“Great stay!”

Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #30 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 31 January 2009

To celebrate father in law's 60th birthday, we stayed here so that the boys could all play golf together.

The hotel is having a bit of an overhall, so we had to book in at the temporary reception area that belongs to the golf club. That was a bit scarey as quite scruffy - but once through to the main hotel it was all fine.

We had a really nice room, which although not very big seemed really cosy. It had a lovely bed, nice soft furnishings and nice bathroom - all spotless.

While the men played golf, we used the indoor pool which was fab, the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, which were all really great and again spotlessly clean.

Apparently both the golf courses are really good - but that's all greek to me!

The main thing I want to mention about this hotel is the quality of the staff. Everyone we spoke to - and in particular the waiters in the downstairs bar and the restaurant - were so friendly and helpful, they really couldn't do enough for you, and it seemed as if nothing was too much trouble for them. What a pleasant change! So often these days you can't find anyone who even speaks english - let alone wants to help you! The staff here should be commended.

Finally the food. Yummy delicious and plenty of it. No matter what you ordered it was truly delicious.

Can't really fault anything here - had a very nice weekend and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda R
There are newer reviews for Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club

Reviewed 19 October 2008

Really enjoyed my stay here for a work awayday and evening.

Thought we were very well looked after by the staff eg when i arrived late for the meeting, the young guy I asked, where the room was we were in, rather than just saying "go left, right then elft", took the time to actually walk me to the room. Gald he did as it was a bit of walk up and down stairs and corridors.

Bedroom was adequately sized but the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom well appointed although I would have said that the shower head needed to placed higher. i am not that tall and I found I needed to stoop to get my hair wet. Good set of toiletries. No air-con but a fan provided.

Bedrooms are quite a trek to get to from the main part of the hotel, but I dont mind that as it means they are quiet and not disturbed by noise from the bar, meeting rooms or the restaurant.

Breakfast was buffet style but very pleasant.

Facilities look good and if you are a golfer I would imagine you would have a great time here.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 September 2008

Stayed with 2 daughters for short break weekend.The staff could not have been more helpful as i was on my own..large room with extra bed for smallest daughter and 2 doubles for me and her big sister. Beautifully clean lots of big fluffy pillows.Leisure facilities found the three of us swimming in a pool on our own followed by a lovely walk in the grounds avoiding the golfers of course. Dinner in the main restaurant was dissappointing the childrens food was very dry and poor and mine was no great shakes but on site and easy to do with the children 10 and 12.
will definatly stay again

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2008

I have stayed at this hotel on 3 occasions and I am always impressed with every aspect of it. The rooms are beautifully clean, the beds comfortable, the breakfast choice extensive and the swimming pool and changing facilities are excellent. I'm not a golfer, as most guests seem to be but the surrounding course makes for a stunning location.

It's conveniently located for many visitor attractions and there's a fabbie chip shop and pub in Meriden village. We usually pay for our stay with Tesco vouchers which makes it a real bargain.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Have just returned from a Sunday Driver golf package at the Forest of Arden. Was very impressed by the hotel which seems to have been refurbished, rooms were extremely comfortable and even had the bonus of showing Sky Sports. Service and food were excellent and although we didn't use them the leisure facilities looked excellent.
Both golf courses were in exceptional condition, the Arden course is more challenging but the Aylesford course was considerably better and more difficult than previous views had led me to believe.
I would recommend this as a venue for both golfers and non golfers. We even got thoroughly soaked on the golf course for about an hour on the Sunday!

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 11 August 2008

We booked this hotel primarily because of its easy access to the NEC as we were attending the Parelli Celebration on the 9th and 10th August. We stayed for two nights and took advantage of a promotional rate of £106 per night for the room including breakfast.

We had a very comfortable room – king size bed (if I had a criticism the mattress was slightly to firm for my liking) but the room was clean and tidy. Check in was handled well by the receptionist who was very friendly and we were greeted by a staff member as we arrived in the reception area.

The room was on the ground floor and I was a little concerned that this might be noisy as there were wedding receptions on both the Friday and Saturday night but there was no noise to speak of at all.

The food in the restaurant was good but I would have preferred a little more choice on the menu. We also dined in the cocktail bar and again the food was good and prepared swiftly.

One thing that I must comment on is the high levels of customer service during our stay from all staff members that we came into contact with. The service was attentive, very friendly and extremely courteous at all times. The only time we were kept waiting was in the cocktail bar, which was packed at the time and we received an immediate apology from the waitress when she finally arrived to take our order – but the wait we had experienced was minutes and not unreasonable.

We will definitely choose this hotel when we next visit the NEC.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2008

Stayed at the Forest of Arden Marriott in Feb I was there on business at The N.E.C which is only a 10 min drive or around £14 in a taxi. I had a friend with me she stayed in the hotel all day had breakfast in bed and used the pool etc. She had a lovely relaxing day, very quiet set in beautiful grounds. I found check in very easy, breakfast very good and the room clean. It was lovely having a double bed each, very comfortable beds.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)