“Horrible treatment”

Ranked #27 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Horrible treatment”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I visited the 23rd floor bar with several friends on the afternoon of Sat May 4th. The view of the city is superb and the atmosphere seemed pleasant enough.

Towards the end of the afternoon one of our friends, a lone female, had to leave to catch the train home to London. I and another of my friends offered to walk her to the station.

On returning to the hotel the door staff refused to allow us back in as they said that the bar was full. I explained that we had escorted our friend to the station for her own safety in a strange city and that our empty seats were waiting upstairs along with our friends, but they continued to refuse us entry. When I tried to reason with the doorman that this refusal was very unfair he informed me that that what I needed to understand was that he just didn’t care. I asked for the name of the doorman and to see his badge but he told me that he wouldn’t let me have either.

In the end I had to phone my friends and they all had to finish their drinks and leave. Fortunately we were able to continue our evening at a bar without such an unpleasant attitude.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RobatKingsbury
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear RobatKingsbury
Thank you for the feedback you have left on Tripadvisor.
I am sincerely sorry that your were not allowed back into the premses due to us already being full to capacity.
However I will discuss your comments with my Security team and express the importance of being the face at the front of my property and how we handle these situations.
Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
london Uk
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Lovely hotel , great area near canal and the mailbox
Quiet , fabulous check in staff !!!!! Soopa lovely
Great bed ! Duvet and soopa soopa clean, and I'm very fussy about the mattress cover in hotels ! This cover was very good and thick and covered the entire mattress ! Very very important ! Never stay in a hotel without one !!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't forget to use the spa ! I was gutted I didn't bring my spa stuff
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear Lorraineuk62
Thank you for the positive review.
I am really pleased that your overall experience was fabulous and especially the check-in staff, I will pass your comments on to them personally.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Sheffield UK
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend with friends. Upon arrival reception staff were very friendly and informative. We had booked executive rooms, but they were a lot smaller than expected and whilst the bed was comfy, it wasn't a King. The room and shower room (no bath) were very clean, the shower was brilliant. The parking experience is a real novelty and worth the £18 for overnight parking as you know that it's secure and not going to get someone opening their door onto it. Location is perfect right next to the bars, restaurants and shopping at the Mailbox. One negative, we ordered an ice bucket and 4 champagne glasses, but they never arrived, we ended up drinking champagne out of the water glasses, not quite the same! the Champagne Bar on the 25th Floor is over priced and full of pretentious people, great view, but you are better off going to the bars in the Mailbox. Breakfast was average, nothing to shout about. If we were to stay here again, it would purely be for the parking and location.

Room Tip: we were on the 23rd floor and didn't experience any noise problems even though the hotel was ful...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank btheset
Dear Btheset
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit to our Hotel.
I am pleased that you found the employees to be both friendly and informative and that the overall stay was positive.
It is disappointing however that the Champagne Glasses were not delivered to you on request and that you thought the rooms were smaller than expected.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Lovely Hotel, great Bar and Restaurant great location, fantastic views. Our issue was we ended up in a room next to a cleaning/storage room and woke by possibly the worlds loudest cleaners with the moving furniture and what sounded like a bottle bank. Shame it really distracted from what would have been a fantastic stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Unfitguy
Thannyou for the feedback regarding your recent visit to Hotel Indigo.
I am sincerely sorry that your stay was marred by the Housekeeping team and the noise they made in the morning.
I would like to assure you that this has been addressed with them and the Manager who will be more aware for next time.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and once again my sincere apologies.
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Nice clean hotel with courteous staff. The beds are comfortable but don't expect too much from the free mini bar. A couple of bottles of water, few soft drinks and two snacks is all you get.

The parking at £18 is a bit pricey but worth it to see your car descend in its own into the depths of the building.
Overall a nice hotel I would use again.

• Stayed April 2013
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Andyr72
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit to our Hotel.
I am pleased that you found the overall experience nice and the staff were all very courteous.
The parking is always a talking points due to the nature of it and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Boston
Reviewed 2 May 2013

If you are looking for the best hotel in the town, then Hotel Indigo Birmingham can be the best option. It is a superb hotel where you can experience luxury in true sense. Rooms are elegantly designed, very clean and very beautiful. Quality and choice of fabric used in the rooms was excellent. Balcony was not too big, but view of the city from this place was awesome. Washroom had all the luxurious products. I stayed here for one week, a few months ago and wish I could have extended it longer. Highly recommendable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Dear Francesca T
Thank you for the positive review regarding your recent visit to our Hotel.
I am really pleased that everything about your stay was 'Simply WOW' and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed here for one night with my partner on Friday 26th April. The hotel is centrally located & is within easy walking distance of the Bull Ring shops, restaurants & bars. Check in was quick, efficient and staff were very extremely friendly and helpful. The car parking is unique but is easy and straightforward! The hotel is spotless as was our room. The views from the room were panoramic. There was complimentary tea, coffee, water, pop and snacks. Lots of plug sockets, cold fridge, powerful hair dryer & shower , free wi fi and safe in the room. Bed & pillows were very comfy. The champagne lounge and champagne bar also have panoramic views & there is a lovely outside terrace. The champagne bar seems to be a little quieter than the main bar area. Breakfast was impeccably served and was of high quality. We will definitely recommend the indigo & will certainly stay here again. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Book a table at the Marco Pierre White restaurant in advance to avoid disappointment. The champagn...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear L K
Thank you for such wonderful feedback about your visit.
I am pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and you also had the opportunity to visit the Champagne Bar, a great view.
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Mark Davies