entirely tainted my stay. I was offered a Marriott hotel loyalty card, but if it is a standard policy in Marriott hotels, then I certainly won't be staying in one again.

Add to this the £4.50 tray charge for someone to get off their backside and bring room service to your door and Mariott know that off is the direction in which they can go.

Room Tip: Choose a good room.....in another hotel.
2 Thank claytoncast
AAFOA, Manager at Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were not happy about the charge for the internet in the bedrooms, this is to ensure that we can continue to provide safe and fast internet to all our guests. We however have complimentary internet access in all our public areas including lobby and restaurants which is similar to other Marriott Hotels.

Your feedback is important to us and I would like to thank you once again.

Ankur Ahuja
Director of Rooms Operations, Forest of Arden, a Marriott Hotel and Country Club
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Business & pleasure served by some first class customer service. I booked this venue at the last moment, my purpose was a late afternoon/early evening business review, a dinner and a round of goldf the next day. Nothing dissapointed:

Price for dinner B&B was very good. the standard of the room was very high, dinner (although included) had an extensive and varied menu to choose from, breakfast was the standard hot & cold buffet of the usual standard. The stand out point for me was the customer service. Each interaction was a pleasure and always delivered with a warm smile.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris C
Thank you very much for your compliments regarding our hotel and service. I am very pleased to know you enjoyed the stay with us.

I have passed your comments to our team and would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Ankur Ahuja
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Edgbaston
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
#7 of 118 in Birmingham
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,893 reviews

Been to Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!