“modern contempary rooms in a great location”

Hotel Indigo Birmingham
Ranked #27 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Leeds, United Kingdom
“modern contempary rooms in a great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

stayed over on 12th July and found the rooms clean airy and comfortable.great showers and fantastic views,had a meal at the MPW on level 25 which was good but not exceptional.very handy for the night life which is just round the corner.Free mini bar is a bit of a poor effort,bottle of water bag of crisps and a kit kat!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
York, Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

This is a lovely designer hotel cleverly hidden away with in the cube and set on the 24th & 25th floor.
Large rooms with great views (of birmingham) hopefully your not fussed about heights.

Good facilities. However they have managed to put the heating onto full. In the room before you arrive and the air con, well I felt a Nat farting more than I did the cooling breeze of a £199 per night room air cooling system.

Nice but not exceptional

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank alexgray-york
wales 99
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

This hotel has great potential, but they are some way of from realising it. The room was perfectly serviceable with great views, and the MPW restaurant has a great buzz to it, with friendly service and even better views. My problems were rather more basic, such as cleanliness; bathrobes are provided beautifully folded, but when i opened mine out, it was covered in brown muck- either the robe had been used by a butterfingers applying a body tan, or it had been soiled, and not washed. Either way, not nice. Then there was no shampoo, and housekeeping reported there was none in the building as they had run out.

When i pointed these shortcomings out to reception, I was told that next time I stayed, if there were similar problems, there was a complaint form that I could fill in! I remained unconvinced, and may eat at MPW and stay somewhere clean.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank welsh73
IHGCare, IHG Care at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear welsh73,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. I am pleased that you have enjoyed dining at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill and for appreciating the friendly service. However, I would like to apologize that you were not fully satisfied with the housekeeping services. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences and your comments will certainly be looked into.

Janice A.
IHG Care
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed overnight at Hotel Indigo @ The Cube, Birmingham, UK last weekend (30/06/12) check in was fine & staff very polite.
We got to our room & it was extremely Bright Orange....But we settled in & unpacked. The Room is a Great size & had STUNNING views of Birmingham as we were on the 24th floor. The storage for your toiletries is very poor in the bathroom & a lady will never be able to do her make up in there as it is also Bright Orange & doesn't help at all when trying to do your make up!!
In the fridge, there was complimentary drinks & nibbles....a can of lemonade, diet coke, a bottle of water still & sparkling, a pack of crisps & a half eaten kit kat!!!
Under the most softest bed in the world...which did not suit me I'm afraid, was a VERY dusty floor & a cigarette butt....!!!
The floors in the bedroom are wooden (effect) not bad if the people above or beside you don't stomp around or walk in heels....but they did...VERY NOISY!!! & as the Marco Pierre Restaurant was above us, i think we were below the kitchen as it sounded like somebody was walking around with a trolley most of the night...a lot of rumbling!!
It is a Great location for shopping, & night life. Give it a go!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bexappeal
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

Before I start as we are suckers for great customer service i must say the say the staff were fantastic and only have praise to say about them! Unfortunately that's where it ends, the designers have tried to make this place cool and funky by making it super minimalistic with bright colours but it's just made it cold and doesn't have the ambiance and atmosphere of similarly priced hotels, the whole stay we just felt like there was a huge ' something missing '. The rooms are so bare and stark, they seem to have spashed bright colours here and there and thought that will do, Wooden floors are a big no no for me in hotels, yet again fails to feel anywhat cosy at all. I really dont rate it any higher than a premier inn but premier inn prices leave you satisfied on value for product. I do feel like I'm being harsh and would it of cost £50-£60 I would of left somewhat satisfied but at £130+ a night I just felt they had had me over a barrel, when told we had a complementary mini bar in the room we were over the moon, until we peaked inside, come on guys I could of found more goodies down the side of a chair! It was a nice touch just add a little more than a coke and a kitkat. As we did I think a lot of people will stay just because the cube is a new development and to see what its all about but I'm sorry to say i dont think there will be much repeat buisness, and I don't give it very long until the prices are drastically slashed! On a positive note the spa was great, really enjoyed a relaxing day and the message my fiancé had was 'fab' ! Will be saving money and enjoying a better experience at our usual the Hyatt on our next night out!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Samuel-Westwood
IHGCare, IHG Care at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Dear Samuel-Westwood,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Janice A
IHG Care
Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed back in April whilst visiting the MPW restaurant (which was fab!). Having seen the Cube being built for quite a while we were keen to try out the new Indigo.

I booked on-line with advance payment for a balcony room, upon arrival we were checked in and given the key. We shot up in the super fast lift only to discover we'd been given a standard room, certainly no balcony. I had my confirmation and the guy on reception apologised and said he did not know how the error had happened. We were really disapointed, but as they only have about 4 of these types of room and they were all taken they said there was nothing they could do.

They sent us up a free bottle of wine & refunded the difference between the two types of room ( oh and they knocked the parking charge off the bill) but nevertheless it left us with a feeling of disapointment. It wasnt about getting something free we just wanted what we had booked and advance paid for. Its worrying how this can happen and having stayed at various Crowne Plaza's before (and always booked online) ive never had this happen before.

Anyway the room itself was OK, not all that big, and decorated very modern. Its quite stark so not cosy, but the main wow factor is the view from so high up and the floor to ceiling windows - not for the faint hearted! There was a free mini-bar which seems like a nice touch but there was barely anything in it. The bathroom was really nice, new & clean but its worth noting that all the rooms are shower only - no bath. Nice toiletries but very small and not very generous with them!

Car park is very cool, automated as others have mentioned.

Although we were disapointed with the booking mix up, i think its worth staying here once just to experience the views and the car park ! Certainly if eating at MPW its ideal . But i do think you need to be sure to get a good deal, the rooms are not worth some of the prices ive seen but the prices do fluctuate. Dont do the advance payment like i did especially if booking a superior room, be sure you have it before they take your money.

Personally now ive tried it i wouldnt go back, ive had the experience and going forward i'll stay at Hotel du vin which i think is in another league sevice wise and for the quality & size of rooms.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andycat17
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Dear Andycat17,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your wonderful comment regarding the view from your room, the bathroom and toiletries.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding the booking confusion. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
IHGCare
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

Only one night here as part of a conference. I was given a room with a balcony. Absoultely fantastic views of Birmingham and into the center of the cuble building.

Room Tip: Get a balcony if you can.